shape
carat
color
clarity

My puppy is gone.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie - sorry about the loss of your doggy. Hugs!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry, Yssie. My heart goes out to you and your family. I'm sure he knew how loved he was.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way. :((

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I'm soooooooooooo sorry to hear that. I don't even know how I will feel if that happened to mine. But sounded like he had a great life and I hope you will feel better soon! :((

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry Yssie. Hugs. ;(

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry. I can't say anymore or I will start crying. I have no boundaries. I pray for your comfort.

Love,
Deb

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss, yssie. We have never owned a dog, but have always had a kitty and I know only too well the pain of losing a fur baby. :((

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry, sweetie. *hug*

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Yssie...I feel your pain and I'm so sorry :(

I lost my bunny in a similar situation 3 weeks ago and all I could keep thinking for a while was if he was hurting on his way out.

So sorry about this...losing a pet is so tough.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Ah so sorry for your little puppy! ;(

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I am so very sorry for your loss, Yssie. Sending you much love and hugs during this very difficult time.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry hon.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, I am so very sorry. I lost my doggie a few months ago and know how painful and sad it is. My neighbor said to me recently "your dog was pure love". and I believe that's true of all pets...they love us unconditionally, and I believe they know they were loved in return. Hugs to you, this is just so hard.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
RIP puppy.

MoZo

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so, so sorry to hear this Yssie.

DS -- hugs to you too. I'm sorry for your loss.

It's so hard losing a pet, no matter what age he/she is.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Yssie. :(

Yes, mutts are supposed to be healthier, but sometimes life doesn't quite work out that way.I know to some it might sound silly, but I firmly believe that he has now gone to a better place where he is healthy and running around chasing butterflies. Please take solace in knowing that your doggie knew he was very loved by all of you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to thank all of you who offered thoughts and prayers for our bulldog, Petey. This is just the most caring group and I am sincerely touched by your comments to me and to Yssie.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Aww, hon, im so sorry. I know how painful losing a pet is, so take care of yourself and let yourself grieve. My dog suffered from epilepsy, and I hated seeing his pain, knowing he wasn't suffering anymore made me feel better.

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock
Your post made me cry. Nothing can describe the love between a dog and their owner. It's pure and beautiful, and without boundaries. I offer you hugs during this difficult time, and hope your puppy rests in eternal peace.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much. Your words mean - more than I can say.

It's the first time that I've unexpectedly lost a pet like this, and it's not one that I care to ever repeat. It's been a rough couple of days, but I'm not crying every few hours any more - progress, right?

There's a puppy nearby that will need to be rehomed in a few weeks (family is apparently moving and needs to get rid of the litter they found - out of season, too). My parents are thinking of speaking for him - it's way too soon, right now, but they know they'll want another dog and news of this little guy kinda fell into their laps.. issue to be revisited in a couple of weeks.

He'll obviously be their dog, though. Kodi was *my* birthday gift - I'd wanted a dog since I was a kid. I saw him every weekend, I slept in my sleeping bag with him when we first brought him home, I took him to his training.. I'll miss all of that with the new dog, which is so disappointing. David and I aren't nearly ready for a dog of our own, so it'll be a few years yet until "I" have a dog again.. though I'm sure this one will get plenty of treats and cuddles anyway!

Kodi was the runt of a litter of four, we were told he was seven weeks when we brought him home but in his first checkup the vet though he was closer to four, maybe five weeks. He was SO shy, and absolutely terrified of their cat (admittedly, the cat had a remarkable interest in keeping him in his place...) - one of my favourite memories is of introducing them face to face for the first time: I was holding the cat and letting him sniff, and this puppy that had known me for all of - twelve hours, at that point? - apparently found safety in running behind me and burrowing under my sweater. Things that make you go "awwww" ::)

He started having these - fits - in '08, I believe. At first they were months and months apart and only lasted for a few seconds, and we figured he'd just eaten something bad. Then they started coming closer together, despite the drugs, and they started lasting for thirty seconds, a minute, two minutes.. The vet said there was nothing anyone could've done, which was - honestly, incredibly reassuring.

DS - I'm so sorry. Your post has me in tears again. Somehow I think the time Petey has left will be the best of his life.. which is something I know will give you immense comfort later. I'm sending lots of extra scritches his way!

NEL - I know. I followed your threads with pounding heart and crossed fingers.. I was so glad to read he's feeling better, and I hope he stays that way for a long, long time. You are a wonderful owner, truly, Byron is lucky to have you!

