shape
carat
color
clarity

my plain band with my tacori engagement ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone! My fiance and I decided to get some plain bands to use as our wedding rings for a couple of reasons. First, we wanted to save some money to use on other parts of our wedding. Second we thought it would be nice to have something plain. My fiance wants to get me two pave bands at some point however for the time being we decided on plain bands to get married with. They are here and I am actually loving the way mine looks with my Tacori engagement ring. What do you think? I have more pics but for your sanity I tried to pick out the best ones.

Here are our bands together. My fiance wanted plain and pretty thin band. The thicker ones did not look good on him.

em1mrem1band.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
My plain band

em1band.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
With my ER

em1band2.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Here is a closeup..

em1bandcloseup.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Love it!! I adore plain wedding bands--and your set is gorgeous!
30.gif

Your EC stuns me every time!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
From the front

em1bandfront.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
another front.

em1frontband2.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Lastly...from the side...excuse the fuz in the prong. I forgot to check it first. Duh.

em1sideband.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 1:11:32 PM
Author: coatimundi
30.gif

Coatimundi, Thank you! I''m really excited about this look. Do you think I should get another band for the other side? I''m really loving the plain band.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful!! I love plain bands - LOVE them. Your band really lets your engagement ring take center stage, and adds a touch of understated elegance to the set. Lovely!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
In case anyone is interested, I got the bands from weddingringhotline.com Another, FYI, if any ladies are looking for a spacer band. My band is 2mm and it cost about $230. I shopped around online a bit and over the holidays they were having a sale. I got both our bands from there for just under $800. I thought that was pretty good and wanted to let you all know.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh it think it looks great! It really makes your ering POP and adds a nice bit of elegance! Lovely!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh I''m impressed with how the plain band brings out the beauty of your engagement ring and vice versa.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Musey! I really love the way it looks. After I saw your Jazz band I took my fiance by the hand and made him come to Tiffs with me to try it on. Sadly, it did not look good. The styles were just so different. My ER did look good with the novo but its just too much to spend right now given the whole wedding expense. Anyway, we did get a quote from Leon for pave bands to go on either side of my ER. My fiance promised that at some point he will get them for me. For now, I am totally satisfied with this plain band look. I also think it will be quite cool at somepoint to have two pave rings on either side of the wedding ring.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
For that price ... why not get a 2nd in a matte (sandblasted or brushed) finish ... I think that could work really well with your ER too ... kinda take a backseat even more.

You picked the perfect shape & scale! Love it!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
mayachel and gecko....THANKS! I really love what it does for the ER.

On another note! I freaking HATE the prongs on my ER. Seriously, seeing them in these pictures makes me cringe. The are just terrible. I love everything about this ring except that. It is a good thing that they pretty much blend into the setting. Up close its really not that noticible but in the pictures, magnified, just terrible. Anyway, I had to get that out.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 1:24:01 PM
Author: decodelighted
For that price ... why not get a 2nd in a matte (sandblasted or brushed) finish ... I think that could work really well with your ER too ... kinda take a backseat even more.

You picked the perfect shape & scale! Love it!
I know, you can''t beat the price. Thats a good idea about the different finish however, would it seem like I was trying to match but didn''t?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 1:15:20 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Date: 1/26/2009 1:11:32 PM

Author: coatimundi

30.gif

Coatimundi, Thank you! I''m really excited about this look. Do you think I should get another band for the other side? I''m really loving the plain band.

I love it with the single band. Your e-ring is such a stunner that it''s balanced beautifully with the one plain band. Love this!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 1:27:29 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Date: 1/26/2009 1:24:01 PM
Author: decodelighted
Thats a good idea about the different finish however, would it seem like I was trying to match but didn''t?
Personally, I''d wear either/or ... wouldn''t wear the matte one at the same time as the polished one. If that''s what you meant??? Re: wearing the matte finish one with your Ering ... I think that would be a nice kind of mix/match. At least in my *mind*. HA!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
EM1! I just love how the plain band show''s off your E-Ring! It''s just simply beautiful!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I love that look, and your rings look gorgeous together. I now wish that I had also gotten a plain band - my channel set band, with squared edges, isn''t that comfortable to wear all the time - I end up taking it off at night. I wish that I had just gotten a plain, thin, rounded band to wear all the time and never have to take off. One of my friends got a plain band as her wedding band and it looks stunning with her oval & 2 pears 3 stone ring.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m a huge fan of plain bands as well and really love the way a plain band makes your center stone (and entire e-ring) really pop! I''m also a big fan of a little patina on the platinum, so I think it''s just going to look more and more beautiful over time. The pave bands will be great and as you mentioned, having one on either side of your plain band will look lovely once you get them! Having matching bands will be perfect for the cereomony!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love it and they look absolutely perfect together
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Looks awesome, I plan on wearing a plain gold band (just bought one today) with my halo ring (once it''s complete!)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 1:37:54 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I''m a huge fan of plain bands as well and really love the way a plain band makes your center stone (and entire e-ring) really pop! I''m also a big fan of a little patina on the platinum, so I think it''s just going to look more and more beautiful over time. The pave bands will be great and as you mentioned, having one on either side of your plain band will look lovely once you get them! Having matching bands will be perfect for the cereomony!
The patina was my main concern with getting the plain band but I believe that unless I don''t wear it, that is kind of unavoidable. Right now the band stands out because it is so shiny but over time I think you are right that they will just look that much better together. I plan on getting my ER band polished before the wedding so hopefully they will match for our wedding.

BTW...I think I found weddingringhotline through one of your old posts, so...THANKS!

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I love it with your ering! Its got a nice contrast but at the same time it fits really well. A beautiful set!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous, EM1!! I love it! Enjoy!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!! Dani...we really should get together!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
really pretty. I think you''ll like having the option of wearing the plain band. I have one and wear it when I''m at the gym, hiking, climbing. swimming etc. as not to mess up m ER or WB. Well done!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully someday I''ll have as many bands as you, Miss Fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results