shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs are here!!! Input greatly appreciated

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
So, I've spent a good chunk of the night looking at my mockup at different sizes...mainly, making it proportionately smaller to try and mimic what I would see in everyday life. I think I'm going to go with no milgrain. I'm actually a bit surprised. Enlarged and up close, I really like the milgrain and thought it tied the whole look together nicely. But in a more real-life perspective, no milgrain really does seem to make the center diamond stand out.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree no milgrain. And again it can always be added but I don't think you will.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I am sure it will look great! A high polish metal will be a stellar home for your diamond to shine in :)

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Newest CADs!!! I decided to keep the airline as is, and I also decided to keep the shank and the bezel plain. I asked for a nicer gallery, and they were able to increase the side sapphire sizes slightly without redoing the whole thing. Thoughts?

marq_halo_2.png
picmonkey_collage_0.jpg picmonkey_collage1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

I think it's ready to go.

I really like the gallery design and I am happy they got larger sapphires in there.

It's going to be stunning.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: can't wait to see the finished product!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I thought I'd come back and update this thread with the finished product. I received the ring, and I am thrilled!!! I admit, I was a bit worried because I kept finding thing in the macro shots Ilya sent me for approval...and I think we wen through 2 or 3 rounds of revisions before I gave my approval. And even then, I wasn't 100% sure but I was getting to the point where I wasn't sure if what I was seeing was real or if my eyes were deceiving me, and I couldn't even tell anymore whether or not the revisions I had asked for were actually improving the ring or just messing with a good thing...so, I decided to leave it alone at that point and trust Ilya and his team.

I am very happy to say that I was so happily surprised when I received the ring! In person, I think it's beautiful and exactly what I wanted. I am also so happy with the design choices I made to not milgrain the bezel and keep the shank plain. It has great finger coverage - FI even remarked on how it's bigger than my e-ring, which I think made him feel a little badly. :???: (but my e-ring is an oval alexandrite so I feel like he's comparing apples to oranges. I just tried to reassure him that I LOVE my ering and wouldn't change it for the world!). It's basically everything I could have hoped for in a RHR and for my 1st diamond. :D I love it so much that it's actually quenched my thirst, somewhat, for more diamond rings! I've been eyeing a ring on JBG, but I no longer feel that urgent need for it anymore. I mean, I still want it, lol...would love to own an old cut one day, but you know, I no longer feel like it's an absolute need.

I'm afraid I only have crappy phone pictures, but here's what I have:
img_2189.jpg

On hand:
img_2186.jpg

How I'm currently wearing it...I don't love this look, but the seed pearl ring is super sentimental to me, so I'm doing this for now until I figure something else out:
img_2190.jpg

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
it turned out absolutely beautiful! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this. Congrats

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome!!! Congrats! Post a new thread with three thousand pictures in Show Me the Bling!!! :clap: :dance: :lickout:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!! Congrats! :love:

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
stunning ring :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow is that ever beautiful! It looks like a special heirloom piece.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! This is awesome! :love: It reminds me a lot of artdeco's, and both are stunning! CONGRATS!! :dance: :dance:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out gorgeous! :love: :love:

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
It's wonderful. It definitely resembles the original inspiration, but has been made your own.

I love that your nail polish matches...brings out the blue sapphires. Blue polish only from now on ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it so much. It looks fabulous on you.

They did such a lovely job on it!

Who did you use again?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love, love, love it!!!! They/you really nailed it, it's simply gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! I can't stop looking at it. I really am in love!

Gypsy - DiamondZone made the setting. I've never worked with anyone else for a custom ring setting, so I can't really compare, but I've been very happy with my experiences with them.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how majestic

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd love to see some shots of it in the sunlight, especially a macro.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1458367772|4007727 said:
I'd love to see some shots of it in the sunlight, especially a macro.

I don't think I have a macro setting on my phone (which is my only camera :oops: ), but I'll see what I can do!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
This is fabulous!! So excited for you!! The sapphires really pop. Great job with a custom piece, both you and DiamondZone. :love:

Edit to add: I'm glad you went without the milgrain. I had suggested it originally, but definitely the diamond stands out much better without. The side by side photoshop image was very telling. But, now IRL... wow!

sharonp

Rough_Rock
girlyglam|1458230798|4006775 said:
img_2189.jpg

On hand:
img_2186.jpg

How I'm currently wearing it...I don't love this look, but the seed pearl ring is super sentimental to me, so I'm doing this for now until I figure something else out:
img_2190.jpg

Love it and the blue nail polish you put on to match with it :lol:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG :love: That is so so pretty. Wow!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting! This is such a helpful thread from start to finish! The larger sapphire stones on the either side of the ring really helps balance the overall look and avoids the 'eye ' appearance as another PS'er stated in a previous thread! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results