shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Scrumptious 5.24 Oscar Heyman Engagement/Wedding Ring!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Re: My Scrumptious 5.24 Oscar Heyman Engagement/Wedding Ring

It's a real pleasure to see this beauty. Congratulations!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

Wow!! What a stunning ring!! So big and blingy!!!! :love:

Congratulations on your engagement! Best to you both.

Cachette :))

Sparkly_Girl

Rough_Rock

backwardsandinheels|1330629541|3138468 said:
Well, don't worry about your hands they look great-I'd say you give new meaning to the phrase about being an "old hand" :lol: You are now officially an old hand at designing gorgeous rings! :love: :love: :love: It looks perfect on you. What a nice outward symbol of your love-but it sounds like you are the kind of lady who would do okay if the ring was a ring pop as long as it is the right guy. The kids are still in the dark?? Or do they know you are engaged? How about a little pendant or bracelet for the girls or watch for the boys with the date engraved on them at the wedding? We could all take turns being ring bearers ;)) Thank you again for taking us along on your journey.

Well, since you asked about the kiddies.... :wink2: We told them over dinner one night and they were all THRILLED! It was so cute to have Dan turn to my kids and say, "You know, I asked your mom to marry me and she said, yes!" We toasted with champagne and the kids with sparkling apple juice.

The wedding is going to be so meaningful for us... at sunset on the beach, which is all of our favorite place in the world to be. Ethan (son 12) and Myles (stepson 12) will be Dan's "best men" and Lillian (daughter 11) and Evelyn (daughter 10) will be my "maids of honor." I am going to have Ethan walk me down the "aisle" as he has been the "man" in my life for several years. I get choked up just thinking about it.

I love your idea about bracelets for the girls and watches for the boys. We can't get them anything too expensive as they are all still in those "rough and tumble" years. Any thoughts where I might find something like that?

And while I love my ring so incredibly much, you're right... it could have come out of a gumball machine and I would have been fine. I can't tell you how happy I am to have this new, wonderfully quirky blended family. I'm not just marrying Dan and he's not just marrying me... We're marrying our two families together. :love:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous ring! Congrats on your engagement!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

luv2sparkle|1330574087|3138016 said:
Congratulations Sparkly Girl on your beautiful new ring and your upcoming marriage! It sounds like you will have a wonderful wedding and new start on a brand new life. I hope it is all as wonderful as your lovely bling!

Couldn't agree more! I am getting verclempt just reading all of this. ;( :D :D
Well, in our family, we gave some of the nephews Grandpa's/Dad's watch when they were 12 (or was it 16?) with the understanding that they could have it after college or when they turned 21. They could wear it for special occasions sometimes before then. Also, I've seen some great family jewelry under Motherhood that could work for your girls and even a tag necklace(engreaveable) under cufflinks/mens jewelry for the boys at RedEnvelope.com. Maybe a cool diving watch? Freshwater pearls would be cute for the girls in a beachy setting. I bet someone will come up with a Pricescope vendor too...

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations!!!! May you have a beautiful life together. Your ring is gorgeous and looks lovely on your hand. :love:

GrayBaby

Rough_Rock

Congrats! Just saw this posting. You must be married by now so I hope the wedding day was spectacular. Your ring is gorgeous, love the finger coverage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results