shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Perfect (for me!) Wedding Set

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!
What a ring journey I have been on! A few years ago, I had posted here about upgrading my diamond to either a 2 or 2.5 carat. I ended up choosing my diamond: a natural 2.5 GIA ex/ex/ex cut SI HCA .8 J diamond that in my opinion, is just so gorgeous and perfect for me.

I never loved the setting I had and waited patiently to get what I really wanted: the Vatche U113! I looked over so many threads on this design! A jeweler not too far from me in Portland, OR is a licensed carrier so I was able to order through them. Vatche crafted the setting using my diamond’s specific dimensions. It could not have turned out any more perfect in my eyes.

Finally, I rested thinking everything was perfect, but there was a gnawing desire to change my wedding band up. My original is a one carat channel set band that is simple and beautiful. I love it, but with my large (to me) E-ring, it feels a little too blingy sometimes. I am a teacher in a small rural district and sometimes I think it draws a little more attention than needed.

I knew I wanted a Tiffany band to perfectly compliment my ring and I started to look at pre-loved bands, which are incredibly hard to find in a size 7. I was ready to purchase a beautiful sapphire and diamond legacy, but the jeweler sold it out from under me before I could finalize the payment. I was so disappointed! I tried the smaller version but after a less than ideal situation and it looked awful. I determined the only thing to do was to make a trip to Tiffany and try different bands.

My husband and I had a date night planned for Saturday in Portland so why not go to Tiffany?!? I was really thinking hard about what I truly wanted and concluded that simpler was better. I needed something I could wear on runs and to CrossFit without having to baby it. I tried the knife edge, but it just didn’t speak to me. Then I tried the Harmony band and it was immediate perfection. My husband was in full agreement that this was the one! He bought the band for me right then and there. I wore it out of the store and on our date falling in love all the more with my husband and new band.

I’m surprised that what seems to be such a simple band can equate to such perfection in one’s eyes. I can wear my diamond band when I want more bling and my Harmony for simplicity and practicality.

TLDR: natural 2.5 J GIA ex/ex/ex SI .8 HCA set in Vatche U113 with a one carat channel set diamond band (original) and Tiffany Harmony in platinum (new).

I appreciate all the threads, comments, and pictures that helped educate me and make all my decisions. Thank you Pricescope!

IMG_0921.jpeg IMG_0923.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0920.jpeg
    IMG_0920.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0918.jpeg
    IMG_0918.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0924.jpeg
    IMG_0924.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0972.jpeg
    IMG_0972.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0966.jpeg
    IMG_0966.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0925.jpeg
    IMG_0925.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 143

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
She’s a gorgeous stone! Enjoy and wear her, the w-band (and new one, too) with joy!

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
She’s a gorgeous stone! Enjoy and wear her, the w-band (and new one, too) with joy!

I do love this stone so much! Thank you for the compliment and well wishes!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing! Your new rings are beautiful and it is always so nice to hear someone so happy! Enjoy them for many years to come!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a perfect ending to your date night! They are all beautiful and classic!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A “plain” wedding band is not so plain & simple to find!

You made a perfect choice & it sits beautifully. Love the option of the diamond band for more sparkly days too - you have a great set!

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
A “plain” wedding band is not so plain & simple to find!

You made a perfect choice & it sits beautifully. Love the option of the diamond band for more sparkly days too - you have a great set!

You have such a gorgeous set too! I admit to looking a lot at your rings in the ring trilogy thread. Your Tiff e-ring is dreamy! This is a huge compliment for me :) thank you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh well done! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Classy and timeless!! Love it!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@DmdRunner what a beautiful, timeless and classy set - actually, sets! One for elevated daily wear, and another for when you’re feeling a little bit of extra bling :cool2:

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
@DmdRunner what a beautiful, timeless and classy set - actually, sets! One for elevated daily wear, and another for when you’re feeling a little bit of extra bling :cool2:

Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I was going for. I love that I can wear the plain band 24/7 without having to worry. I think it’s still just beautiful on its own too.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, classic set!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection!! Looks amazing!!
I know you said rural, school teacher, but for dressy events can you add the diamond band on top? Even just in the house? Not “better,” just another option.

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
Perfection!! Looks amazing!!
I know you said rural, school teacher, but for dressy events can you add the diamond band on top? Even just in the house? Not “better,” just another option.

Thank you! I’m really loving my new combination and having choices.
I will definitely try that but I think it might be a tight fit since my Harmony band is 3 mm and my diamond band is 4 mm. I’ve thought about sizing my diamond band to fit my right hand but I don’t want to commit to that just yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results