shape
carat
color
clarity

My re-vamped Leon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! I''m so glad it worked out for you. It is stunning! I think Leon would approve.
30.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Popcorn!

Neatfreak, Shhhhh... this''ll be my secret with all my fellow PS''ers!
3.gif

Luvmyhalo, thanks for the compliment and coming back to look! Yes, I had the work done at Sixty East in Pasadena. The cost, including tax, was around $380. I didn''t shop around but I think that''s pretty reasonable. Talk to Marcus, I believe he''s the manager. I don''t know who the benchman is but Marcus said he''s been there for over 17 years.

Arjunajane, yeah, I don''t care that it''s bastardized cuz I love it! If this hadn''t turned out the way it did, I was seriously considering the WF setting you have!

GoodSoul, you''re welcome, I''m glad my misstep helped you! Can''t wait to see your Leon in early December!

Thanks, Swingirl. I like this height much better too and am glad you can''t tell the difference.

Edl, LOL! Yeah, I''m glad the claw prongs turned out pretty nice. The jeweler is Sixty East in Pasadena, CA. I don''t know if its pave work can rival Leon''s but I think Sixty East''s claw prongs can give him a run for his money!

Thanks, Kittybean. I was really bummed before and am SO much happier now! I hope things are going well for you on the job front.

Joflier, thank you! I do think it''s at at the right level now.

Aww, thanks, Phoenix! I love your new avatar. I''m blinded by your bling! Are you going to re-set your ring? I''ll try to post some more handshots.

Vespergirl, thanks! I''m a convert to the higher setting now. That extra 1.5mm height made a HUGE difference to me!

Ckrickett, thanks for the compliment on my stone!

Girlie-girl, you ROCK!!! Thanks for doing the before and after pics for me. Did you use photoshop? I need a tutorial!

Thanks, Mrsv! I, too, am glad that the jeweler did such a nice job of incorporating the new head.

Inanna, thank you! I think I''m still a fan of low settings but not in a prong style solitaire. Maybe in a bezel...

Thanks, MMT, I did finally get the ring of my dreams.

Laurel, I''m glad you love it! The stone does pop a lot more now.

Thanks for dropping in, Skippy!!! LOVE your new holiday avatar! So cute! I enjoy your posts too. Sadly, I haven''t been keeping up with HLT but will come back soon!

Thanks, Monarch!

Beecheezz, thank you! I do think it looks much better too.

Dragonfly! Thank you, sweetie!

I''m happy dancing too, Geckodani! I''m glad we both ended up with rings we love!

Poshpepper, thanks, I think my jeweler did a fantastic job too.

Lesco, thank you! I appreciated your support in my previous thread.

Thanks, goobear! We won''t tell Leon, in case he won''t approve! LOL!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hi Panda! I think it looks fantastic! Your jeweler did an amazing job, and I''m so glad you are happy! YAY!!
36.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the info Panda! I''m so excited that you found a jeweler that can do beautiful prongs!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I love it Panda! Really beautiful and elegant!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I like the new look.

Why does Leon like "low as possible" ?

He is setting my stone now and I remember that was one of the questions he had on his questionaire.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
looks amazing - great job!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I like the new head much better!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Panda, it looks beautiful!! The original setting was very nice, but this new one looks even better. And I think it compliments the diamond so well! Your jeweler must be awesome and you can''t even tell that setting was altered! Great job!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your jeweler did a fantastic job!
36.gif

As long as you''re happy, who cares?!! It looks great panda, you did good!
16.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Panda, I wish I could say I used my Photoshop skills to do your before and afters... but alas this time all I did was drag them from your other post and drop them into mine.
12.gif
Thanks for the kind words though, I'd be happy to give some Photoshop pointers if you ever need assistance.
2.gif

Bebe I think Leon must be getting enough requests for low set stones, that he's decided to ask about it up front.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I need your jeweler! Those claw prongs look great! Also I love lower profiles but agree your ring looks much better higher. Looks less...stumpy?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
The jeweler did a fantastic job with your ring. Elevating the head makes this ring look perfect on your hand. I am glad you got what you wanted and can now wear your Leon with happiness!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, Coati, iluvcarats, mommy2iz, Italiahaircolor, flowerladytoo, Ellen and Onedrop!

