shape
carat
color
clarity

My ruby red pave halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I finally have it, the ring of my dreams. There is no way I couldve done this without the inspiration and advice of those of you on here (firegodess, MINE, Reena, widget). When my bf asked me what I wanted for a ring, he had no idea what he got himself into. I originally said ''something sparkly''. Since then this creation has taken a life of its own. I always knew I wanted something with rubies. Originally thinking a band with alternating diamonds and rubies, my mother and grandmother both had rubies in their rings. Thanks to cathy wang at east queen jewlers in oakbrook for dealing with all my questions to finally make the perfect ring. Here are the stats

Platinum Ering
Burmese Ruby 2.33cts
9.08x7.33x3.94
28 brilliant cut diamonds=.44cts (2 points?)
44 full cut diamonds=.44cts (1 point?)
All diamonds are set in pave with small prongs (VS1, Color F)

Platinum Band
64 full cut diamonds .66cts

After a pic or two I will tell you the ever sweet proposal story!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Rings in the box!

goodboxpic.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is again!

sunnyhandshot.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy!!
I love it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG it''s just gorgeous!!!! You must be thrilled, it turned out perfectly!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

rae

Rough_Rock
Wow!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That is gorgeous, msflutter!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your engagement.....
9.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Last night i took my bf out to dinner for his birthday. We went to fancy new prix fixe japanese restaurant. I kind of thought that he would propose at dinner, actually, I was expecting it. I made the reservations and when we got there, they sat us in a private room in the back. I just knew this was it. Dinner was great, the sake was good we had a great time. They even sang happy birthday to him. Next thing I know we are in the car on the way home. HEY! wasnt I supposed to get my ring? I was kinda sad got in my pjs and decided to go sit up on the roof. He followed me to the roof (from where the whole city is lit up) and he started to tell me how much he loves me. And remember this is where we had our first kiss? how far we have come since then. How i am the best thing in his life and he cant wait to spend the rest of his life with me, he slipped my ring on my finger and asked me to be his wife. (i said yes). It was the sweetest thing in the world! Here is my ring on the roof!

skylineringshot1.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
My pics arent perfect, but I have lots of them! This is a bit blurry of a profile.

sunnyblurryprofile.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another side view. There is pave around the top and side of the halo!

myrrside view.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I dont have any living flowers, but I did have some tomatoes still growing....

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2005 11:01:15 AM
Author: msflutter
I dont have any living flowers, but I did have some tomatoes still growing....

tomato.jpg

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Jumping from one forum to the other to say..... Yippee!!!! It gets better and better with every photo- love the halo, the profile, all those diamonds on the band, the matching band and that ruby
30.gif
!!!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I know they arent great, but i cant stop posting them!

brighthand.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
And here is what it will look like with a wedding band!

ringbandfingers.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No we looove them so keep''em comin!!! It looks great on your hand. I loved the proposal story so sweet. Congrats again!!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: fountainfairfax
Jumping from one forum to the other to say..... Yippee!!!! It gets better and better with every photo-
Ditto! Keep those pictures coming...we can''t get enough!

I think your ring looks PERFECT!! It looks sensational with the w-band, and I just love seeing that beautiful juicy gemstone on that nice juicy tomato! Yummy all around...

widget

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gulp!!! It''s GORGEOUS
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Ms Flutter, your e-ring is beautiful!!!! I love the contrast between the red and white!!!! And the halo... simply stunning!!! Congrats!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif

Now you have to wear LOTS of red to show off that baby!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Its gorgeous and looks perfect on your hand!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY YAY YAY!!! Congrats on your engagement and on the beautiful ring! That is one gorgeous ruby and the diamond halo and w-band combo are just DELICIOUS!!!!! They really make the ruby pop. It is GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I loooooooooove it!!! Ruby is my birthstone, so I'm a bit partial, but the color looks beautiful. It's a great size, and the halo sets it off perfectly. I like the diamonds on the sides of the halo too and how the wedding ring will sit flush. Congratulations to you both. The engagement story brought tears to my eyes.

ETA: The tomato pic cracked me up!
9.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh, Msflutter, that''s just BEAUTIFUL!!!! (The ring AND the proposal story!) I love it....it''s just stunning!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
30.gif

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
I definetly didn''t know I liked rubies as much as I now due.
Fantastic ring, wow! :) I especially love that both your grandmother and mother wore rubies with their set.
It really is spectacular
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
All I see is a blur of sparklies, YUM. It''s massive on your hand, very commanding! Congratulations!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much EVERYONE for your kind words. I love the ring as well. It is a bit bigger than even i expected and is also a bit top heavy and tends to spin. I am thinking of asking my jeweler for sizing beads. It is a 4 1/2 and not sure if I should have it made smaller, it fits pretty snug with the wedding band.....but for now i am just going to stare at it. Coincidentally we have e-pics tomorrow and I cant wait to get her to snap a shot at our hands.

Thank you again for your kindness. I was really worried it wouldnt turn out right, and look like an enormous cocktail ring, but I think its perfect!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Love that... tomato
23.gif
err... ruby!
5.gif

Even the haze couldn't take away much from your ring. Good for you!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
what a great story and an amazing ring. Love on a rooftop!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry my pics arent getting better...i tried one farther away. Is this any better? Did I mention my camera is an antique?

yelbkgrd.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!! What a beautiful ring!!! Love the ruby!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results