shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring is going back to WF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
This is a sad day in NYC
7.gif
...my beautiful new baby is going back due to a boo-boo in the setting. You can see it in the picture.
I am going to be without it for a week or more...I am so sad...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

acaraballoring.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that! It''ll be in good hands and it''ll be back before you know it!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
atroop-

I just went through the exact same thing! It was horrible to send my beautiful ring back to WF so soon
7.gif

But it''s finally back and looks beautiful! I hope your ring won''t take too long to fix!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Geez, first icekid and now you???? That''s a shame......

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t it seem like an awful lot of people are having problems with their rings lately? what''s going on??!?!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am soo sorry atroop. Yes it does seem like nearly everyone ( not a 100% but many) who has had a custom peice lately that the QC has simply not been up to levels that they have previousl earned. I find it very dissapointing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It seems to me that rings are being sent out without being properly examined. If they were they wouldn''t be sent out in this condition. Just my humble 0.2.
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2005 7:45:43 PM
Author: Matatora
I am soo sorry atroop. Yes it does seem like nearly everyone ( not a 100% but many) who has had a custom peice lately that the QC has simply not been up to levels that they have previousl earned. I find it very dissapointing.
yeah, not sure what''s going on with the QC these days- totally disappointing!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Yeah...I am so sad too...I actually was debating on whether to send it or not...but I knew deep down I had too...my husband was like...send it back now
38.gif

Maybe now since there have been so many, they may realize that this is happening too often.

This will be a hard time for me...I waited 10 yrs for it...had it for 3 days and now I have to send it away....
39.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I feel for you, BIG HUGS!!!!!! I know how icekid felt to get engaged and then have to send her ring back to WF. They did a great job fixing hers, and will do the same on yours. Too bad they didn''t catch this in the first place. What a bummer, hang in there!!!!
1.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
ATroop I am sooo sorry!!!!
39.gif
I agree, what the heck is going on??
38.gif

Edited to use the right smiley!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

detailsonqcwithatropswfring.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It also looks like there is a dent in the milgraining???? See that big indentation???

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think that is her primary reason for sending it back, the shank part of the ring looks decent but the halo...I am not impressed with the quality. I am not trying to be harsh, but really.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh....that big dent is why I am sending it back....Ugh....the waiting will just suck.
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally, I think it''s hard to be ''impressed with the quality'' in a small thumbnail picture of a ring...it''s very easy for your eyes to play tricks on you with those pictures.
20.gif

But obviously atroop has seen her ring in person and the dent is a real issue which is why she sent it back...as she should have. But the additional metal or spacing of the melee could just be a trick of the picture.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I was impressed with Kaleighs ring...the diffrence is easily visable...espcially in the orignal photo files. JMO and everyone is entitled to thier own.

kasscher02vsatrophalo.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll point out the obvious in that those pictures are not comparing apples to apples because of the angles of the shots. The first one looked actually ANGLED to me as in the ring was not straight. But that second is also a head on shot. Kind of easy to say one looks great when the other doesn't have the same photo advantage. Just my two cents...It could very well be that something else is off with her ring, but my point was that it's very hard to tell things from a thumbnail photo. Period.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry atroop.

I cannot comment about what the issue might be until we get the ring back. It is hard to tell from the photos.

Guys, we are not flawless but we process our tasks carefully with the intent of getting it right for every customer. If a mistake is made we will try very hard to correct it with care and quality.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Your right of course, they are diffrent angles, but the point can still be made. Apprently some can only make positive observations from thumbnails.
20.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I see what you mean in both respects. And I agree with Mara that obviously a blown up image is going to supersize the flaws, but if you have seen them in person with your own unaided eyes, then send it back and get it fixed.

Keep us updated!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
OH...you poor thing! I feel so horrible for you, to get your ring on your finger and then have to send it back! That''s absolute torture!! But, it''s better to have it done now than to torture yourself! I know you share my little OCD thing!
2.gif

It will be perfect in the end!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2005 8:17:03 PM
Author: Matatora
Your right of course, they are diffrent angles, but the point can still be made. Apprently some can only make positive observations from thumbnails.
20.gif
I disagree that the point can still be made, well, unless you were basing it on something OTHER than actual facts which CANNOT be determined from a thumbnail angled picture of ANY ring. Sorry.

As for positive observations, other than someone saying 'boy that's a pretty ring'....no one else was trying to make assumptions here.

ETA: I figure that atroop is a smart girl, she noticed the dent in her ring when no one else did from the pix. So that would stand to reason that if the melee was misspaced or there was a problem with the halo being angled incorrectly etc, chances are her real-time viewing of her ring on her finger would have led to other observations. That NOT being the case is what made me think that the original posted image was maybe just a fluke of the photography. SHE has all the facts...we're just gabbing.
2.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi again...

I am not a super picky person...not at all.... I don''t see anything wrong else wrong with the ring....when I got the ring this past Saturday...I did notice the dent...but I was looking for it ...my husband said...you have to send it back because it should be perfect and the fact that he knows I will be bothered by it.

I know that the company isn''t 100%...none of us are..but I am happy to know that they will keep their word and fix it!....I trust them....if not I would have never gone with them....

Just the seperation will be hard...but worth it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks like you have a very good perspective on this atroop. no knee-jerking necessary. you are the only one that has seen the ring, there is absolutely no point in someone dissecting the picture of the ring to try and find other flaws with it. i hope this fix is quick and painless as possible for you.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Tawn....you are so funny....I do share your little OCD...
35.gif

Let''s here it for all of us SELF DIAGNOSED OCD''ers!
36.gif

Thanks Tawn...it will be hard...but I know that when I get it back it will be perfect...
30.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Belle....

Honestly...the ring is absolutely stunning....the dent is the only think that was bugging me.

The ring had many stares today on the NYC Buses that I had to take to bring my daughter to school....and it was packed...so that means standing and having to hold on to the pole with MY LEFT HAND..LOL
31.gif
....it sparkled so much...the lady in front of me couldn''t stop looking.

The Center stone is amazing...so clean and white...very happy with it!

Now we just have to wait until SHE comes back from her small stay at REHAB!
40.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Rehab....ha ha ha! Too funny!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Rehab
3.gif
How funny!!!!

I''m so sorry to hear about your ring, atroop...what a bummer
8.gif
I know WF will make it perfect for you but I''m sorry you have to go through this. I guess this is the one difficulty we have with custom rings but once its right it will be sooo very perfect.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies...I know that WF will make this right. The seperation will be harder on me
39.gif
...after waiting so many years for it....I want to have her with me all of the time.
30.gif

It is nice to know that you all have the same confidence in them as I do. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results