shape
carat
color
clarity

My Rose Gold Twist Band is Here! Upgrade Set is Complete!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
For now, at least . . . :devil:

I bought a 14K rose gold twist band from KyleAnneMetals on etsy to go with my new upgrade.
Here's the listing I purchased:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59101990/pink-gold-twist-14k-band

I was inspired by AlloAmie's beautiful rose gold twist e-ring and set:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-set-does-this-look-ok.115349/

The rose gold on the band is a bit pinker than my 18K upgrade setting, which I expected, but it doesn't bother me at all. The band is super delicate and I love the way it looks with my new upgrade. (A gajillion more pictures of my upgrade ring can be found here:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...y-2-30-ct-omb-antique-cushion-upgrade.158760/)

I have to say I am now a true convert to rose gold. You can see I have a pasty complexion, and it looks so much better on my hand than the platinum of my original set. There's also something a bit romantic about the rose gold color, I have to say.

As always, I took a million mediocre pictures of my new ring to make up for the fact that I am hopeless at taking quality photos of my jewelry. I tried to take video of the rings, but I can't figure out how to set the camera to macro mode for video, so it just turned out to be a moving blur with flashes of fire coming out of it.

Brace yourself for my usual photo overload :cheeky:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Re: My Rose Gold Twist Band is Here! Upgrade Set is Complete

Frantically refreshing for pictures.... :cheeky:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

The pictures:
IMG_1592.jpg
IMG_1594.jpg
IMG_1574.jpg
IMG_1575.jpg
IMG_1576.jpg
IMG_1564.jpg
IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1584.jpg
IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg
IMG_1602.jpg
IMG_1604.jpg
IMG_1607.jpg
IMG_1611.jpg
IMG_1639.jpg
IMG_1643.jpg
IMG_1653.jpg
IMG_1661.jpg
IMG_1678.jpg

Aaaaaand, that's it. Thanks so much for looking! :wavey:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Feb03Bride|1303591157|2903566 said:
Frantically refreshing for pictures.... :cheeky:
:bigsmile:
Sorry to keep you waiting, Feb! :cheeky:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

Oh wow, Haven. So beautiful, delicate, classic yet has a twist (literally, lol), gorgeous ring! It looks amazing with your new e-ring. Simply stunning!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

Oh, such a dainty and lovely addition to your solitaire! Love it. :appl:

I hope you don't mind if I copy you someday when I start my rose gold stacking set. ;))

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock

wow, so pretty!! I'm sooo glad someone finally purchased this ring and posted pictures! I've been stalking it. Congrats on TWO pretty new rings. I may need to finally give in and order one. :naughty:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you, rubybeth! I can't wait to see you start your rose gold stacking set! :devil: Dare I say that rose gold is becoming a bit of a trend around PS? I feel like we're seeing more of it. I hope to add some more stacking rings to my set within the next year, so we'll see . . .

Thank you, DisneyBride! DO IT! Get the ring! :cheeky: Kyle Anne was really wonderful to work with, I'll definitely buy from her again. She responded immediately to all of my questions, and she had the ring in my hands within weeks--can't ask for more than that!

I thought it would be fun to post a comparison shot of my old set and my new set. I traded in my original e-ring, but I still have my wedding band, of course. I now wear it on my right hand with my grandmother's ring. Here's the comparison, I can't believe how much my taste changed in a few short years:
oldsetnewset.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Holy mother of ... uh ... nature. GORGE! I think the rose/pink gold really makes your stone look like it is floating on your hand. Just levitating. It is a subtle but oh so elegant look. Yes, romantic.

And I can NEVER get enough of that miraculous stone. Dare I say ... it may eclipse *the stone that shan't be named* as my fave vintage center stone around these parts.

ETA: I've captioned the Before & After in my mind as "Flash to Panache" :naughty: :bigsmile:

stci

Ideal_Rock

Ho Haven! Your set is to die for! Congratulations! :love:

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful rings...and that stone is gorgeous!

Lovin' the "flash to panache"--made me smile.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock

I LOVE it! If I could have a second e-ring, I think I'd totally go with rose gold.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, so pretty!!!! I can really see having two of these to wear on either side of an eternity ring. I just love your new e-ring!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, i'm so jealous, i want one too! It looks gorgeous with your ER :appl:

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock

Love it! I have the same band and I wear it alone.. It's just so delicate. And you're right, there is something so romantic about the rose gold. As a fellow pasty, the rose gold looks so pretty against my skin as well...It's not as harsh of a contrast as yellow/white gold.

