shape
carat
color
clarity

My quest for the right Asscher after years

I’ve been married almost 26 years and never had an “official” e-ring so I’ve switched out shapes and styles a bunch over the years. My favorite have always been step cuts, but I’m partial to chubby square ones and knew it would take a bigger one to to meet my visual preference.

Last Nov I upgraded by 3ct pear shaped ring for a round set in a halo and it wasn’t my favorite, so I told my jeweler to let me know if she comes across a chubby Asscher because I might get a wild hair and go for it once and for all. Well a few days later a woman getting divorced sold her 4ct Asscher and my quest came to an end! Here is the final ring after creating a mounting I loveand I’m super excited to share it with all of you!

Center stone: 4.03 I VS1
Has 2 baguettes and 1 bullet on each side. Total weight is 5.20.

2EC21EFC-4049-4276-A904-E220D9553C7D.jpeg

Here’s the original mounting. I loved the bullets so kept those for the new design.

D2B8EF0E-5E69-490B-927F-6C9C09662911.jpeg

Four of the most recent iterations of my e-ring. I’ve literally changed shapes and styles at least 12 times so it was time to finally commit!

44C1C4E3-4244-4C7F-BD4F-70245C2CC637.jpeg

Happy to join the step-cut lover club!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about good timing on the asscher! Very nice...its a whole lot of bling but looks like you are used to that!

Congrats on finding your new "official" ering!!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
What an incredible ring! Well you may not have started with an official e'ring but you've most definitely made up for lost time! Congratulations on finding a stone and setting that you love! :appl:Your bands are gorgeous as well!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on finally finding your 'it' stone! I hope you love wearing it every day!

Admittedly it ended up looking a little bigger than I imagined but I do like the e-ring looking bigger than bands and being the main attraction. =)2
Talk about good timing on the asscher! Very nice...its a whole lot of bling but looks like you are used to that!

Congrats on finding your new "official" ering!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Wow! Wow! This is beyond gorgeous!! Stone and setting are a superb match! So elegant! I dream of trading up my round for 4 carat step-cut... maybe one day...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty (& huge!) diamond! I love the bullets too & I'm glad you kept them.

Congratulations!

What an incredible ring! Well you may not have started with an official e'ring but you've most definitely made up for lost time! Congratulations on finding a stone and setting that you love! :appl:Your bands are gorgeous as well!

Thank you! The bands were impulse-buys from Etsy. :saint:

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful. Congratulations on finding your happily ever after stone.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You like them BIG! Congratulations!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just seeing this thread for the first time, after you shared a couple pics in a completely unrelated RT thread... Your rings are ALL glorious!! And huge!! :love: :cool2:

Congratulations on choosing (I laughed at “committing”) to their finally-final homes!! :appl:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I need sunglasses, that’s so much blingy goodness - congratulations!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
oh my GAWD it's so HUGE!!!!!!! what a beauty!! thanks for sharing !

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Well hello wall of diamonds!!!!
Please excuse me while I faint....

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beauty of an asscher! I love the wall of diamonds and the profile of your rings as it is, but if you ever decide you need a switch CVB Inspired Design is who made the ring for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results