shape
carat
color
clarity

My Princess Necklace

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
My husband surprised me with a pearl necklace earlier this week and all I can say is WOW. He shared that he wanted to find something all on his own that reminded him of me and my style. He picked this because to him it was like a piece of wearable art and I 1000% agree. I'm just blown away and excited to share!

Since this wasn't at all expected, I don't have many details or specs. He got it from our NYC-based jeweler, who doesn't normally deal with pearls, but will often pull in special pieces they thing their clients would appreciate.

I do know they're white South Sea pearls and look to be about 13-14mm. The overall color leans towards a blue/silver - I did take a few pictures next to some Akoya pearls I own to better show the color. The biggest one in the center might be 15-16mm. Each of the pearls (except the fastener one) has several diamond studs in different places. The chain and diamond studded connectors are 18k white gold.

I would love any suggestions you might have for how to care for something with both pearls and diamonds. I don't do anything to my current pearls aside from using a soft cloth once in awhile but what about when I want to make sure the diamonds are clean?

Pictures/Videos:
I was a little delayed, but @Daisys and Diamonds here it is!

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
That is a lovely necklace! In terms of caring for it, I would perhaps consider wrapping some small pieces of cloth around the larger components of the necklace that have a lot of metal and/or diamonds to prevent these sections of metal and diamonds from scratching the pearls while being stored. For cleaning, wipe down the pearls with a soft cloth and distilled water after wearing. You could dampen a baby toothbrush with some soapy water, brush the metal/diamond pieces, and then wipe those pieces off or rinse them with water. Pearls should not be exposed to soap or detergent of any kind.

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
That is a lovely necklace! In terms of caring for it, I would perhaps consider wrapping some small pieces of cloth around the larger components of the necklace that have a lot of metal and/or diamonds to prevent these sections of metal and diamonds from scratching the pearls while being stored. For cleaning, wipe down the pearls with a soft cloth and distilled water after wearing. You could dampen a baby toothbrush with some soapy water, brush the metal/diamond pieces, and then wipe those pieces off or rinse them with water. Pearls should not be exposed to soap or detergent of any kind.

Thanks for your suggestions! I have read on here that distilled water is OK for pearls. I will look for a super soft baby toothbrush for future cleanings. :sun:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the diamond accents are soooooo so beautiful :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
i have never even dreamed of anything like this
Well done your hubby :appl::appl::appl:

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
Thank you so so SO much @Daisys and Diamonds! He is getting such a kick out of your reaction pics. :lol-2:

He had a lot of stress over surprising me with something I didn’t personally pick out because I can be super picky. I have assured him that they will not be good back and wore them around the house today.:kiss2:

The diamond accents are my favorite part, they’re so unique and really play up the organic nature of the pearls.

Oh my god that necklace is just STUNNING! What an amazing job your husband did!! Gorgeous isn’t even the word. The world really needs to go BAU so that you can wear those pearls to the theater or opera - or maybe a ball!

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
Oh my god that necklace is just STUNNING! What an amazing job your husband did!! Gorgeous isn’t even the word. The world really needs to go BAU so that you can wear those pearls to the theater or opera - or maybe a ball!

Thank you so very much for the amazingly kind words. Someone definitely needs to invite me to a ball!!!

We were supposed to attend the local American Red Cross Gala and auction this year and we have a post-Thanksgiving day tradition of going to see a show, but it all was canceled due to COVID. I think 2022 might be our year to get back out into the world.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so very much for the amazingly kind words. Someone definitely needs to invite me to a ball!!!

We were supposed to attend the local American Red Cross Gala and auction this year and we have a post-Thanksgiving day tradition of going to see a show, but it all was canceled due to COVID. I think 2022 might be our year to get back out into the world.

oh dang covid :angryfire:
i need to see those pearls going to a ball
sigh
all good things come to those who wait (and are careful to stay safe)

your hubbie is anazing
i imangine him walking into the jewlers and seeing those pearls and being absolutly memorized by them and just knowing he had to buy them for you

they look like something i wish a scandanavian royal princess would wear (they have more tiara events over there)
modern but 100% completly fairy tale

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
when i was a kid i had a kid's story vinyl record and on the album cover was an ice Queen
i don't even remember the story but she always looked so beautuful to me
thats what your necklase looks like to me
:kiss2:
maybe you need to take her to a masquerade ball
do they still have those?

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
when i was a kid i had a kid's story vinyl record and on the album cover was an ice Queen
i don't even remember the story but she always looked so beautuful to me
thats what your necklase looks like to me
:kiss2:
maybe you need to take her to a masquerade ball
do they still have those?

I wish they still had masquerade balls, how fun! I think we're several hundred years too late. :(

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you click on the original picture it will open the Imgur album with more pictures - the second one is a neck shot! Plus some close ups and video. :kiss2:

Its very beautiful!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It looks so graceful on your neck. I loved the video showing the effects of the diamond pave with movement. Those satiny south sea pearls are wonderful, and I like the diamond "beauty marks" that some pearls are sporting. The Akoya necklace is also very nice. I hope you enjoy them very much. It was lovely and thoughtful gift from your husband!

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I looks amazing on your neck.

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a dream!! And such a special gift!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband surprised me with a pearl necklace earlier this week and all I can say is WOW. He shared that he wanted to find something all on his own that reminded him of me and my style. He picked this because to him it was like a piece of wearable art and I 1000% agree. I'm just blown away and excited to share!

Since this wasn't at all expected, I don't have many details or specs. He got it from our NYC-based jeweler, who doesn't normally deal with pearls, but will often pull in special pieces they thing their clients would appreciate.

I do know they're white South Sea pearls and look to be about 13-14mm. The overall color leans towards a blue/silver - I did take a few pictures next to some Akoya pearls I own to better show the color. The biggest one in the center might be 15-16mm. Each of the pearls (except the fastener one) has several diamond studs in different places. The chain and diamond studded connectors are 18k white gold.

I would love any suggestions you might have for how to care for something with both pearls and diamonds. I don't do anything to my current pearls aside from using a soft cloth once in awhile but what about when I want to make sure the diamonds are clean?

Pictures/Videos:
I was a little delayed, but @Daisys and Diamonds here it is!

Lets take another eye full :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results