shape
carat
color
clarity

My PS holiday giveaway purchase!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I still can't believe I was one of the five lucky winners of the PS holiday giveaway. What a great way to start the new year!

I decided to use my winnings to purchase my first diamond. I've had jewelry with diamond accents, but I've never had a piece of diamond jewelry. I decided to go with a marquise from James Allen, which will ultimately be set into a ring. Exact design of the setting is still being determined, but you can see the direction I'm headed in here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/best-use-of-money.218485/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/best-use-of-money.218485/page-2[/URL]

Anyway, I got the confirmation email from JA today, and I hope to have it in my hands soon!!! Here is the diamond I decided on, with a lot of help from PSers. Thank you to everyone who chimed in to help with this purchase and to everyone who is continuing to help me figure out the setting! I am so excited about this diamond and this project, and I literally would not be able to do it without PS!

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/marquise-cut/0.58-carat-g-color-si2-clarity-sku-618821

I'll post IRL pictures when I get it!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited for you! HNY!!! Marquise diamonds are really beautiful so I'm excited to see your final result. Congrats on your first Diamond!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Girlyglam congratulations on your win. I am super excited about your purchase because I have had that diamond on my "wishlist" at James Allen for a long while. (I just keep a wish list for when I win the lottery, lol!) It will be so nice to finally "see" it in person. Your ideas for setting it with sapphires is going to be amazing, too.

Warm regards,
Patty

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Cannot wait to see how you set it :)

MY JA marquise was SO much better in person then the videos even showed.

keep us posted!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is lovely!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty. I'll be following your setting journey!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, can't wait to see pics of you wearing it!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant wait to see pictures either Girlyglam! Also looking forward to see how you set it. Enjoy your first diamond!!!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words!

The diamond arrived today!!! I'm amazed at how quickly it arrived, and I was so impressed with JA's packaging. My fiancé even commented on how nicely packaged it was and how I should definitely save it all. :lol:

The diamond itself is such a joy!!! It's everything I could ever ask for in a first diamond. It sparkles beautifully, it's eye clean, it faces up the perfect size for me, and it looks perfectly white to me. I really do love it! :love: I feel like I'm being so indecisive in finalizing a setting, but when I do, it's going to make a beautiful ring!

The lighting in my apartment isn't the greatest, and I only have an iphone5 camera, but here are a few quick shots I took:
img_2043.jpg
img_2045.jpg

Q

Queenie60

looks good :love: :love: Take your time to get the perfect setting -well worth the wait. Can't wait to see the final product :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty. :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :appl: Congratulations! :clap:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for bumping this thread, Rockingruby, I've been hoping for an update. How is the setting going, Girlyglam?

Best regards,
PattyCo

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is lovely! Congrats and I cannot wait to see what you pick!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautful! Cannot wait to see what you decide to do with it!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I just saw that this had been bumped - sorry for the delay in responding!

I finalized the setting, sent the stone off, and now I'm just waiting for the finished product! You can see the CADs of the setting here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cads-are-here-input-greatly-appreciated.219295/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cads-are-here-input-greatly-appreciated.219295/page-2..[/URL]. The waiting is the hardest part...I know they got the diamond in their possession a week and a half ago on 2/12. I also know that 2/15 was a holiday for a lot of people, and that it takes time to produce the setting, set the stone, etc., but I'm getting impatient, lol! I've been toying with the idea of asking for an update...I think I'll give it until tomorrow before I do so. Hoping to have pictures to post here very soon!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the update! :appl:

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I thought I'd revisit this topic to show my final products. I used the bulk of my PS winnings to purchase a marquise diamond, which I set into a RHR made by DiamondZone. I had a tiny bit leftover, which I used towards a DBTY bracelet from IDJ.

The marquise is .58cts, G-SI2 (eyeclean) with dimensions of 9.51mm x 4.29mm x 2.65mm. It had great finger coverage, and I'm super happy with the result! My bracelet is a 6 inch, 5 station DBTY with 12 pointers (.60 ctw).

You can see some of my past posts with experiences making both pieces. I was initially not thrilled with the spacing of the bracelet, but IDJ was AMAZING about it. They were super accommodating with re-doing it for me, and even called me before they started re-working it to double-check the spacing I wanted. They even waived the small fee for re-doing the bracelet (which I was totally willing to pay since it was my fault for not being specific in the first place). I love the bracelet - it basically hasn't left my wrist since I received it. I also HIGHLY recommend IDJ for their top-notch customer service and beautiful pieces.

The ring process took awhile because I'm so d*mn indecisive! I owe endless gratitude to the amazing PS community for helping me find the diamond and solidify a design. In particular, I'd like to really thank Gypsy, Niel, and Artdecolover for their expertise. But there were also many others who helped me with the diamond and CADs, and I can't thank you all enough for your input! Ilya was also very patient with me throughout the process, which is definitely appreciated because I'm sure I was annoying! The result is a ring that I'm absolutely in love with! :love:

I also can't thank PS enough for hosting such a generous giveaway! I'm a newbie to this world of diamonds and jewels and jewelry, and I feel like I've learned a ton by being here and going through these projects. I also would not be able to have such beautiful pieces without the generosity of this giveaway. I feel like SUCH a lucky girl, and I am truly SO grateful!

Sadly I only have an iPhone 5 as a camera, and I'm not a great photographer, but here's what I have:

IDJ DBTY bracelet:
img_2162_0.jpg

Before and after the spacing re-do (top is before, bottom is after):
fotorcreated.jpg

In action while modeling some pearl options:
all.jpg

Marquise RHR:
img_2189.jpg

On hand:
img_2186.jpg

How I'm currently wearing it...not my favorite look - I'd prefer one ring per hand. But the seed pearl ring is super sentimental to me so I'm doing this for now until I figure something else out:
img_2190.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Lovely ring and bracelet Girlyglam - enjoy! :love:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
looks beautiful!! It looks WAY bigger then a .58 carat and I love how unique and special the halo is! ENJOY!!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
They are both wonderful, but the ring takes the cake. The diamond, the sapphires, and the milgrain are just so perfect! It's so great that you were able to get 2 items from your winnings, too.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow your ring is amazingly beautiful, I love that setting and agree it looks way bigger than it's weight. Congrats on both pieces!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring turned out fabulous. Great bracelet too.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I love the touch of blue! :love:

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all!!! I've really been enjoying looking at my hand lately! :lol:

Yes, I'm surprised at how big it looks at .58cts as well! I feel like it's a great example of how fancies can be a way to get size on a budget, although PS did help me find a good stone that faces up larger for its size. PS really is such a wonderful community!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and bracelet! You are right-the ring looks huge for its carat weight. Beautiful and big. :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girlyglam...your marquise ring turned out gorgeous! I've been following your thread but didnt realize that stone was part of the
Holiday giveaway...I'm so happy it found such a lovely home!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results