shape
carat
color
clarity

My search for a "flaming red" CS

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! It looks like a perfectly normal ring in the ring state and a perfectly normal pendent in the pendant state. Super cool!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my that is delicious! I love the attention to detail and how the ring/pendant is crisp, yet still sooooo romantic. Very nicely done. :appl: Cannot wait to see your pics when she arrives.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
It’s so pretty. I love convertible pieces!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The proportions are lovely from the photos! Can't wait till you get it!

voce

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely! :kiss2: I haven't checked PS forums for several days, but I'm surprised it's already on its way to you. Seems like that was a fast turn-around.

I wouldn't worry about the red color of the spinel until you get it in hand. It's likely due to weak or poor lighting or the camera focus. My current avatar pic is of my ruby indoors where the only light is 7am sunlight coming in through the window and with no indoor lights on, which looks similar to the pictures of your spinel. If under the sun, it's a fiery red, and even with indoor lights it looks better than with only the morning light. Your spinel will probably turn out to be a true red beauty in better lighting. The pendant/ring design is a work of art, and I really hope you'll get a lot of wear out of it unlike the butterfly(?) CS pendant that you did not wear much.

Looking forward to seeing handshots! Congrats again :geek2:

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow that is spectacular! I love it! The red is enchanting and the fact that it’s dripping in diamonds doesn’t hurt either! Can’t wait to see more pics.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy sh*t. It's here!!!! Feeling overwhelmed and beyond lucky to own anything this beautiful. Even DH knew it was special, because he said "....wait....how much did that cost?!" :oops:

Indoor lighting first. At its "worst"
20181112_144815.jpg 20181112_145554.jpg

And now the real fun. Outdoor sunshine, where the stone is FIRE.
20181112_144221.jpg 20181112_144321.jpg 20181112_144234.jpg

And outside shade.

20181112_144504.jpg 20181112_144249.jpg 20181112_144241.jpg

The workmanship is amazing, and the way it changes to a pendant is great. I'm glad to have the option, because I think it's almost too fancy as a ring for my daily life (but one I'll wear tons anyway!)

Somehow stuff looks less big/fancy on the neck, prob bc there's more "real estate" there haha. So having the option to wear both ways is awesome.

Feeling overwhelmed!!!! Is this how it feels to be you, @Acinom , @NKOTB , @elle_71125 , @SparkliesLuver , and everyone else who own my "bling goals" ???

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Holy sh*t. It's here!!!! Feeling overwhelmed and beyond lucky to own anything this beautiful. Even DH knew it was special, because he said "....wait....how much did that cost?!" :oops:

Indoor lighting first. At its "worst"
20181112_144815.jpg 20181112_145554.jpg

And now the real fun. Outdoor sunshine, where the stone is FIRE.
20181112_144221.jpg 20181112_144321.jpg 20181112_144234.jpg

And outside shade.

20181112_144504.jpg 20181112_144249.jpg 20181112_144241.jpg

The workmanship is amazing, and the way it changes to a pendant is great. I'm glad to have the option, because I think it's almost too fancy as a ring for my daily life (but one I'll wear tons anyway!)

Somehow stuff looks less big/fancy on the neck, prob bc there's more "real estate" there haha. So having the option to wear both ways is awesome.

Feeling overwhelmed!!!! Is this how it feels to be you, @Acinom , @NKOTB , @elle_71125 , @SparkliesLuver , and everyone else who own my "bling goals" ???

Wow it's fabulous! What an amazing ring! So pretty! Also looks like your concerns regarding the red were for naught, which is excellent news! Even the pictures of it in the worst lighting look awesome!

Any possibility of a video? Especially of the way it would switch between ring and necklace. How secure does it feel as a ring? I'm fascinated with how it works! How? o_O

Also please post more photos... Of like... All angles. And of it as a necklace! It looks amazing and exceptionally sophisticated.

Congratulations!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lykame it's a bit hard to explain, but I'll try my best! Ok, so there's a necklace bail that basically snaps into place under the ring. See pics.

20181112_180030.jpg 20181112_175957.jpg

If you use your nail, you can un-snap it such that it's not under the ring anymore. Then the ring head slides out. 20181112_181024.jpg 20181112_181035.jpg 20181112_180640.jpg

20181112_181042.jpg

It feels very secure, but DH says he doesn't trust it. He says the way that the bail 'clips' back into the ring itself doesn't feel that secure, so he told me to be extra aware when wearing it as a ring. Obviously that danger isn't present when it's a necklace. But that's my only worry, is making sure that it can't slide off the ring shank while I'm wearing it. That would be horrific! :shock::shock:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@Lykame it's a bit hard to explain, but I'll try my best! Ok, so there's a necklace bail that basically snaps into place under the ring. See pics.

