shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring will soon be on its way!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
it is HUGE and simply stunning. It looks amazing on your hand...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH.
23.gif
MY.
23.gif
WORD!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Gorgeous!
30.gif
Simply breathtaking! I agree, WF outdid themselves with the pave! Watch out, Leon!
2.gif

YOWSA!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH! Another question, please. I am VERY interested in those "sizing pads"! (Never liked the look of those sizing balls much - but those little pads are VERY unobtrusive.) Can you feel them? When the ring is on, can you see that they are there? Are they noticeable at all (when wearing the ring)? Are they equivalent, would you say, to about 1/4 size?

Could you possibly take some pictures of the shank of the ring being worn so we can see how it looks, please? Oh, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Lynn

PS What size is the ring?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!
6.gif
It is absolutely drop dead gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

This was soooooo totally worth all the previous aggravation!!
36.gif
36.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I''m actually kind of frustrated with the sizing of the ring and don''t know what to do. It''s a size 5 and when it''s on my finger it is sliding all over the place. But it''s a b**ch to get on/off because of my knuckles. I cannot go down in size or I would never get it on my finger but it will not stay in place at all when on my hand. I know it''s top-heavy but I wish there was something I could do. The sizing pads don''t help alot b/c there is so much room between my finger and the ring once it is actually on. I''m tempted to have sizing beads put on but I think I wouldn''t be able to get it on then.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THAT DIAMOND LOOKS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely beautiful and unique, who needs Xmas trees with that blazing away!

Congrats and enjoy!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
That looks SO big. I don''t know why. Maybe it''s because of the size of your fingers???? I don''t know but it''s HUGE!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing I can think of as I have a similar problem is to get some plastic ring snuggies, they are quite comfortable, although not ideal, and live with the ring a little while to see what would be best. Also I have heard of sizing springs, maybe the experts might know of these and be able to advise further. I know it is a pain and you want it right without accessories. Maybe a half size reduction might be enough where you can still get it over your knuckles but stop the spinning.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
.... it looks HUGE, and beautiful!!! absolutely gorgeous stone!

I have the same problem with my ring. It basically is always too loose unless my hand is nice and warm (which is never in the winter, it seems). I haven''t done anything about it yet, but it''s REALLY annoying.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
10.gif
37.gif
9.gif
Gee!

Count ever preise already on this thread twice from my part. What could I add? It definitely looks at home on your hand to boot.

Plus:

One question - Is this ring gong to sway Mara away from tall, round solitaires?
31.gif

And a suggestion for the spin problem:

Aside sizing beads, there is a trick about ring shanks that make top-heavy rings more stable that could still be ''implemented'' here hopefully without damaging the ring ... I can''t be sure of this, only a jeweler can, but here goes as a hint. These are rings with ''reversed'' shanks that tapper from thin near the stone to wide in the back of the finger. Some are only mildly so (to the point when this is more a matter of looks than stability), some designs take this seriously (like this). I wonder if a small support element could be added (preferably a removable bit?) in the back to effectively widen the point of contact between ring and finger.

It would be such a pity if the ring turns out uncomfortable... I wish it isn''t the case and you may get used with the large piece moving a bit.
5.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, what are these plastic ring snuggies and where can I get them?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly! That ring is huge and gorgeous! My mom had a marquise but it never looked like that!
2.gif
Congratulations!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Lord, Jazmine. It is stunning!!!!
30.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow..your ring is amazing jazmine! i can''t believe how huge your marquise is
3.gif

part of your spinning problem could be your beautiful long and slender fingers..for most anyone else, that rock would be hitting close to a knuckle. you have a lot of real estate there!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2005 9:56:25 AM
Author: belle
wow..your ring is amazing jazmine! i can't believe how huge your marquise is
3.gif

part of your spinning problem could be your beautiful long and slender fingers..for most anyone else, that rock would be hitting close to a knuckle. you have a lot of real estate there!
I know, are you absolutely sure it is 2 carats Jazmine, that is a large diamond weight already, but it looks ENORMOUS
face20.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! That ring is amazing and looks beautiful on your hands!!!!! And to echo what everyone else said, it looks gigantic!!!! I really like how the marquise is set east to west -- very unique. Congrats!!!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is gorgeous!! I''ve never seen that shape worn that way!!! Beautiful!!