Janae335i

Rough_Rock

Haven it's perfect! Looks very lovely together.

It seems like PS and Etsy go hand in hand, I have that petite rose gold ring in my favorites and was just trying to decide to get it or not! Lol!

Luminous-MB

Rough_Rock
Trade

Haven|1303590862|2903564 said:
I have to say I am now a true convert to rose gold. You can see I have a pasty complexion, and it looks so much better on my hand than the platinum of my original set. There's also something a bit romantic about the rose gold color, I have to say.

I am totally with you on that!! Rose gold melts my heart :love: :love:
As beautiful as your original set was, your new one is simply that much more special! Congrats on the new upgrade!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful, Haven!! :love: :love: Simple and elegant and totally unique, I love them together!

Your inspiration is one of my favourites, too ::) So, I have to ask, will you be adding a bezel band to complete the look? :naughty:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

Haven, your new set is absolutely gorgeous. It has a timeless, elegant, romantic feel that is simply beautiful. Although your original set was beautiful, this new one is to-die-for. :love: :love: You wear it well!!!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks beautiful Haven with your gorgeous rock! I do love the look of rose gold on you!

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Love it!!!!! Your rings are so gorgeous!!!!! Enjoy!!!! :appl: :appl:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock

Love your new band! It looks absolutely perfect with your gorgeous upgrade ring. The rose gold looks so warm and flattering on your hand. May you wear your lovely new rings in happiness and health!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Deco--Flash to panache, I love it! And I'm quite honored to have my stone put in the same category as the stone that shan't be named--thank you!

Stci, HMR Mama, Merilenda, Natylad, Luminous-MB, FarleysMom, D&T, Dani, and Kittybean--THANK YOU for your kind words, all.

Stargurl--Thank you! Ooh, I've had my eye on that ring, too. I really like it, and it looks like a nice pinkish color. Do you have any photos of your stack here on PS?

Diamondseeker--Thank you! I LOVE that idea--an eternity band flanked by twist bands. Hmmm . . . only six months until my birthday. :naughty:

Sparklyheart--A fellow pasty! I laughed when I read that. Perhaps we should have our own SMTR thread--Show Me Your Pasty-Friendly Rings! I think you're right, the contrast is nice and subtle with rose gold. I am really loving it.

Janae--We really do have similar taste, don't we? I feel like my center stone is a baby to your new cushion! I'm still waiting very impatiently to see your ring! I hope it's finished soon!

Yssie--You are BAD, my friend! And . . . correct, I am a total copycat and I definitely have a bezel band on my wish list. I feel like these thinner bands of mine could really do well with *one* more band.

Thanks for looking, everyone! I admit to sneaking peaks at my new set all through dinner tonight and I just love it. I'm so happy I went with rose gold, and I know there's a lot of controversy about thin bands right now, but I am so digging mine!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS Haven, I'm loving the rose gold!! Congrats! :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow very pretty, I love rose gold :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They look beautiful together! So delicate and feminine!

Unicorn64

Rough_Rock

It looks gorgeous with your e-ring! I just love the set! Congrats! :love: :love:

gwennivere

Rough_Rock

It looks absolutely beautiful!! :appl:

I was actually looking for a simple, thin spacer band and this looks perfect! Thanks for sharing the etsy store with us!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you for your sweet comments, ladies!

The good news is that I was FINALLY able to read my Sunday paper outside this morning, the Chicago weather is at least decent today. The bad news is that I was distracted by all of the FIRE coming off of my ring. So of course, I had to take some pictures for my PS friends.

Of course, the fire looks so different IRL, but this was the best I could manage. This stone is seriously mesmerizing. It looks so crisp and clear, it's very strange and different from what I'm used to seeing in diamonds. I can't explain it well, but there's something different about it.

I know you're probably sick of pictures by now, can you tell I'm still in the new love phase with this set? :cheeky:

Here they are:
IMG_1687.jpg
IMG_1733.jpg
IMG_1734.jpg
IMG_1739.jpg
IMG_1742.jpg
IMG_1757.jpg
IMG_1777.jpg
IMG_1783.jpg
My lame attempt at a hand shot:
IMG_1789.jpg

As always, thank you for humoring me!