Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seattle day, in the shade

spinelearriby theday.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rest of them were made in my office, where lights are more or less meh. I used my Droid which I think takes decent pictures.

offlightspinear1.jpg

reflections.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are made in the kitchen, with yellow fluorescent lights, and another part of the office, with even worse light

inkitch1.jpg

inkitch2.jpg

spininmehlight1.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ear shots

earlobe1.jpg

earllobe2.jpg

hangingspinel1.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
OMG, crasru, they glow!!! :love:

You must be ecstatic. Such gorgeous color and mad sparkles....

Congratulations and ear shots, please.

~ faegrace

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Overall, I think the spinels perform well even in grey Seattle day or my office with yellow fluorescent lamps.

I was afraid that pink spinels would darken in the setting but it did not happen.

Thank you for viewing.

And the ear shots were difficult because these stones dangled all the time! Consequently, the least impressive shots came out as least blurry. Sorry. I shall ask someone else to take the photos.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Really pretty! I love the colors! And I think they look really nice with the yellow gold.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
these are beautiful! who made the settings?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Faegrace - thank you.
Merilenda - thank you.
Slg47 - they were made by Jill Anish from Etsy. She uses high-carat gold, twisted wires and granulations.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
It still amazes me that nature can make something so beautiful! Lovely earrings!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those turned out great and look lovely on you.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous color scheme, they are beautiful!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, the colour of your spinels are just amazing. They really suit the yellow gold. :))

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wow beautiful, the colours of those spinels and the gold, great combination!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Those turned out beautifully and there is
true harmony in those colors with the gold...

Actually, I think my spinels look their neon-y best
on overcast days or in the shade ~ as well as
ooo-shiney goodness in the sun !!!
So yours should look totally awesome
all the time in Seattle !!!!

Love Them :love: :love: :love:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the look of high karat gold with those stones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful spinels, beautiful design, beautiful earrings! If you think those photographs are poor in quality, I cannot imagine how much lovelier they are in person.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings. Thanks for the ear shots!!

I have to say that is some of the nicest bezel work I've seen on PS.

T

talamasca

They don't half sparkle!

Lovely :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JJ does amazing work. Those earrings are HAWT!!! :love: :love: :love:

-A

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soberguy - Thank you! Yes, these spinels are pretty!
BrightIce - thank you!
Artdecogirl - Thank you!
Deathspi - Thank you!
LovingGems - Thank you! I wish you to get your rings soon...
ooo~Shiney! - Thank you! Actually, they look best under my home chandelier which has old-type lamps. I took a couple of photos.
Kismet - thank you very much!
Chrono - the photos stink, I know! But many of them looked OK when I uploaded them into my "Pictures" yesterday. I think that between taking the photos, emailing them several times, and uploading here things got "lost in translation". However, Droid is very convenient because I can take photos anywhere, at anytime, wherever the light is good.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL - I agree, she is a good master. And a very pleasant person to work with.
Talamasca - thank you!
Arcadian - thank you!
I must admit, for a while I was debating saving on the upper spinels and buying something nice and pink, but native cut, off ebay. Thinking that the upper spinels may be closed by the hair anyhow. Now I am glad I did not do it. The cuts are good, the colors are good, and high-carat gold always gives feeling of richness.

Now I shall be pursuing the "Greek route" whenever the color of the stones would allow bezeling. I am "sold" on ancient jewelry.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Crasru, these might be my favorite pieces of yours - the stones are gorgeous, and the workmanship is stellar. I'm a big fan of rope designs and granulation, so I'm excited to see this vendor!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What lovely PINK goodness!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The earlobe pics are even more spectacular than the first pics, Crasru. Those are really gorgeous earrings.

Can you detach the dangling ones & wear the others alone?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colors look even better IRL!!! They look pretty on you! Enjoy!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I took a couple more photos. Yesterday under my chandelier. Again, I had to use my Droid because it is always with me and comes in handy whenever I find good angle or light.

The second one is in the ear by the day. I saw the reflection in a mirror and decided to take a picture. They looked hot-pink and pretty neon-y. The photo is blurred but they dangle all the time so the camera simply can not focus.

spininchan2.jpg

spinearday3.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani - thank you, you have such lovely jewelry yourself! Yes, I like working with Jill. I have never seen her in person but online she comes across as a nice, warm person. She has tons of patience - she offered me three designs, I made her re-arrange them, because I am not a visual person, then try something again, do this, try that... She was very patient. When finally we decided on the design and the smaller stones were shipped to her, she was very quick. She, too, loves ancient and Byzantine jewelry and has huge experience working with granulations. I am quite happy that a bezel with a rim did not darken the spinels.

Making The Grade - thank you, thank you...

Jewel Freak - detaching earrings is a good idea but I did not plan to wear them separately and did not think of it. With my other (planned) pair of dangles, I may try this...

Zestfully Bling - Thank you!

In real life, they are not "falling out" of my ears, as it looks in pictures - I did not want to take them off for the night (I was so much in love with them), and slept on them, so in the morning it hurt and I had to loosen them...

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness: so beautiful! I love the contrast in the two stone colours you chose, and Jill's work is stunning. You must be thrilled!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru I really prefer your gorgeous photos to the ones that Jill took. The colours look incredibly vibrant and really stand out. Enjoy wearing them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results