You''re very welcome, Luvmyhalo!

Bebe, I''m not sure why Leon likes low as possible. I think I read someone say that he thinks it makes the diamond look bigger, though most people seem to think the opposite.

Moon, thanks! I am glad it looks less stumpy!!!

Phoenix, here are a couple more hand shots for you:

IMG_2831.jpg

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
another

IMG_2857.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great! Never say never, huh? I must admit the first time around I couldn''t understand exactly why it didn''t suit you but I can certainly see now from the before and after pics. It does look better and certainly showcases the stone better.

So glad you were able to have a happy ending! Enjoy!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Panda, thank you for the compliment and the extra handshots. Your ring is sooooo drool-worthy!!
30.gif
30.gif

I think a cushion ring in an elegant setting such as yours is definitely on my wish list, he he!!
11.gif
9.gif
. I used to think the micropave HW is *the* ring to go for, but I've changed my mind, after seeing yours
30.gif
30.gif

(Btw, what are the specs on yr stone again? It's so amazingly beautifully white and the cut is amazing. I am guessing it's a cushion brilliant, D or E in colour, VS-VVS clarity?)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Loved it before, still love it! It turned out really really well. Gorgeous!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I love the new head a whole lot better. I think it does look more balanced now and shows off your stone much more.

Sometimes I like the low heads Leon does but not always. In this case I think you did absolutely the right thing.

Congratulations!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks, Miscka and Angeline, thank you! The basket was raised only about 1.5mm but it made world of a difference. My FI likes this version much better too!

Hi Phoenix! Thank you, my ring's blushing! The diamond is a 8 pavillion, cushion brilliant. I'm flattered that you think the stone is D or E, VVS or VS. It's actually a G, SI2! The rest of the stats are: 1.52 carats, 7.35 x 6.64 x 4.24, Depth: 63.9%, Table: 58%, Girdle: Thin to slightly thick, faceted, Culet: large, Polish: VG, Symmetry: G, Flour: None.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Panda, I was wondering what happened with you and your ring. I am so glad to hear you have fixed it up to your satisfaction. Although it was a beauty before, the new setting shows off the stone much better and it is perfect. Your jeweller should be commended !
Your gut feeling was so right and it is wonderful that you were able to resolve the issue so quickly. Wear it well!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I love your high setting so much better! Though the craftsmanship of Leon''s setting was unquestionably excellent, the new setting shows off your beautiful diamond so much better!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning and I think your jeweler did a fabulous job on the new head. I don''t see any indication that it had any work done!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t say bastardized, say "Enhanced"! The new head looks ten times better. You know, even a genius like Leon can have an off day. I so like the new look better.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks fab!! Delighted that you''re in love with it now.

clop

Shiny_Rock
Your jeweler did an awesome job! Your initial setting was so nice, I didn''t think it could be improved, but this is the perfect height. Congrats on your perfect ring!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Spirit! Thanks for checking back in with me and for your compliments on my new setting. I really appreciated your kind comments when I was wondering what to do about the original ering.

Thanks, Zhu, kcoursolle, bee and clop! Your compliments mean a lot to me!

NEU, LOL! Yes, I stand corrected. It should be enhanced instead of bastardized!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
You are so welcome, Panda. I am happy that anything I said was able to give you some comfort at a time when you were so frustrated. I would react exactly the same as you , and I have been there at some points in the past!
I am just so glad you didn''t stress for years about it just out of fear of speaking up. Much better that you had a problem, addressed it, and dealt with it. Now look at the results! Your ring will be inspiration for many others here on PS. Wear it in good health !

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Panda -- I'm so glad you posted these pics. I know firsthand how awful it is to feel dissatisfied with the results of a custom project. Your Leon is one of my favorite styles (it's what I just had made through another jeweler), but I could understand why you didn't like the height of the head. This new head looks like it's always been there. It flows beautifully and really shows off your amazing stone! Huge congratulations! I know how great it feels to finally get it right!!

ThePinkSuperhero

Rough_Rock
I love your ring! I saw your original post first and thought, wow, that ring is perfection, and then I saw the re-vamp, and now I think, NO, THAT''S the perfect ring!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results