shape
carat
color
clarity

My tanzanite/diamond ring...now lost forever =(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
For a long time I dreamed about the perfect tanzanite and diamond ring...but of course I was in college so money was a bit tight. But, I promised myself I would get the ring I wanted with (part of) my singing bonus from my first job. After months of searching, I found one that I loved and was in my price range...here it is (2.8ct of tanzanite, .5 tcw of diamonds, white gold, don''t really know the other specs) It was my reward to myself for working hard and getting my dream job.

Anyways, a few months ago I was having plumbing problems in my apartment...I let the landlord know on Thursday morning, and I thought the plumbers had fixed it when I came home late that night. Friday morning I was getting ready and decided not to wear the ring because it clashed with a gold-colored pin I was wearing...and I left it on the bathroom counter. When I came home from work, my bathroom was completly moved around, I had a new sink, etc. I didn''t realize until the next morning that the ring was nowhere to be found.

Of course I called the landlord/plumbers/management company...they all denied having anything to do with my ring going missing, and I didn''t have any way to "prove" anything. I was very angry and upset for a few weeks, and then I realized that for my own good, since I didn''t know 100% that someone intentionally took it, that I would choose to believe that the plumber accidentaly knocked it down the drain without realizing or something similar. And, even more unfortunately for me, the ring''s value was $50 less than my renter''s insurance deductable!

But, I have been reading these forums lately and I came across this old photo I had taken of the ring when I first got it...still very sentimental! I just got another bonus this last week, and I am considering getting something to "replace" it...though not sure what. This time I''m leaning more towards sapphire, as it is a tougher stone.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my story, enjoy the pic!

ring pic tanzan.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I am so sorry. What a pretty ring, and it meant a lot to you. I hate to say it but I am 99% sure the ring was stolen, I have had things stolen from me and it stinks, it really does. There is nothing more violating or awful. I know I would like to think that we live in a world where we can be a bit more trusting but clearly that is not so...that makes me really sad and angry for you.

Sapphires are almost as hard as diamonds and you can find one with a bit of that purple blue tone that a good tanzanite has. Tanzanites that are good quality are pricey and they are fragile, very much like an emerald. Today I was having a watch sized and I admired a large rectangular tanzanite in a diamond halo. I would guess the stone was 5-6 carats, and was just stunning in color. The price was $10,000.00. I would say if youfind something you love at the right price, get it, but a sapphire might be a better option...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry to hear about your lost ring. These days you either need to be there watching workmen or better yet, be sure all your valuables are locked up somewhere or with you if you can''t be there.

I bought a tanzanite ring before I knew they were so soft, so I''d personally also go for sapphire for the hardness.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry that happened to you and understand how awful you must feel. On the good side, if you wanted to get something else, I too would say a sapphire. They are much more durable. I personally wouldn''t want a tanzanite ring to wear every day (only on special occassions) because it''s not as durable.
You could design a beautiful ring with a sapphire which you could wear every day. Good luck on your search!
I tend to look on this website for fun www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com. They have a lot to pick from.
I know there are many other websites. Maybe do a search on the colored gem forum and you can find inspiration.

C Smith

Shiny_Rock
Check the gas trap under the sink for your ring. If it went down the drain, it is there unless they replaced that too. Seriously, it''s more than worth a look.

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
It is also well worth a look at the pawn shops in your area- you have a good pic so you might be able to find it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to read about the loss of your beautiful ring! I hope that you find something special to replace it.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this, that is just awful. Good luck finding the sapphire ring of your dreams
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I am sorry to hear this. The ring is gorgeous. I hope you find a replacement soon.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m so sorry, it sure was a beautiful ring! Good luck on your search for something new. Keep us posted
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry too!!! It was so beautiful.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recently lost a very sentimental ring as well recently so I can relate! I know how horrible you feel!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring, I''m so sorry it''s lost. I will keep my fingers crossed that you find another beauty to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results