shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My second chance at happiness...and the OMC cluster (and man of my dreams)

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hey pricescopers! I’m so excited to introduce my engagement ring to all of you. Meet “Happiness”! She is an OMC cluster with a 1.2ct L/M center. This is the first warm stone I’ve ever owned and I really love all the personality she has in different lighting situations. Sometimes she faces up very white, and sometimes an antique white, champagne, or yellow. I really love the wonky-ness of the OMCs and the fact that they are so beautiful and sparkly in their imperfection! The thing I love most about this ring is the story though. I was previously married to my high school boyfriend and it was not an emotionally healthy marriage for me. He ended up having an affair which was the best thing that could have happened, because I left and decided to make my life exactly what I wanted it to be. I ended up falling for one of my guy friends (now my fiancé) who encouraged me to take time to be single, focus on my career, travel on my own, and figure out who I was in a way that I never got the chance to do when I was married. Flash forward a year and we were seriously dating, and a year or so after that he decided to surprise me with a proposal on my birthday which also coincided with his NYC recital debut (we’re both professional opera singers). He enlisted the help of one of my best friends who knew that I was obsessed with old cuts and found a way to get my password from me so my fiancé could see the rings I was watching on eBay. I wasn’t expecting to get engaged or anything, but I always watch jewelry I love because it’s just fun to window shop! He got my closest friends and family to the recital (in a blizzard) and proposed to me during his encore with my favorite sappy 1950’s song and a ring that looked very familiar...and even more gorgeous in person. He’s the best person I know and I smile every time I look at my ring because it was such a romantic and thoughtful proposal and because I’m so happy to have a second chance at happiness! Thanks for reading my novel...here are the photos!!!

4904F3D6-2D83-4E20-8732-037074342C51.jpeg

3AAD8D0D-744D-4D0A-A51B-F606CB079A9B.jpeg BBFEB07C-598E-46C6-9603-9EB5C479F00E.jpeg D794827F-F076-43BA-9B50-C0F35B7847D6.jpeg 7FB8B815-5AD3-479E-8CCF-A24CB45DAB28.jpeg C14DF70B-08F8-4548-B86D-F5C527D8FCC3.jpeg 4480E19F-126C-4F89-AC24-02F13EB85B7E.jpeg Aaannnnd here’s my proposal video

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is awesome! Congratulations! What a lovely ring and proposal. Brought tears to my eyes!

:love::appl:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fabulous! What a proposal and ring! So happy for you both. Your ring is stunning, eternal and timeless. Thanks for sharing the impressive video.

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful love story, proposal and ring! That ring looks huge on your hand!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now THAT'S a proposal!! What a sweet, thoughtful, and talented fiance you have! And the ring is stunning. :kiss2: Congratulations and may you have a long and wonderful life together full of music and joy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection in a ring!:love: LOVE LOVE LOVE. And your proposal is the stuff of dreams.:love: Wishing you all the best in love, happiness and health. :appl:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a truly sweet story :kiss2:. It sounds like you've found a loving, caring, and considerate man the second time around... congratulations on your engagement and your gorgeous ring!!!