AN - I asked the vet about that specifically - I just couldn't stop myself. Apparently animals really just don't understand, and they don't remember - so it's unlikely that Kodi, or your bunny, were scared of what was going to happen, or knew to be scared while it was happening. And apparently seizures deaden consciousness so there's no pain during... I don't know if that makes you feel any better, but there it is. ::HUGS::

June - I remember :(sad Do you think you'll get another?

Charbie - Yeah. Epilepsy is hard. Kodi wasn't usually able to walk straight or keep food down for a couple of hours afterward, so.. needless to say the three of us didn't go on many long vacations together, we were all so scared of leaving him with a pet sitter, and a kennel was just out of the question! It hurt to watch him struggle - there's a very big part of me that is glad he doesn't have to deal with all of that anymore, wherever he is. Which is hopefully somewhere where he can eat and play in the dirty laundry all day!

I was looking through pics this morning, I thought I'd post a couple:

K-1.jpg
K-2.jpg
K-3.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yssie, what a sweetie...I have tears in my eyes now, it's just so hard to lose a beloved pet.

And thank you for remembering my precious boy...I'm still not over it, I miss him so much. Honestly, I don't think I'll get another dog. I just don't think I want to go through such a painful experience again. I'd be in my 60's...I just don't think I have it in me. And I stay at my mother's 3 or 4 days a week anyway right now, so it isn't a good time for me to have a dog. But many people do get dogs shortly after, and it brings them great comfort.

Hugs to you yssie, and to your parents too...amazing how these furbabies get hold of our hearts.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yssie - He was a handsome boy! I love that last picture. More hugs your way!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks june and dragonfly.

I've been avoiding this thread :sick: Sorry for not responding sooner, though. june - I understand! My uncle's dog died a long time ago, and they just never got around to getting another one - first it hurt too much, later it was too inconvenient, now they're sending their oldest off to college in a few years and want the freedom to move around a bit. Not the same type of situation obviously, but - circumstances change. I hope things with your mum are okay these days!

dragonfly - he was one of those few animals that - um. got more attractive as he aged. When we got him he was this formless, shapeless blob with a tail that looked like a twig glued on - and I remember *trying* to find him cute and pretty, because you're supposed to think all puppies are cute and pretty, but the closest I ever got was adorably misshapen ::) He grew into it though, fortunately.

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
I just read this and it broke my heart. I've had two dogs with horrible health issues and it was sooo heartbreaking because they are so innocent and sweet and they look up at you so confused and in pain. They just can't understand what's going on. It honestly broke me to watch them deal w/ that. you're a good mama and the puppy is blessed to have you to take care of him so well until his little body couldn't take it anymore. I'm sorry. no other words. I hope that your heart is hurting a bit less.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, I am beyond sorry to hear this news, and sad that I didn't open this thread and respond sooner. Big hugs to you and my deepest condolences as well for the passing of your beautiful dog.

My first beagle (who is with my ex-husband) most likely had epilepsy (the breed is known for it). His seizures were not severe enough to warrant medication but were getting progressively worse when I was considering leaving the marriage. I haven't spoken to my ex in quite some time now and do not know if Milo has ended up on phenylbarbitol or not. We desperately did not want to fight over who ended up with Milo if we divorced, so I bought another beagle from another breeder (completely different state, circumstances, etc.) and Daisy is registered, was guaranteed free of issues, etc. She has had seizures a handful of times in the past 3 years, so honestly there are no guarantees. I was lucky enough to have the breeder's information and contacted them to let them know that she seems to have an issue...they are not breeding anymore.

It's tough worrying about her... every 6 months that go by without a seizure I think we're in the clear and it was a fluke, but then it happens again and I wonder if she's had seizures when we're not around! It's awful. But, I am giving her the BEST life I possibly can and she seems so happy and healthy for the most part. I'm sure that's how your furbaby was, too.

I wish you the best in your future pet endeavors. You are a great dog parent.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry sorry for your loss.

I also understand the agony of not knowing if you were doing the right thing.
My dog Betty was diagnosed with seizures at age 6 put on medications. It was a balancing act between the seizures and meds, though over time due to uncontrolled attacks the med levels kept getting higher. Although she was getting her blood values tested every 6 months, she did end up going into liver failure. When we brought her in from her not acting like her usual self the damage was done she died a week later despite everything we did. I had alot of guilt that I killed her from the meds. But it was dammed if we do, dammed if we don't. If she wasn't on the meds she would have died from the seizures.

If this is any comfort it seems when people or dogs have a seizure, although it looks terrible and looks like they are dying (and can hurt themselves), once the seizure is over and they come out of it, they are their usual selves. I really don't think they have any memory of the attack, just like when people have seizures. So I don't think your dog was scared or in pain in the end.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results