carat
color
clarity

My "Spunky" .248 BGD Pendant!/Show me your Dainty Diamonds

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So, I did a thing yesterday.

I have a birthday coming up (SOON!) and, about a week ago, I stumbled across the Tiffany Diamond by the Yard pendants while looking for something for my hubby to “surprise” me with. “Yes!” I thought. “I’d wear it every day!”

I’ve never had a diamond pendant. I’ve never had a round diamond at all. My studs and ER are Asschers.

Since I joined Pricescope in January, I’ve wanted a small ACA or a BGD or CBI that I could potentially upgrade, but I would never change my ER. And, although I don’t mind dainty, I probably wouldn’t have been happy with the .03, .05, or .07 stone I could afford at Tiffany.

My budget was $500 ($600 TOPS!). And I wound up talking to a FABULOUS sales associate at BGD named Nicole, who was so incredibly nice. She answered all my questions and was so patient with me, even though we were talking about a .20-.25ish stone.

When I found this one, I fell in love! I’m so EXCITED! The stone was $402.00, but, with the discount code, it was $380.00. (I know a super ideal in this size was probably overkill, but I can’t wait to look at this baby under the loupe.)

I am just having it set in a four prong white gold setting for now. I might change it to bezel later. Or find a match and make it into studs. Or upgrade it. Or not.

They gave me a discount code, and, all in, my total, setting and all, was $580! UNDER. BUDGET. (Sort of.) LOL!

So, here is my spunky stone! What do you think? Also, I’d love to see your dainty pendants and other jewelry while I am waiting the 2 weeks or so for my necklace!

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ls/0.248-j-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104100412068

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! The stone looks gorgeous & boy did you find a nice shallow one (perfect for a pendant & squeezing out a bit of extra spread..;-) ).

You should post in the 2 week and waiting thread. LOL

Wear it in great health. :)

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! The stone looks gorgeous & boy did you find a nice shallow one (perfect for a pendant & squeezing out a bit of extra spread..;-) ).

You should post in the 2 week and waiting thread. LOL

Wear it in great health. :)

Thank you so much @ccuheartnurse ! I will check out the 2 week thread. Mine is scheduled to ship out the day before my birthday, so fingers crossed!

I thought I would second guess myself today because I was a bit impulsive and just followed my heart, but nope. I am still excited! What fun! :dance:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gorgeous stone!! I'm sure you're going to love it!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty stone! I bet it’s going to sparkle like crazy :love: I can’t wait to see it!

I have a couple .25ct pendants I had made from an old pair of earrings. It’s a great size for adding a nice little bit sparkle!

03106F16-49FB-4FDB-B7B7-55FCA41AD606.jpeg 8FAE89F4-B124-4E23-956D-7593291C5420.jpeg

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a pretty stone! I bet it’s going to sparkle like crazy :love: I can’t wait to see it!

I have a couple .25ct pendants I had made from an old pair of earrings. It’s a great size for adding a nice little bit sparkle!

03106F16-49FB-4FDB-B7B7-55FCA41AD606.jpeg 8FAE89F4-B124-4E23-956D-7593291C5420.jpeg

I love this so much! It's so pretty and a PERFECT size on you! And the bezel is LOVELY!

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this. :love: Super pretty and delicate. Lovely!

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's here! And I absolutely LOVE it! Nicole and Devorah at BGD took such great care of me. Devorah even overnighted it so it would be here in time for my birthday.

It is bigger and so much whiter than I expected. Truly. My engagement ring is an F and it was a big old leap of faith for me to get a J, but I ADORE it. It is SO SPARKLY! Oh my goodness. Pictures don't do it justice. Such a little spitfire of a stone! Mirrors are my new favorite things, just to watch it dance!

Thank you to everyone for all of the positive thoughts! I couldn't wait to post a few pics this morning! =)2

Happy birthday to ME! LOL
rps20181107_230157.jpg
rps20181107_225938.jpg
rps20181107_225058.jpg
rps20181107_231712.jpg
rps20181107_225206.jpg

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
It's here! And I absolutely LOVE it! Nicole and Devorah at BGD took such great care of me. Devorah even overnighted it so it would be here in time for my birthday.

It is bigger and so much whiter than I expected. Truly. My engagement ring is an F and it was a big old leap of faith for me to get a J, but I ADORE it. It is SO SPARKLY! Oh my goodness. Pictures don't do it justice. Such a little spitfire of a stone! Mirrors are my new favorite things, just to watch it dance!