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring and a beautiful story! Congratulations!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most perfect proposal! And a beautiful ring! May you have a long happy life together!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a wonderful proposal and beautiful ring! I am so happy for you! The ring is gorgeous!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey pricescopers! I’m so excited to introduce my engagement ring to all of you. Meet “Happiness”! She is an OMC cluster with a 1.2ct L/M center. This is the first warm stone I’ve ever owned and I really love all the personality she has in different lighting situations. Sometimes she faces up very white, and sometimes an antique white, champagne, or yellow. I really love the wonky-ness of the OMCs and the fact that they are so beautiful and sparkly in their imperfection! The thing I love most about this ring is the story though. I was previously married to my high school boyfriend and it was not an emotionally healthy marriage for me. He ended up having an affair which was the best thing that could have happened, because I left and decided to make my life exactly what I wanted it to be. I ended up falling for one of my guy friends (now my fiancé) who encouraged me to take time to be single, focus on my career, travel on my own, and figure out who I was in a way that I never got the chance to do when I was married. Flash forward a year and we were seriously dating, and a year or so after that he decided to surprise me with a proposal on my birthday which also coincided with his NYC recital debut (we’re both professional opera singers). He enlisted the help of one of my best friends who knew that I was obsessed with old cuts and found a way to get my password from me so my fiancé could see the rings I was watching on eBay. I wasn’t expecting to get engaged or anything, but I always watch jewelry I love because it’s just fun to window shop! He got my closest friends and family to the recital (in a blizzard) and proposed to me during his encore with my favorite sappy 1950’s song and a ring that looked very familiar...and even more gorgeous in person. He’s the best person I know and I smile every time I look at my ring because it was such a romantic and thoughtful proposal and because I’m so happy to have a second chance at happiness! Thanks for reading my novel...here are the photos!!!

4904F3D6-2D83-4E20-8732-037074342C51.jpeg

3AAD8D0D-744D-4D0A-A51B-F606CB079A9B.jpeg BBFEB07C-598E-46C6-9603-9EB5C479F00E.jpeg D794827F-F076-43BA-9B50-C0F35B7847D6.jpeg 7FB8B815-5AD3-479E-8CCF-A24CB45DAB28.jpeg C14DF70B-08F8-4548-B86D-F5C527D8FCC3.jpeg 4480E19F-126C-4F89-AC24-02F13EB85B7E.jpeg Aaannnnd here’s my proposal video
Omg ! That so amazing!! Congratulations to two of you !! It brought tears of joy !! May it will be beginning of something same beautiful and emotional as your stunning engament ring

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh congratulations! This is the sweetest story and your ring is gorgeous!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a keeper!
Love your proposal, love your ring and LOVE that special man who will be your husband.
Tears :appl::appl:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! :love: Beautiful ring, and amazing proposal. how lovely that you have it on video also. :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness! What a romantic proposal and a stunning ring! Congrats and best wishes for many years of happiness together!

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you SO much everyone! It feels so good to share my happiness with all of you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, wow and wow! What a special man, a gorgeous voice and a stunning ring! Congratulations to you and best wishes for many years of happiness! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a happy, playful ring ! And brilliant story :clap: ...

Q

Queenie60

Congratulations to a very beautiful lady. And a beautiful ring as well! Such a special proposal - wishing you a happy life together.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! May you and your fiancé have many years of happiness. And happy birthday as well. You’re 21. You are so young and beautiful.

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations!! May you and your fiancé have many years of happiness. And happy birthday as well. You’re 21. You are so young and beautiful.

Thank you so much!

I'm 31 :lol::lol::lol: he likes to joke!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is about the sweetest, most romantic, proposal I have ever seen. Best wishes for a wonderful life together.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was the most romantic proposal I've ever seen. So happy for you and your fiance. Fabulous ring, too. I'd love a close-up shot. :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story! on your road to true love. Your ring? it's pefect.. lots of beautiful stones there.. congratulations and may your marriage be full of love and happiness. :)

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement and beautiful ring! And I really thought you were 21, too. You could absolutely still pass as such. Must be nice....;)2

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! What a beautiful story. :kiss2:

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! I am so glad you started a thread on this! Gorgeous ring and even more beautiful story. Congrats!!!

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Awww, what a sweet, thoughtful proposal! You look stunningly happy. It's so special that you also get to have the video to reminisce and relive the moment.

I have a similar story to yours. I'm just a few years older and divorced in my early 30's from the man I had been with since I was 18. It's such a terrifying yet liberating experience to go through. I am now going on two years in a new relationship that makes me more fulfilled and looking forward to the future in a way I didn't have before. The proposal part of my story is yet to be written...

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! And the proposal more so. Congrats on your engagement.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your birthday and the engagement!
So happy for you, can not stop smiling! Such beautiful and romantic story and the video!
You look so very happy together!!! !:love::love::love::love::love:
All the best wishes!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results