shape
carat
color
clarity

my repaired earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
so on monday night my husband and i are going to *this*...

http://www.zagat.com/promo.aspx?pn=146

...which we''re really looking forward to, being our first Zagat dinner in the US etc. we also thought it might be a cool way to meet some new yorkers, so we thought we''d better put our best foot forward! and this inspired me to finally get one of my pairs of diamond earrings repaired to wear for the occasion. and i''ve attached 2 shots taken this evening...

(NB this is in no way a promotion - this dinner filled up long ago and i am in no way affiliated with Zagat. or the restaurant. or the chef. or anything!)

s_IMG_2390.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and here''s one in my ear...

and thanks to all those who gave me a few clues in the thread on taking photos. the one in my ear was before we read the link - the ones on the mirror were after! you ladies really know your shizzle when it comes to taking diamond shots!!

:D

s_IMG_2379.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Those earrings are lovely, and the dinner sounds amazing - I hope you guys have a fantastic time, you should come back and tell us all about it!!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i had them made for me but, to be honest, amber, i kinda think coati should have them - they''re a pair of ''C''s! now, every time i look at them i''m seeing ''coatimundi''!!

26.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Those are lovely!! The design is interesting, but still delicate.
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those earrings are very beautiful and unique - I really like them!

Enjoy your night out - sounds fun!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those look so perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your taste is exquisite!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous.
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh just sparkly and beautiful.. I like!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous, Whitby! You did a great job with the photos!!!
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
i love those. they''re gorgeous!

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
omg me love!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, those earrings are SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Great avatar too!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
skippy, brown.eyed.girl, MissGotRocks, Bliss, geckodani, ambergretchen, daisi, diamondseeker, SanDiegoLady, dannyandterry, just julia -

thank you for all your kind comments! and diamndseeker - thanks for praising my very marginal photo-taking skills! i tried!

from the time my husband and i came here 6 years ago, we''ve been touched by how thoughtful, kind and warm hearted in particular, that americans are. this site is another example of that. :) i''ll wear my earrings on monday night and think of you all :)

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 8:02:07 PM
Author:whitby_2773

...which we''re really looking forward to, being our first Zagat dinner in the US etc. we also thought it might be a cool way to meet some new yorkers, so we thought we''d better put our best foot forward! and this inspired me to finally get one of my pairs of diamond earrings repaired to wear for the occasion. and i''ve attached 2 shots taken this evening...

(NB this is in no way a promotion - this dinner filled up long ago and i am in no way affiliated with Zagat. or the restaurant. or the chef. or anything!)

They are beautiful! So you are coming to my part of the country! I''m in Manhattan! Have a fabulous time and remember New Yorkers are very friendly (don''t listen to those rumors that say we aren''t
35.gif
)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love how different they are!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:52:02 PM
Author: atroop711

They are beautiful! So you are coming to my part of the country! I''m in Manhattan! Have a fabulous time and remember New Yorkers are very friendly (don''t listen to those rumors that say we aren''t
35.gif
)

i love new yorkers, annette! we live in westchester county, and tim, my husband, works on wall street. and we''ve found americans in general, including new yorkers, to be warm and friendly and interested and helpful. there''s always exceptions, of course, but, as two displaced australians, we''ll always be grateful that we live here.

:)

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:24:24 PM
Author: whitby_2773
Date: 3/7/2009 10:52:02 PM

Author: atroop711

35.gif
)

i love new yorkers, annette! we live in westchester county, and tim, my husband, works on wall street. and we''ve found americans in general, including new yorkers, to be warm and friendly and interested and helpful. there''s always exceptions, of course, but, as two displaced australians, we''ll always be grateful that we live here.

:)

Whitby..My best friend lives up in Westchester country (Scarsdale). I''ve seen so many great places in West. County to live. Yes I agree for the most part NYers are friendly and helpful but YES we find those who are exceptions. There are a handful of Australian families in my daughters school. I have to tell you (and I''m not just saying this) every Australian that I''ve met over the years have all been so very nice. The sad thing is 4 out of the 5 families that I was friends with, all moved back to Australia
8.gif
. I''m just glad I was able to get to know them while they were here. Enjoy your dinner in the city. Looks like it''s going to be a fabulous meal and evening! Maybe one day while you''re walking down the streets of the city, we will bump into each other!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how beautifully unique! Love them, really.
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
Those earrings are gorgeous! I''ve never seen anything like them before, but I love
30.gif
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh whitby, I love those earrings! Gorgeous, different, graceful..... They''re beautiful!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
atroop, princessplease, lorelei, ellen, icekid and gemgirl -

thank you so much for your kind comments! and annette - especially thank you for your comments about Australians. the love affair is mutual :)

having had these made from scratch, i was lucky in being able to choose the stones myself, so they''re a very nice quality. i have a good quality pair of 1.5ctw studs, too, which are ideal cut, ex/ex pol/symm, G SI1. they''re very nice stones, and i can tell you, the little guys in *these* ones above are nicer. they have a great deal of sparkle and are quite eye catching.

i''m planning on 6 more pieces between now and the end of next year - and then i''m done. i started with a list a few years ago of what i wanted and didnt have, and have been working my way through since. but when i turn 50 next year, it''s time to say ''enough''! i''ll look forward to showing pics of each new piece as i get it done; luckily it''s my 25th wedding anniversary this year as well as my 50th birthday next year - so i figure that warrants a few special pieces, surely...??! :D

annette, i put my picture up in the ''pricescope cafe'' - Hangout; i''m on page 33, sandwiched in between a lot of gorgeous looking women; i mention this so you''ll know what to look out for on the streets of Manhattan should we ever run into each other outside one of 49th street''s famous jewelry haunts! (and yes, scarsdale is lovely! i often go to the flower shop there as i''m often in scarsdale seeing my dentist
7.gif
)

i hope you''re all enjoying your weekend :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 7:24:08 PM
Author: whitby_2773

i'm planning on 6 more pieces between now and the end of next year - and then i'm done. i started with a list a few years ago of what i wanted and didnt have, and have been working my way through since. but when i turn 50 next year, it's time to say 'enough'! i'll look forward to showing pics of each new piece as i get it done; luckily it's my 25th wedding anniversary this year as well as my 50th birthday next year - so i figure that warrants a few special pieces, surely...??! :D
6.gif
Blasphemous!!

You better watch it, they'll take your PS membership card for saying such things.
2.gif

p.s. I just adore that mirror shot.
30.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
lol ellen!

my birth stone is pearl, and i have a large and deep collection. so now that pricescope has a pearl forum...well...let''s just say it''ll take me a while to get through all of those!

31.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty earrings!

Lucky birthstone too--I am jealous! Can't wait to see your pearls!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful...love them!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are so pretty! I love the scroll design and they look great on you!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous! Enjoy your dinner, I''ll bet it will be fab!
1.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results