carat
color
clarity

My puppy is gone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He had epilepsy.

He was on drugs for it, but during his checkups they found no underlying issues. He started seizing suddenly around 5am yesterday and didn't stop - he didn't even make it to the emergency clinic. I just found out.

He was six, we got him from an overcrowded rescue at 5 wks.

My parents are heartbroken. I'm - I don't know. Sad, guilty for all the times I didn't just get up and play with him, and all the photos I should've taken. Baffled, because he was our only pet with chronic issues, but in all my nightmares of losing one of our three cats I never once dreamt of losing him so soon. Angry, because mutts are supposed to be healthier...

Well, at least I can still take comfort in knowing that my parents spoilt him rotten after I moved away - he had the best life with them that any dog could've asked for.

I... just don't know. Every part of me is hoping that he wasn't scared or hurting on his way out, and that he knew that his family was there.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, my goodness Yssie...I don't know what to say except that I am so sorry and that I know he knew and felt how much you and your parents loved him :((

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yssie, what a sad thing! My heart goes out to you & your parents. It's shattering when something like that happens. I'm sure he knew they were there. Even more important, he knew he was loved throughout his life -- most shelter dogs never get that gift & your family gave it to him.

I believe that, wherever we go when we leave the package in which we existed here, we take along the love given to us and by us, like in a little suitcase. It is our money in the universal bank. Your pup will be rich indeed. Real unconditional love is made of very strong stuff, and once created, can never be wiped out, ever. I think it lives always, bonding those who shared it inextricably. He's on the other end of the tether that you share, touching you, waiting for you.

--- Laurie

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear your news. I am sending you and yours hugs!!! I will be thinking of you.

Susan xxx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Yssie, I am so very sorry! My heart goes out to you and your family. I know how devastating losing a beloved family member is and you are in my thoughts.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh Yssie, I am so very sorry. He knows he was loved. My heart goes out to you and your parents. I am so sorry for your loss.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Yssie, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your puppy. I know how devastating the loss of a beloved pet can be. Big hugs are coming your way.

Hugs,
MDS

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Yssie, hun I'm so, so terribly sorry about your puppy. My heart goes out to you and your family, what a sad day. Big big big hugs.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry :(

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Yssie, that is so sad. So sorry you lost your pup in this way. I am glad you rescued him and gave him a good life. He was blessed.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Yssie, I am so very sorry! {{{{hugs}}}.

We just found out that our 8 year old bulldog has lymphoma and won't be around much longer, so I can imagine how you feel. :((

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh Yssie, I am so, so sorry. I definitely understand how hard it is to care for a dog with a chronic, fatal condition (unfortunately). I have no doubt he knew how much you all loved him.

DS, I'm aslo sorry to hear about your bulldog. I never knew how heartbreaking owning a very sick dog could be until relatively recently.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry Yssie! It's so hard..why do we have to love our pets so much??

I'm sorry about your bulldog, DS. :((

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie, that's just awful - I'm really sorry. You guys rescued him from a shelter, and gave him a wonderful life, and there's nothing anybody could have done ... and none of that ever makes it easier. I am really terribly sorry for your loss.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry, Yssie. It's always unexpected and too soon when a beloved pet dies. You and your family did a wonderful thing when you rescued him, and he had six happy years that he wouldn't have had if you hadn't taken him in. My sincere condolences.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yssie - I am so terribly sorry! That is gut wrenching. I'm sure that he had the happiest life possible with you and with your parents, and that he knew you all loved him fiercely. I'm also sure he knew that he was with loved ones as he went. It is terrible to have things out of our control. Know though that he will be peaceful now. (((HUGS)))

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Yssie. Let it be consolation that he had a good life, even though it was a bit short. He was loved and well taken care of.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear this. . . :blackeye:

Hugs to you and your parents.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1304428612|2910979 said:
Oh, Yssie, I am so very sorry! {{{{hugs}}}.

We just found out that our 8 year old bulldog has lymphoma and won't be around much longer, so I can imagine how you feel. :((

I am so sorry about your dear bulldog diamondseeker. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yssie I am so sorry to hear this. **hugs** to you and your family.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
So sorry :blackeye: .

He's in a better place for sure, over the Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Aww, so sorry for the loss of your puppy.

Hugs.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry, yssie. How wonderful that you adopted a "special needs" dog. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved. It's so difficult to lose a pet, no matter what the circumstances; take care of yourself today -- thinking of you.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear this, Yssie.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet, Yssie.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. :((

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie, I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yssie im so so sorry ;( i dont know what to say, you must be so heartbroken. Im thinking of you, and i really believe your little one felt loved...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is heartbreaking.
Dogs nuzzle their way deeply into our hearts.

Hugs to you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double post. :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results