shape
carat
color
clarity

My sapphire in it''s first home

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, it took awhile, but I finally get to wear my sapphire RHR. I really want to do a halo setting, but that would have put me way over budget since I put more money towards a nicer stone than I had initally planned. I am really glad I made that decision because a few days after I took my ring in, my shower started having issues and my condo fees shot way up. So I am glad I followed my gut. For now I found a WG setting that my sapphire fit in real nicely. It is raining, but I got a few pics, I will try to shoot more when the lighting is better.

Stone is a 1.64 blue sapphire in a WG setting size 6.

IMG_0427_1.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Close up, the color on and sparkle on this still amazing me.

IMG_0439_1.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow, I love the color!!! It is beautiful!! Congrats!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! That sapphire can definitely hold its own in a simple or a fancy setting, but I really like it in the trellis solitaire. Congrats!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry - I just looked up your original "i think i found it" thread and posted my response to this thread over there. Dork!

Anyway, to summarize and repeat in the correct thread, it is beautiful!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your sappphire is gorgeous, what a yummy color it is. Love the setting, it shows it off well.
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a GORGEOUS color, congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Skippy - thank you very much!

Selkie - I agree, I was thrilled to see how well it was able to hold it's own in a simple setting, thanks for you advice when I was having second thoughts early on

ahappygirl - thanks, i will go look at my other thread now :)

kaleigh - thanks, that is why I picked this one, I love profile views and this one was great for my stone

Catmom - thank you as well

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! The color is gorgeous and your ring looks lovely on you.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is perfect, and I love the setting that you chose. Wear it in good health!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty! You picked the most amazing color blue ...
18.gif
30.gif
18.gif
!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker, wow! I am a huge fan of the trellis solitaire (which I have for my e-ring), so I am a little biased of course, but I think your ring is divine. The white metal really sets off the blue of the sapphire. I wish I could see it in person! The color is so amazing in pics, I bet it is even more so in real life. ENJOY IT!!!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
marcyc, love in bloom, and diamonddana, thanks very much. I wish I could show you guys the color in person. I am hoping the sun will come out this weekend and I can at least get some better pics under natural light.

TanDogMom, I like you e-ring as well. I think I will do the halo in a year or 2 depending on other expenses. If I had to make a decision right now, I would go though Whiteflash and do a semi-custom route (have the head special made, but use the band from their halo ring). But right now this setting works great for me. I am still waiting to see what you are going to do this fall.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really lovely!! Enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It looks really lovely in that setting and on your finger.

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
beautiful! I think I need to get me a sapphire... sigh

That setting is classic and elegant on your finger.
1.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, what a beautiful stone! Where did you end up finding it? I love the trellis setting, so simple and elegant! Your halo''s day will come
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your sapphire ring. The color blue is soooooooooo yummmy!!!!!!!! Looks beautiful on your hand.

Linda

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful color! Wow!

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
The sapphire has a lovely color, truly a beautiful stone. The setting is decent... This way, you can enjoy your stone now and have it reset just the way you like it when the budget allows for it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Chunk -gal, kesmet, linda W, Holly, Kim, thanks for the complements

claireabelle - I used to wear a blue stone for my high school class ring. I outgrew that ring several years ago, but blue is my favorate color. That is what movated me. I am sure your time will come....

mercoledi - it is kind of a funny story. A few months ago I had some stones brought in from an internet site. I took them Jessop's Jeweler in San Diego to assess the quality. I found them via google. When looking for a B&M I go stright to the education page to see how acurate it is, their's was really good (talked about how cut was the most important factor in a diamond, and had a great section on colored stones that inclueded how they select them). He showed me 2 of his stones and I could tell right away that they were not only a better color, but a better cut. He explained to me that he buys the stones himself and will go to gem shows and selects them himself taking the time to make sure it was a well rounded stone. Well, I returned the 2 stones and was going to continue to work with the online company, but owner kind of stopped e-mailing me and the site was not being updated. I know he was having some family problems and felt bad, but it made me unconfortable doing business with him. I spent about 3 months going to gem shoes and jewelry stores (really expensive ones I could not afford) to get my tastes for color. I always found myself comparing the stones to the ones I saw at Jessop's. So I went back and started working with a sales rep who had just received her GIA degree. It was kind of fun because I am new to buying colored stones and she is new to the business and excited about all the stuff she knows. She pulled out this stone, told me the price, and I almost grabbed it and left with it. The stones are all beautiful and I would go back to them for another colored stone. The setting process, however, was expensive and frustrating. The only reason it worked out so was was that the sales rep took extra time to make sure it was right. That is why I will probably go another company for the final setting when the time comes.

Well I got off work early and the sun came out. Tell me if I have too many pics.

In indirect sunlight

IMG_0453_1.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
With the sunlight hitting the stone

IMG_0454_1.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I was so excited, I forgot to get a ring box before I left (I wore it out). So here it is wedged in a box for a keychain.

IMG_0463_1.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
And finally, a close up of the sapphire. I like this pic because it shows, even though it has a medium/dark color, you can still see through it. Thanks for letting me share!

IMG_0473_1.JPG

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Love the colour!!! It''s beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the colour!

Where did you get the stone?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone. Love the ring. Great story.

Once you are educated, the right one just lets you know, doesn''t it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results