shape
carat
color
clarity

My re-set! 4.9 cttw 3-stone antique cushion ring, by Mark T and CVB

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, PSers! :geek2: This thread is a bit overdue since I've had this ring for almost 2 months now. Sorry for going overboard on the pictures/videos but I'm just thrilled with this re-set! :kiss2:

BACKSTORY:
Since 2016 or 2017 I'd been feeling the urge to re-set my halo'd old mine cushion into a 3-stone. After going back and forth with myself on side stone shapes -- I considered frenchies, OECs, half moons, Peruzzis, rose cuts, even briolettes -- I finally settled on old mine-cut cushions to match my center stone. I adore the kozibe effect and can't get enough of it!

I knew I wanted the stones set in Caysie's glorious Maria design, but with a few tweaks to make it mine. We started talking about it in November 2018. It was our first time working together and we got along great! Caysie was really adept at understanding my ideas, advising and answering questions, and translating my ideas into CAD form.

As for the side stones, it took a loooong time to source a matching pair of antique cushions! We approached just about every vendor you'd think of but matching pairs are so hard to find. We even considered asking Yoram to cut a pair for me but sadly that was outside my budget. It turns out that Mark Turnowski (who sourced my center stone back in 2012) came through with an absolutely beautiful matching pair of true antique cushions at a fair price. I hadn't thought of Mark as someone who'd be tapped into the antique stone market but he's been in the diamond biz forever and knows everyone, so it makes sense he was able to deliver!

I sent the stones to Caysie at end of April and received the finished ring about 2 months later, but noticed that the prongs weren't quite as sculpted-looking as I was hoping. I shipped it back to her in early August for the prong tweaks, got it back about 4 weeks later, and...it was PERFECT.

SPECS:
Center stone:
I VS1 3.14ct
Modern stone cut in antique/old mine cushion style (2010 GIA report calls it an Old Mine Brilliant) - sourced by Mark T of Brilliantly Engaged
9.44 x 8.04 x 5.58mm

Side stones:
H-color, 0.88 ct each, one is VS1, other is SI1
Old mine cut cushions (true antiques) - both sourced by Mark T of Brilliantly Engaged
5.80 x 5.47x 3.72mm
6.01 x 5.47 x 3.67mm (yes, they're slightly different sizes but you can't tell unless you're *really* looking hard!)
For those interested, the diameter ratio of side stones to center is 65.1%.

Setting:
Modified "Maria" by Caysie van Bebber
I requested that the stones look somewhat *separated* as opposed to a seamless wall of bling.
Platinum prongs
18k yellow gold triple wire shank

Ring size:
Size 5 with sizing pads (fits like a 4.75)
My finger size is 3.75 in cool weather, 4.75 in warm weather :roll2:

PHOTOS AND VIDEOS:
Now for the shameless avalanche of photos/videos! Aside from some cropping, none of these photos have been filtered or edited. The diamonds may not be 100% clean in every shot (doh!), but you'll get the gist. I tried to capture the ring in various lighting conditions. First up are detailed shots of the ring on its own. Then you'll see shots of the various stacks I like to wear. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg

Stay tuned! More photos and some videos to follow..... :)

shicara

Rough_Rock
Absolutely beautiful !!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is glorious! It was quite glorious before as well! But it’s simply divine so I’m not mad at you for changing her dress. Lol.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I really want to see the side shots - not waiting to reply.
Best In Show.

:swoon:
Dang, it’s perfection.:love:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now here are the various stacks that I've been enjoying! I'm attempting to attach both images and videos...

I wear this one most frequently:
12.jpg

And here's a video of this stack in action:

I wear this combo pretty often too:
14.jpg

I like this simple look with a single yellow gold band, but the band gets lost under the stones. Because my cushions are elongated, it's hard to achieve a gap (which is my preference) with a wedding band because the center stone is long and hangs over any adjacent bands.

17.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So beautiful! :o:kiss2:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowzas! Gorgeous ring, I lovvvvvved your halo but this is stunningly beautiful. Those side stones are perfect and it is just huge! Mmmmmm

Ps love your stacking combos

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh hello there beautiful :kiss2:

Welcome back to threestones @KristyDarling :cool2::geek2:
Those stones are fabulous together and HUGE on you and I LOVE the setting!!!

Edit - Love this stack especially :love:

1571856345344.png

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once I catch my breath and get over my envy :kiss2:;)2...ok there, I think I’ve pulled it together. Holly F***ing Grail! Spectacular chunks of fire in a perfect setting. Bravissimo!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It's a work of art! And my goodness you have plenty of stacking options! Wow - just absolutely beautiful!

luxe

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! I can’t imagine getting to stare at that all day :kiss2: All the stacks are beautiful!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunnng! just absoutely stunning... :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally - I feel like I've been waiting a long time to see that ring but it was worth it!! It is just gorgeous and you've got many band variations to change it up. I am still a sucker for that plain gold band or that plain gold band and the other gold band beneath it. I know the band gets swallowed a bit but you can still see that there is a wedding band. I like that look better than the prong set bands but the French cut band is perfect with it too!

It is just glorious and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks for so many pictures and videos - you know we love them!!

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous is such an understatement for this amazing piece! It looks amazing set in that warm gold and totally divine paired up with your bands!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Kristy!!!! That's fantastic! This is three stone perfection! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: Beautiful diamonds and Caysie just did her usual magic!

Your side stones are gorgeous and are perfect for your center stone! I am curious, though, if Mark meant they are branded "True Antique" cushions since he used those words. Leon Mege has them on his site, and I know from years ago Mark and Leon were sourcing those antique style cushion cut stones from the same place. So it just made me wonder. If they are antiques, he needs to call them something else! :lol: You know I love newly cut antique style stones and antique diamonds, so one is not "better" than the other. What matters in this case is that you have 3 beautiful well matched stones regardless of age!

The whole reason I have not reset my AVR after 6+ years is that I waver between an antique style solitaire with tri-wire shank and shoulder petals OR a three stone! Caysie does both so well and it is really hard to choose just one! Yours really might tip me back over to the 3-stone side!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! What a gorgeous ring! It is not often that a ring stuns me but boy yours is a stunner, Kristy! I am not even much of a three stone person but I can't get enough of your pictures. The sparkles coming off those stones are mesmerizing.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Just love to OD on old cuts....absolutely scrumptious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results