shape
carat
color
clarity

My three stone and halo in one

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I must admit, I call this ring mine for 1.5 years already, however I was lacking the time to make a proper thread on this one.

This stone was a present from my mom for my 35th. I wanted something nice to celebrate this date and the year, which was not quite an easy one. I am a mum of, at that time, two years old daughter, my work required a significant commitment of time and efforts resulting in me having no time at all for myself, my dad passed away just the year before. All this gave me a feeling that I would be very grateful to receive a reward of some kind. Being a pricescoper, I decided that diamond makes an excellent reward.

I was looking through the stones and one stone caught my eye. It was unbelievably low priced, but was GIA XXX and had a HCA 1.9.
I asked Wink to call in the stone and evaluate it for me. Wink called in the stone and was surprised how nice the stone was. As usual Wink was a perfect gentleman and most professional diamond dealer. He made the purchase very easy and quick with incredible turnaround time. The whole process was always very transparent and made me comfortable purchasing the stone unseen.

Well, now to the stone - it was a winner! On paper it sounded not attractive - a K, I1 (those specs explained the low price), but the stone was totally eye-clean at any distance, faced perfectly white next to a F coloured melee of the setting and had perfect Hearts and Arrows. Tick!

Then I went looking at the settings. I wanted something that would have nice presence, but that I would be comfortable wearing daily. The diamond is 0.6 ct, so it needed some oomph. Originally I wanted to have a three stone ring, but I felt it would be too small for a three stone. Ritani three stone halo setting was my solution - this way I could get both and still have exactly the impact I wanted - not too dainty, not too large.

Now to the photos

_1385.jpeg

_1386.jpeg

_35891.jpg

_1388.jpeg

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some more photos

_1392.jpeg

_1393.jpeg

_1394.jpeg

_1395.jpeg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's stunning and oh so delicate!! I absolutely adore that setting, it frames your center stone perfectly and the proportions are spot on. Can we see some pictures of the gallery? :))

Thank you for sharing!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's such a delicate and pretty ring! I'd love to see more pics. :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size is your finger? The ring is gorgeous and has a lot of presence on your finger! :love: :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Gorgeous! Enjoy :wavey:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really lovely.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I've always liked this style of setting.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a really pretty setting! :love: :love: What nice gift for your 35th birthday, :appl: & condolences for the loss of your father.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a great piece! And your hands are gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing your beautiful ring! It's gorgeous! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally LOVE this ring!!! It is amazing on your hand! Huge congrats :appl: :appl: :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you please share profile shots of your beautiful ring?

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a beauty.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1452027707|3971198 said:
Oh it's stunning and oh so delicate!! I absolutely adore that setting, it frames your center stone perfectly and the proportions are spot on. Can we see some pictures of the gallery? :))

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you all very much for letting me share!

JDDN, lovedogs - you have perfectly nailed what I like about this setting - the delicateness and the lacy look of the setting. When I first got it, I thought of belgian lace.

I will try to post some gallery shots though it is dark now and I am struggling to get some good shots

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1452031914|3971258 said:
What size is your finger? The ring is gorgeous and has a lot of presence on your finger! :love: :appl:

Pintobean, I wear size 6 1/2 on my middle and 5 3/4 on my ring finger

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Queenie60, derbygal, Asscherhalo_lover, sarahb, canuk-gal, Rockinruby, natyLad, CravingDiamonds -

Thank you very much for your kind word. I appreciate the warm words, especially that I can only share the joy of having this ring with only few persons outside of PS

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1452031914|3971258 said:

Pintobean, speaking of the presence on the finger, here is a photo of Ritani next to my 1.48 ct solitaire - just for the fun of it. Sorry for the black spot on the bigger stone - it is not a carbon spot in the stone, but the reflection of my black camera

_1406.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring Dizzie!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty! I did a similar thing, combining the idea of three stone and halo.

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
love it

Bellaboo1969

Rough_Rock
Ooh, Ooh, Ooh! Your ring is gorgeous and we are setting twins!

I just absolutely love, love, love this setting! It looks so perfect with your stone.

_36135.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Dizzy, I love this new ring of yours!! Gorgeous! I've admired that setting for some time so it's great to see an actual ring. I agree with an earlier poster that the proportions are spot on.

Bellaboo, I love yours, as well. The different center shape really gives it a different look, but equally beautiful.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much for your kind words

Here is a photo of the profile. Sorry that it took me a couple of days to actually make it, but I was travelling

_1606.jpeg

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, weirdly it is sideways. Sorry, I do not know how to turn it from the phone

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring Dizzie! So sorry for your loss.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking! Such a nice idea to combine a 3 diamond setting with a halo!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful setting for your lovely diamond!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woofmama, Scandinavian, AprilBaby - Thank you very much, ladies. i must admit that I throughly enjoy this possibility to share a ring on this forum. In the part of Europe I am living in, diamonds are uncommon in sizes above 0,3 ct and I presume, that noone even thinks that this ring is a real deal. I would also not even dream of talking about it being a diamond - that would be considered bragging ;-)

As a side note - with this stone I totally realized the importance of an ideal cut. As it has this famous edge-to-edge sparkle that we all are searching for in ideal cut diamonds.

Besides, before I got this ring, I have never realized how much the diamond can blend in together with the halo if the halo is made really tight and is V-E-R-Y delicate. I was very positively surprised with the quality of Ritani.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results