shape
carat
color
clarity

My petite .52 Francy Deep Brown Pink Pear

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Well my lemon drop turned out to be a Fancy Deep Brown- Pink pear. My boss surprised me (I thought it was a yellow stone previously mentioned in my lemon drop post)

But he ended up getting me this .52 pear. It is GIA certified for color only I suspect it is SI2 or I1 as it has two very apparent scratches across her table. (I don't mind) love her.

Pictured is my inspiration. Although I want one halo row of yellow diamonds and no bail. I want the chain 15" coming directly out of the mounting. Can anyone help me find an actual picture of pink diamond with yellow stones... And what size stones to use. I want them flush with the brown/pink stone.

So now to set her in a pendant. Below are inspirations I was thinking rose gold setting with yellow melee. flush thoughts

I have already emails Diamonds by Lauren but it is the weekend so waiting.

img_0804__1_.jpg

img_3951.png

img_0802__1_.jpg

Attachments

• scan_20161216_161713329.pdf
    936.2 KB · Views: 72

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry mounting I found... Would the stone sit flush in this.

pearsetting.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
unless it's a calibrated pear, it won't sit flush in a pre-made mount. It will need to have a cad created.

I would also reach out to IDJ and BE for quotes in addition to DBL. I always like 2-3 quotes per project. Also, each vendor may/may not have the bandwidth to take on your project right now, so budget, queue, design aesthetics will all play a part in your final decision.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you both for posting. Sometimes I post and no one responds. I though maybe my stone was ugly and not worthy of a response.

I am going in to the city next week and will bring to IDJ and DBL

I also spoke to a couple Philadelphia jewelers on 8th street ( my boss is in the biz) and they can do it with the stock mounting but I have to get a dealer to order for me. None of the findings places in Phili had a mounting even similar and especially in rose gold. I also really want yellow stones.

I want this done right. The person I bought it from in Phili said he will mount gratis with white halo if I give him the mounting but I don't want it to look cheap and cheesy...

Then I showed it to a jewelry store that designs a lot of pieces locally. He said to me all yellow stones are irradiated. I walked right out thanks and have a nice day

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Pretty stone! I'm not sure about the yellow melee, though, especially in rose gold. I think white melee and rose gold would be very nice!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone and I think rose gold will definitely enhance its beauty. My personal preference would be for a halo of white or pink diamonds bc I don't think yellow diamonds would compliment this stone as much. How about a double halo one with white then yellow diamonds so you can see the contrast? Something like the first link but reverse the colors. I also really liked this second link I found. The rg bezel and the white halo both enhance the color of the center diamond...

http://pin.it/zLDgZdj

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/more-rings/218-carat-gia-cert-natural-fancy-light-pink-diamond-gold-ring/id-j_1843073/

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. yes I am considering two rows... I love the pink melee but the stone is really Fancy deep brown pink so it will be hard to match them. I thought white and yellow. I am not sure going to Phili and NY Wednesday so see about setting it.

i found these two mountings. I am not sure if the thick one with filagree would be better then the flush one thoughts

_38710.jpg

haloside.jpg

side_57.jpg

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
The colour is beautiful!! I think it will look stunning in a pendant. :love:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you GeorgiaO

So below is what I have so far. Since my boss was in the diamond biz he ordered me the mounting. I am having him purchase the yellow stones and I bought this rose gold chain online. Please help is this piece going to look like I pieced it together. I so wanted to go to Diamonds by Lauren or IDJ But this way the boss pays and I still get a nice piece. Any suggestions I am removing the bail and having the chain attached... Any hints on attaching the chain. Is it to thin.

img_14198.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good job on walking out on the jeweler who said all yellow diamonds are irradiated. Personally, I would have recommended running, but walking will do!

I do have one comment on directly attaching the chain.

Since the diamond and the pendant will not have significant weight, the pendant will always be hiking up one side of your neck or the other without the bale to allow the chain to slide. If you do not like the appearance of the pendant hanging from a bale, perhaps you would consider doing a small loupe for the chain to slide through that is hidden behind the pendant.

Just a thought.

Wink

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Wink. I would keep a bale. Not only do I think the pendant would lay better, but I would be worried the thin chain might break near the pendant and I'd lose it. I have a pear diamond pendant made by Diamonds by Lauren- it has a bale and sits nicely all the time.

And you are sure you want yellow melee? I know tastes vary, but I really think colorless or pink melee would work better in your rose gold setting and compliment your diamond better.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1483020091|4110324 said:
I agree with Wink. I would keep a bale. Not only do I think the pendant would lay better, but I would be worried the thin chain might break near the pendant and I'd lose it. I have a pear diamond pendant made by Diamonds by Lauren- it has a bale and sits nicely all the time.

And you are sure you want yellow melee? I know tastes vary, but I really think colorless or pink melee would work better in your rose gold setting and compliment your diamond better.

I would agree with Pinkjewel...I looked on Diamonds by Lauren to see if I could find any of the combination that you plan on doing
but I couldnt find any. I could find lots of Yellow with pink melee but no pink/brown with yellow melee. (I did quit looking after
about 10 pages though).

