shape
carat
color
clarity

My Sapphire Engagment Ring!

beatific

Rough_Rock
I can't even begin to tell you how many rings I have drooled over on these forums. Well, I'm ecstatic to say that I was proposed to by the man of my dreams this past Wednesday!

About the ring.....

After looking at about 100 diamond center stone rings and liking some, but not feeling a very strong connection I decided to look at blue sapphires. It was then that I realized exactly what I had been looking for! I was not allowed to "pick out" my ring, but after trying on a tray full of beautiful rings at my family jeweler's store I kept going back to this one particular setting. At the time it had a yellow sapphire as the center stone. I kept thinking, "If only it were blue!" Guess what?????

IMG_0991.jpg

I'm seriously in love with it and of course with him! While watching the Royal Wedding this morning I think I was staring at it as much as the TV!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful... So...ugm... how did orange change into blue? Tell us the whole story!

beatific

Rough_Rock
Here's another :)

IMG_1015.jpg

beatific

Rough_Rock
He completely tricked me and made me think that he hadn't really talked to the jeweler since our visit!

In actuality, he went back and spent hours at the store with him and picked out a new center stone! As you can see he picked right! My pictures are taken with my iPhone so they really aren't doing justice. I should really take some better ones, but I was so excited to share!

The blue is so bright that it has been distracting me the last 2 days at work. Plus I'm left handed so it is right in front of me with everything I do! How do you get anything done?!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! It look great on you! Congratulations!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice & what a sweetheart he is. Don't blame you for being distracted by such a pretty ring!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait until cars behind you start honking when the light turns green... :mrgreen:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring! I love that shade of blue. Congratulations!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
What a SWEET Fiancee !!!!!!!!!!!
You must feel just like a princess yourself every time you look at
that beautiful ring !!! :love: :love: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and classy looking ring. Congratulations.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning, I can see why you're so mesmerised by it! That blue is to die for!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :love: :love: :love:

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely! What a gorgeous shade of blue! Congratulations

beatific

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I love it!

shinychic

Rough_Rock
Love the blue, and the double halo of the setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results