Those sizing pads are neat...i''ve never seen anything like that before. I myself have huge knuckles and my rings slide ALL OVER. I saw a pamphlet in a B & M about something they do to your ring....it looked like it would snap apart to extend over your knuckle then snap back onto place to be snug on the bottom of your finger. I''ll have to get one of those pamphlets to see what the deal is on it......on one hand it seemed genious on the other hand...I didn''t know if I wanted them to make my ring snap able......

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2005 11:43:29 AM
Author: devientdrow
Wow that is gorgeous!! I''ve never seen that shape worn that way!!! Beautiful!!

Those sizing pads are neat...i''ve never seen anything like that before. I myself have huge knuckles and my rings slide ALL OVER. I saw a pamphlet in a B & M about something they do to your ring....it looked like it would snap apart to extend over your knuckle then snap back onto place to be snug on the bottom of your finger. I''ll have to get one of those pamphlets to see what the deal is on it......on one hand it seemed genious on the other hand...I didn''t know if I wanted them to make my ring snap able......
I have seen those too, I think a certain company makes them but you have to have a new shank which looks like a clip or buckle, snaps around your finger, I don''t know if they can modify an existing ring though, be good if they could
34.gif

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
your ring is beautiful! i so want a marq. now! i haven''t seen one that beautiful before.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, Jazmine. Your ring turned out just beautiful. It looks perfect on your hand as well. What a great find. Wear it in good health and happy times. Did I mention it''s huge? IT''S HUGE!!!!
30.gif

shay

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is amazing!!! It''s definitely one of my very favorites on PS now!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2005 7:56:45 AM
Author: jazmine
Lorelei, what are these plastic ring snuggies and where can I get them?

i think they sell them at Claire''s in the mall.

you may also want to consider the butterfly spring like this one:

bflyspring.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jazmine- yours is my new favorite MQ ring! Wow! I love the east to west, love the pave, love it all! Congratulations!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. God.

Speechless, frozen, stunned!!!

Jazmine, this ring is simply unbelievable!! I''ve never seen anything quite like it and it is god-da*ned freakin'' BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I''ve never really thought about a marquis ring but now after seeing yours, I think I know what kind of RHR I want someday! It so unique and, well, just incredible-looking!

Congratulations and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the additional compliments everyone!
After wearing the ring for 2 weeks, I am really confused about the sizing issue. One day last week it was so tight I could not get it off. Even after using soap, ice, and lotion. I had to sleep with it on and in the morning, in a panic I ripped it off. Since then though the ring is back to its usual spinning and flopping. The shank pads are not really helping at all because the don''t come into contact with my finger due to how loose the ring is. I contacted Bob at WF and I think I will be sending it back after the new year to have the shank pads removed and a butterfly or horseshoe spring added. He told me it really doesn''t matter which I choose b/c they work the same way and I just have to be careful not to bend the spring. Does anyone have a preference over the butterfly and horseshoe? Which would be better for someone like me that has a really hard time getting their ring on/off? I would assume the butterfly as it is smaller. Also, are these springs easily bent?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jazmine, just a thought if the ring gets stuck again. A friend was told to use Windex to remove her toe rings and it worked well where nothing else would, try spraying your finger with that if it happens again, hope it won''t though.

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
I never saw a marquise that I really liked until this one--what a STUNNING ring!

P.S. - Have you thought about what to do for a wedding ring?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Jazmine,
You need to create a thread for your magnificent marquis in the SMTR forum, so Sevens will see it to add it to the eye candy folder.

Scintillating...

singer

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY *&$%^&**#@!!! That thing is freakin'' ginormous! SOOOOOOOO Beautiful!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results