shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

My ring is finally here!!!

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by kohdy, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kohdy
    Shiny_Rock

by kohdy » Apr 25, 2007
    Hello everyone! I am relatively new to this forum and I wish I had known about it when I was shopping for my ring way back! In any case, I have been happily married for 4 years now (our 4th anniversary is this Friday) and my DH bought me a new setting for my birthday last month, which I just picked up during lunch today! It has been a very long wait, but I am thrilled with how my ring turned out! Unfortunately the sun is not out today as it is overcast, but I will post some that I have taken so far. I will also post a few more that I will take tonight with my loop at home. Oh, I also got my massage chair delivered today, so it has been a very good day so far!!! [​IMG]

Specs:
    Stone: GIA certified modified square brilliant, D, VS1, No fluorescence or culet, excellent polish, good symmetry
    Setting: Ritani Endless Love with halo in platinum (I believe the melees are G&H in color, but not sure about the clarity. I will have to check my paper... Total ctw I think is around 1/3?)

myritani1.JPG

2. kohdy
    Shiny_Rock

by kohdy » Apr 25, 2007
    Oh, my ring size is 7

myritani2.JPG

3. kohdy
    Shiny_Rock

by kohdy » Apr 25, 2007
    Ah... I love diamonds!

myritani3.JPG

4. kohdy
    Shiny_Rock

by kohdy » Apr 25, 2007
    [​IMG]

myritani4.JPG

5. kohdy
    Shiny_Rock

by kohdy » Apr 25, 2007
    Slightly different angle...

myritani5.JPG

6. kohdy
    Shiny_Rock

by kohdy » Apr 25, 2007
    I really like my new ring!!! Can you tell? [​IMG]

myritani6.JPG

7. kohdy
    Shiny_Rock

by kohdy » Apr 25, 2007
    Here''s my last one for now!!! [​IMG]

myritani7.JPG

8. FireGoddess
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by FireGoddess » Apr 25, 2007
    I knew as soon as I saw the pic it was a Ritani EL setting - seriously, I''m just drooling over here. Those settings are just exquisite and your ring is amazing. GORGEOUS!!!

9. sarahthewarrior
    Shiny_Rock

by sarahthewarrior » Apr 25, 2007
    Oh wow... I love the look of the perfect square! It''s beautiful! Congrats!

10. decodelighted
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by decodelighted » Apr 25, 2007
    GREAT CHOICE!!!! I love it with your super thin polished wedding band too!!! The center stone looks quite large on you & the nail polish color is smashing also.

All in all -- [​IMG]

11. brneyedgrl
    Shiny_Rock

by brneyedgrl » Apr 25, 2007
    Beautiful. My friend has that setting, and it is very nice. :) Your fingers look smaller than 7 too!

Wear it in good health. :) Is that plain band your original wedding band? I ask because I have a platinum band w/out stones, and my only regret is that I did not get a wedding band w/ some stones in it.

12. anchor31
    Ideal_Rock

by anchor31 » Apr 25, 2007
    That is one amazing halo! Congrats on the coming anniversary! [​IMG]

13. door knob solitaire
    Ideal_Rock

by door knob solitaire » Apr 25, 2007
    Hello [​IMG] Kohdy,

Oh I love love love love it!! I really like the simplicity of your band and how it is married to the ering. That design really lends itself to harmony with the band. And...That is one heck of a square boulder you have! The shank is so delicate on your finger. Did I miss it? Did you provide the carat weight? On a size 7 finger the scale is perfect! Great choice!

And I really love the brilliant idea of the photo in the background. You make a beautiful couple! Thanks for sharing!

Please post more photos.[​IMG]

DKS

14. neatfreak
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by neatfreak » Apr 25, 2007
    Kohdy, it''s gorgeous! I also want to know about your WB because I also have an endless love setting and am thinking about going plain with the WB!

Thanks!!!

15. kohdy
    Shiny_Rock

by kohdy » Apr 25, 2007
    Thank you FireGoddess, sarahthewarrior, and decodelighted for your wonderful compliments! I am loving it too!!! [​IMG]

broneyedgrl! You''re going to be my best friend. No one has ever said that my fingers look smaller than 7 because they are monsterous! [​IMG] Yes, the plain band I have in platinum is indeed my wedding band. I used to have this very thick cathedral setting for my original e-ring, so I wanted to go with the thinnest I could find (2mm) so that my entire finger wouldn''t be covered in platinum. [​IMG] I thought about purchasing a matching eternity band from Ritani, but I think it is just a little too much with the setting I have. I may change my mind later, but I am perfectly happy now!!! [​IMG]

16. kohdy
    Shiny_Rock

by kohdy » Apr 25, 2007
    Duh... I guess I forgot to post the most important... The center stone is 1.81ct. [​IMG]

And really... thank you everyone for the sweet compliments! I am digging it!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. brneyedgrl
    Shiny_Rock

by brneyedgrl » Apr 25, 2007
    I know the feeling about not wanting too much meal on your hands. I have an engraved platinum band, but sometimes I just want to see all diamonds. :) Since your band is so thin now, it doesn''t take away from the blingy setting. You could go either way with this and end up with a diamond band down the road.

18. kohdy
    Shiny_Rock

by kohdy » Apr 25, 2007
    Neatfreak! My wedding band was purchased from Facets 5 years ago I believe. It''s a 2mm plain platinum band. I hope this helps. [​IMG]

19. Dee*Jay
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dee*Jay » Apr 25, 2007
    What a beautiful ring! I love square stones in halos and the design on this one is so very pretty!

20. canuk-gal
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by canuk-gal » Apr 25, 2007
    HI:

Holy. Moly. [​IMG] What a beauty!! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

21. lumpkin
    Ideal_Rock

by lumpkin » Apr 25, 2007
    Absolutely stunning. I''ve never seen a square setting like that, it''s very unique and lovely!

22. miss_flo
    Shiny_Rock

by miss_flo » Apr 25, 2007
    I love love love your Ritani, it''s perfect :D

23. whenharrymetsally
    Shiny_Rock

by whenharrymetsally » Apr 25, 2007
    Kohdy! Happy 4th Anniversary!

and congrats on the new ring! Its absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Its stunning!!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

24. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

25. Tacori E-ring
    Super_Ideal_Rock

26. Skippy123
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Skippy123 » Apr 25, 2007
    I think it is gorgeous!!! Congrats on 4 years; what a sweet hubby you have!!! Again, your ring is so beautiful[​IMG][​IMG]

The side very is very cool!

27. diamondfan
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondfan » Apr 25, 2007
    What a stunning ring!

Love it, and you SHOULD be enjoying it...

28. zoebartlett
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by zoebartlett » Apr 25, 2007
    Wow! Beautiful ring Kohdy! I love the picture of you and your husband (I assume) in the background of your ring. The ring is amazing -- definitely one I''d be staring at all day if it was me. [​IMG]

29. KindredSpirit717
    Rough_Rock

by KindredSpirit717 » Apr 25, 2007
    wow i''m really starting to want one of these gorgeous halos!! i think this is one of the first square halos i''ve seen on here, it''s so pretty! the photo in the back ground is such a cute touch, you two are a beautiful couple!! enjoy your amazing ring!!!!

30. Gothgrrl
    Brilliant_Rock

by Gothgrrl » Apr 25, 2007
    I don''t think I have ever seen a square halo. It really is beautiful. It really gives you finger coverage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.