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another thing to keep in mind is that not all rose gold looks the same (some more pink, others more peach, others more yellow, etc.), it depends on the mixture used so your pendant might look different than the chain. Not sure if that would bother you...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and cant wait to see the finished piece.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
You all have good points. I would love the pink melee However, I think the fancy pink one will be more than I can spend.

Also the color of the stone is brown pink which means 60/40 brown pink so the pink melee might not work. I sort of get where you are all coming from with the bail. I just love when I pendant is an entire piece not a pendant on a chain. I have so many pendants. I wanted a "piece"...

pinkyellow.jpg

hangig.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
heididdl|1483038843|4110430 said:
Closest I can find to PInk center yellow outside Steven Kirsch pink sapphire with yellow diamonds on price scope jewel of the week.

https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-ringing-2014-sunny-yellow-diamonds

Well, that ring is set in 18kt yellow gold and the pink sapphire melee are quite bright- so not sure I think it's comparable.

However, your brown pink with yellow melee I would think would take on a sunflower type look- think brownish center and bright yellow halo. I haven't seen yellow diamonds set in rose gold that I can think of so not sure how that will affect the color. As mentioned earlier there are lots of shades of rose gold, so that can affect the final outcome. I think the color scheme will take on an autumn type look- think turning leaves where there are pinks, reds, browns and yellows mingling together.

If you don't like the bale why not implement what Wink suggested and have a piece put on the back (before setting) that the chain will slide thru? It will give the illusion that the chain is attached. You would need to make sure it didn't protrude too far so that the pendant would not sit flat.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring was my inspiration I looked through the price scope feed forever to find your piece. I salivated through the entire process. Especially since my stone is so small .51 I knew yours wasn't huge and it came out so magnificent.

What are your thoughts on the pink melee. I have no idea what the cost would be for 20 .90 mm stones.

yes I think Ill have a piece put on the back. I don't want the bail with stones. All great ideas. Thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FightGravity|1482168284|4108363 said:
Pretty stone! I'm not sure about the yellow melee, though, especially in rose gold. I think white melee and rose gold would be very nice!

Oh, this is exactly what I was thinking. I don't see yellow enhancing the color at all. I think either near colorless single cuts (or even white brilliant cuts) or light pinks would be good. You are working with rose gold and a brown/pink diamond, so I do not see yellow working with that. The examples of pink and yellow that work together are pale yellow and pale baby pink.

I'd definitely want a bale with a pear pendant, personally.

Very pretty stone, Heidi!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I always wanted. A pendant with yellow. But you are all swaying me towards pink or white. I am just afraid the pink will be cost prohibited. Does anyone have an idea of cost.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
heididdl|1483062829|4110556 said:
I always wanted. A pendant with yellow. But you are all swaying me towards pink or white. I am just afraid the pink will be cost prohibited. Does anyone have an idea of cost.

I wrote a long answer earlier tonight then my computer froze and I lost it :wall:

Anyway, I also think the colorless diamonds in rose gold would look really pretty around your diamond, Brownish pink melee might be a cost saving option, too- which should also look really nice. I did just recently get some quotes on fancy pink diamond melee-$3000.00/carat for light fancy pink and $5000.00/carat for fancy pink. I think intense pinks would not be needed and at over $10,000/ct are rather costly!! Since your boss was going to get the yellow melee I'm assuming he could also get pink, so your prices would probably be much less. Since .90mm are considered half pointers I guess you're looking at close to a tenth of a carat for pricing.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just for reference...diamonds by lauren has a few stones that are close in color with white melee set in rose gold, and a light pink melee- not pendants but should give you an idea. I think the light pink melee is lower in cost than fancy, but not sure of the price...

First is a stone close in color to yours with a light pink (not even fancy light) melee

Another stone with white melee in rose gold

screen_shot_2016-12-29_at_9.png

screen_shot_2016-12-29_at_0.png

screen_shot_2016-12-29_at_1.png

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I am so obsessed with having a color melee. but I have no idea of pricing for 30 stones .90 mm anyone give me range.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
heididdl|1483101310|4110671 said:
I am so obsessed with having a color melee. but I have no idea of pricing for 30 stones .90 mm anyone give me range.

I gave you quotes in my last post...

eta- you originally asked about 20 diamonds, so would be a bit more for 30.

Also, although Leibish no longer sells their pink melee, recent quotes from them were $6000 to $7000/carat for fancy pink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think very pale brownish pink would give you the contrast with the center while being great with the rose gold. Sounds like it might be around $300 according to pinkjewels which is well worth the cost to have it turn out well.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1483105298|4110687 said:
I think very pale brownish pink would give you the contrast with the center while being great with the rose gold. Sounds like it might be around $300 according to pinkjewels which is well worth the cost to have it turn out well.

I think so, too. If fancy light pink is around $3000/ct then fancy light brownish pink should be a bit less and with 30 diamonds instead of the original 20- I think $300.00 would be a good estimate.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: That is so doable .Thanks guys. I just txted the boss .....He just returned from a vacation and I ran the entire business so he owes me... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
great!! Let us know what you decide and please show us the finished pendant!! =)

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Just told the boss I want pink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results