Thank you to everyone for all of the positive thoughts! I couldn't wait to post a few pics this morning! =)2

Happy birthday to ME! LOL
rps20181107_230157.jpg
rps20181107_225938.jpg
rps20181107_225058.jpg
rps20181107_231712.jpg
rps20181107_225206.jpg

Oooh! So pretty! I love the length of the chain, too! I’m sure it sparkles like crazy every time you move :love:
The difference in color isn’t nearly as noticeable as what I’d typically expect. Especially with the J around your neck & the F on your finger. I’m doing the same thing with a stone I put on hold for my Christmas gift, it’s an I & my engagement ring is an F, too. The color variable opens up so many more options!

Oh, & Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day full of mirrors to see your new diamond twinkle!

Last edited:

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oooh! So pretty! I love the length of the chain, too! I’m sure it sparkles like crazy every time you move :love:
The difference in color isn’t nearly as noticeable as what I’d typically expect. Especially with the J around your neck & the F on your finger. I’m doing the same thing with a stone I put on hold for my Christmas gift, it’s an I & my engagement ring is an F, too. The color variable opens up so many more options!

Oh, & Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day full of mirrors to see your new diamond twinkle!

Thank you! I really like the length of the chain, too. It sits just right!

I'm sure your stone will look lovely, too! I had no idea that lower color diamonds could look so white, but the pictures on here convinced me to give it a shot. I'm a convert! And the sparkle on this thing is just fabulous. Very different from my asscher, but I love them both! :love:

Can't wait to see your Christmas present!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Congratulations and happy birthday. It is the perfect piece to wear every day and love!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I really like the length of the chain, too. It sits just right!

I'm sure your stone will look lovely, too! I had no idea that lower color diamonds could look so white, but the pictures on here convinced me to give it a shot. I'm a convert! And the sparkle on this thing is just fabulous. Very different from my asscher, but I love them both! :love:

Can't wait to see your Christmas present!

I used to be such a color snob :lol-2: As I’ve gotten older, I can still see differences in color, but it doesn’t bother me. I think I was just totally bought in to thinking a diamond has to be colorless to be beautiful. I’m not too proud to admit I was wrong ;)2 Especially if it benefits me with new diamonds!

Getting to know the different kinds of sparkle is so fun! My new stone is a heart, so still brilliant cut, but different from my princess. I can imagine the difference in the step cut & round brilliant is even more pronounced! :love:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday! Enjoy your new sparkler!

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I used to be such a color snob :lol-2: As I’ve gotten older, I can still see differences in color, but it doesn’t bother me. I think I was just totally bought in to thinking a diamond has to be colorless to be beautiful. I’m not too proud to admit I was wrong ;)2 Especially if it benefits me with new diamonds!

Getting to know the different kinds of sparkle is so fun! My new stone is a heart, so still brilliant cut, but different from my princess. I can imagine the difference in the step cut & round brilliant is even more pronounced! :love:

Same here exactly! I am so enjoying getting to know and appreciate the different colors and cuts and settings! The warmer colors are just gorgeous, too!

I can't wait to see your heart! That's going to be FABULOUS, I know!

This site is just the best! :love:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Same here exactly! I am so enjoying getting to know and appreciate the different colors and cuts and settings! The warmer colors are just gorgeous, too!

I can't wait to see your heart! That's going to be FABULOUS, I know!

This site is just the best! :love:

I am falling in love with warmer colors! There are so many beautiful things to discover!

I’m am so excited about this heart! It’s on layaway, so all my husband has to do is go pick it up & he’ll be done Christmas shopping :lol-2:
C47F3B4D-3C0F-402D-8022-6D05E47B744D.jpeg
& yes! This site is my favorite :kiss2:

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am falling in love with warmer colors! There are so many beautiful things to discover!

I’m am so excited about this heart! It’s on layaway, so all my husband has to do is go pick it up & he’ll be done Christmas shopping :lol-2:
C47F3B4D-3C0F-402D-8022-6D05E47B744D.jpeg
& yes! This site is my favorite :kiss2:

That is a BEAUTY!!!! I LOVE it! How are you getting it set?

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
That is a BEAUTY!!!! I LOVE it! How are you getting it set?

Thank you! I cannot wait to wear it :love: We’re planning just a simple basket setting with the chain sliding through the back.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I cannot wait to wear it :love: We’re planning just a simple basket setting with the chain sliding through the back.
That will be so pretty! I can't wait to see it! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Heathcat24 Congratulations! Your pendant is lovely on you. Just Gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results