shape
carat
color
clarity

My re-vamped Leon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you may remember, I had Leon make my solitaire in September: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-cushion-cut-leon-solitaire-to-call-my-own.96513/.

I thought I was going to have to bite the bullet and buy a whole new setting, until I happened to drop into a local jeweler I had walked by many times before and asked if I could change the head so that I could salvage the ring. He said he could and emailed me CAD images of what it would look like. I waffled because Leon had told me that the head could not be replaced and because I wondered whether the jeweler could replicate Leon's delicate claw prongs. But the jeweler assured me that it was doable so with some trepidation, I okayed the job. I got to hold onto my ring while the head was made, which took a week. The jeweler was able to replace the head and reset my diamond in half a day so I didn't have to go long without my ring.

When I went to pick it up, I took a deep breath and hoped for the best. I was SO relieved when the jeweler showed me my revamped ring. It was EXACTLY what I wanted. Finally, my ering has the proportions I want, the visual balance I'm looking for. The higher basket shows off my cushion nicely and I'm loving the new profile. The claw prongs are dainty, similar to Leon's. Okay, I bastardized my Leon but I'm so happy I did
9.gif
I absolutely heart my ering now!

Here are some pics. I don't know how to do a side by side "before" and "after" comparison with the pics from my first thread. If someone can help me out, I'd appreciate it!

v2.01.jpg

panda08

Brilliant_Rock

v2.02.jpg

panda08

Brilliant_Rock

v2.03.jpg

panda08

Brilliant_Rock

v2.04.jpg

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Last one!

v2.05.jpg

anyname

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad to hear that you got your ring to look exactly the way you want it to. It is beautiful!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol, don''t let Leon know you bastardized his ring!!! But really, it looks great, and I am so so happy that YOU are in love with your ring! That is the way it should be.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
It looks fantastic! I''m so glad it all worked out for you. Woohoooooo!!!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy you're happy Panda - who cares if its been bastardized,
5.gif
as long as you love it !

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy that you are now in love with your ring! The new head looks wonderful!

In the other thread, you reminded me about Leon''s setting being low. Thanks to you, I specifically asked Leon to make a medium height head and not to set too low. I won''t receive it till early Dec and therefore not sure how it''ll turn out. My fingers are crossed!

Congratulations that all turns out well and enjoy your *new* setting in good health!
emsmile.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It looks great. I like it set at this height and I can''t tell the difference between the two. Glad you are happy with your ring.

edl

Shiny_Rock
Panda, good choice! I like the new head more than the original - much better symmetry and balance. And those claw prongs look hot!

So, are you gonna let everyone know who your local jeweler is? We''ll call him "Leon Jr." for now.
9.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you love your ring now--I could tell you were really bummed in your previous posts. I like how it looks now! Either way, it''s an absolutely beautiful ring.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks just right at that level!!! Very nice!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say, I love this much better than the original head. It was a tad too low for my taste (my ring currently sits too low too, because I also made the mistake of telling my jeweller to set it "as low as possible"). Seeing yr new setting has convinced me that that's the way to way.

GORGEOUS ring, GORGEOUS stone!!
30.gif
30.gif

More handshots, please?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous! I have to say, I am a fan of higher-set diamonds. I think that it really makes the stone pop and look bigger. It looks great!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
very pretty! and you have a GORGEOUS stone!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I love really low set stones, but have to agree I like the rework a bit better with your particular ring. I'm happy to hear you're finally loving it!

Here are the before and afters you requested.

Before:

ering2471.jpg

After:

v2.01.jpg

Before:

ering2428.jpg

After:

v2.03.jpg

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I could not tell that anything had been done to the ring. Your jeweler did in amazing job of incorporating the new head into your ring. Very Good!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
The local jeweler really did an amazing job! I''m so happy for you. Although I''m usually a fan of extremely low settings I have to agree with everyone else that the re-vamp looks much much better. Congratulations!!!!
36.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy you finally got the ring of your dreams. I think it looks really gorgeous in the higher setting.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! The proportions look just ring now and it really makes your stone pop a lot more! I''m glad you love your ring now!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 10:16:08 AM
Author: mrsv
Wow I could not tell that anything had been done to the ring. Your jeweler did in amazing job of incorporating the new head into your ring. Very Good!
I agree! I am so HAPPY for you Panda; you are such a sweetie pie and I thoroughly enjoy your posts happy go lucky posts that when I saw your dilemma my heart broke for you. I am so glad it is fixed to how you love it!!! I love the higher setting too; it is gorgeous!!! Many congrats friend!!! Gorgeous ring and stone
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! Congrats!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I really, really like your re-do! It does look much better IMO! Nice Job to the jeweler! I am so glad you are happy now!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Panda - your ring is beautifuL!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! It looks great Panda! And more importantly - You''re happy!
36.gif
Happy dancing for you and your lovely ring!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow your jeweler did a fantastic job! It looks like it came that way originally.
Looks great!!! Im glad you are happy with your ring, as we should all be.
1.gif

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo! Good for you Panda. I''m glad you like your ring now. I like the "bastardized" version better too!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I had to come back and take a look at the before & after shots. It looks so much better!

I saw in another thread that you were talking about Sixty East Jewelers in Pasadena. I live in the area and have been looking for a good jeweler to do some work on my e-ring. Can you share how much he charged you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results