If you use your nail, you can un-snap it such that it's not under the ring anymore. Then the ring head slides out. 20181112_181024.jpg 20181112_181035.jpg 20181112_180640.jpg

20181112_181042.jpg

It feels very secure, but DH says he doesn't trust it. He says the way that the bail 'clips' back into the ring itself doesn't feel that secure, so he told me to be extra aware when wearing it as a ring. Obviously that danger isn't present when it's a necklace. But that's my only worry, is making sure that it can't slide off the ring shank while I'm wearing it. That would be horrific! :shock::shock:

Wow that is amazing! I did wonder if the the hook obstructed the peg so that it couldn't come out when being worn as a ring.

How clicky is the click? Like really clicky or quite soft? Also is there any wiggle to the head when it's being worn or like... Twist? It's so clever, I'm really impressed.

Perhaps wear the ring inside for a while and see how it goes and then if it behaves itself go outside with it. Considering most of the time you have your hands down, it might be worth putting the hook that clicks on the side facing away from you. That way it would only be if you raised your hand that if it were going to fall it would fall - and hopefully it would be very obvious that had happened as your hand and arm would then be in the way of it. Also it looks quite hefty so you would notice the weight change!

Thanks for the explanation that's really helpful!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, you are one lucky lady today! This ring is stunning! The red is so freaking red (especially in the sun) and I just can’t get over the setting. It’s so deliciously blingy. :love: :love: I bet your hubby saw all those diamonds and got real nervous for a second there. :lol: This looks like an heirloom piece...just magnificent.

I’m telling you right now, I’m totally going to do a convertible ring/ pendant. This baby is goals!

ETA: thank you for posting the pendant to ring transformation l I was curious about that.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more bc I can't help myself. This is at night here with only my bedroom overhead light on....this stone is just insane. 20181112_222854.jpg 20181112_222857.jpg 20181112_222904.jpg

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that is spectacular! The setting complements it so perfectly! You are going to get me in so much trouble :lol:, as I am going to shenzhen next week and I am now thinking wistfully about taking my stone to daimondmounts to set. The ring really did come out breathtakingly beautiful!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insane indeed! What a ring. The red is amazing and so is the craftmanship of the ring. Thanks for showing how it transforms from ring to pendant.

Please post a lot more pics. So excited for you!!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stone is amazingly beautiful and the setting is gorgeous! :love: I love it so much! Add me to the list of CS’ers who now have a convertible ring/pendant on their wish list!
Thanks for showing how the attachment works. I was trying to think of a way to discreetly add an extra layer of protection to the locking mechanism so you won’t worry about loosing it. Could you string a piece of thin clear beading thread through the bail and then around the bar on the shank that the pendant sits above, tie a knot and tuck it in hidden away? Then you could just clip it off when you want to wear it as a pendant. I can understand your husbands concern and I would worry about loosing such a beautiful piece myself.
Congratulations on your beautiful new masterpiece!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Don't have a lot of time to comment, but I'll say it again...This is a work of art, and I'm so happy to see what it looks like and happy for you. All those months of searching and fretting paid off! It is utterly beautiful and very special! :kiss2::kiss2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous as a pendant and the red really pops on your neck :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

I love how it came together! This was quite a journey for you and I hope you enjoyed the process as well as the end result. The ring/pendant is gorgeous! Well done. :clap::love:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock

20181112_181042.jpg

I have a platinum diamond pendant that had a detachable bail. It fell out and I couldn’t find it... until I went to my car the next day. I squished it with my tire. :shock: Thank goodness it was well made and it stayed all together. My local jeweler fused the bail in place after that.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @lovedogs I don't know how I missed this thread, you have forever changed my idea of what a halo can look like. One or two rows of round brilliants look great, but your halo design is a work of art, a thing of beauty!!! Somehow it adds to the beauty of your spinel, without competing with it in any way.

Quick question, I'm still trying to figure out how exactly the bale "clicks" onto the shank and holds the basket in place. The right hand side of the photo below shows the shank with a rectangular box sitting on top of the shank, between the arms. There is a little knobby thing sticking out of the face of that rectangular box and I wonder what roll that knob plays in the "clicking"?
Ring Pendant Convertible 1.jpg

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I too have no idea how I missed all the updates! This was quite a journey, for you, @lovedogs, from finding that right Jedi spinel to designing the perfect halo for it, and I’m so happy for you that it came together so exquisitely well! It looks so beautiful as a pendant and incredibly #blinggoals on the finger!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so cool and beautiful! The only problem is deciding which way to wear it :think:
Seriously, it looks incredible both as a pendant and as a ring :love:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone! That glow is amazing! I hope you wear it all the time, either as a pendant or ring, and make it your signature. It is stunning! Enjoy! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results