shape
carat
color
clarity

My sapphire in it''s first home

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice sapphire!

fireopal

Rough_Rock
wow.. thats a nice coloured sapphire!

Is it corn flower blue?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
The terms 'Cornflower blue' and 'pigeon's blood red' aren't really used anymore as they're so open to interpretation.

I've seen a huge range of blue colours referred to as Cornflower.

You're much better using the 'medium dark' type clarification. There is also a letter/number system that will describe the exact tone and whether is is a purple blue or a blue purple or whatever. It's much more accurate.

ETA: That is a beautiful stone - very, very nice!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Bling addict, zoe barlett, and Harriet for the comments

Flygirl - You are right about the right thing coming along when you are educated. My BF was the one who encouraged me to slow down and look at stones for a few months, I am glad I listened to him.

Lost Sapphire - I got the stone locally, you can read my post above, it explains the process. I could totally relate to how you felt when your first stone wasn't what you expeceted, I was totally disapointed when the one I thought I was going to get was different than I thought. I think what I learned from this is keep an open mind when looking for a stone, and take the time to really find the stone you want.

Fireopal - to be honest, the cornflower term has always confused me. Despite all my reading. I know my sapphire is mostly blue with some hits of purple under certian lighting, but I don't know if there is a "term" that goes with it.

ETA: Me and Pandora were posting at the same time, I am glad you answered that question because you know way more about this than I do. And thanks for the nice comments.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 10:50:31 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Lost Sapphire - I got the stone locally, you can read my post above, it explains the process. I could totally relate to how you felt when your first stone wasn't what you expeceted, I was totally disapointed when the one I thought I was going to get was different than I thought. I think what I learned from this is keep an open mind when looking for a stone, and take the time to really find the stone you want.
Sorry about that! I missed the part about the jeweler getting you the stone.

Thank you for your comment about mine: I am trying not to be too anxious, but am excited too that some day my new one will be here!

Your ring is beautiful.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 1:16:05 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 6/6/2008 10:50:31 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Lost Sapphire - I got the stone locally, you can read my post above, it explains the process. I could totally relate to how you felt when your first stone wasn''t what you expeceted, I was totally disapointed when the one I thought I was going to get was different than I thought. I think what I learned from this is keep an open mind when looking for a stone, and take the time to really find the stone you want.
Sorry about that! I missed the part about the jeweler getting you the stone.

Thank you for your comment about mine: I am trying not to be too anxious, but am excited too that some day my new one will be here!

Your ring is beautiful.

Don''t worry. I always seem to miss things on this form, I would be here all day if I didn''t read fast. I am excited for you too.

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
That is a gorgeous sapphire and the simple setting you chose is lovely, too.

I used to think sapphires were boring b/c I had only seen the cheap quality, dark ones on most people''s fingers, but when I see a lively stone like yours, that just dances before the eyes, it is so easy to fall in love. You picked a beauty - congratulations and wear it in good health!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results