shape
carat
color
clarity

My pear reset

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I had this done a few weeks ago and was waiting for my tiny little 2 mm plain gold band to come. In this photo you can really see the strong blue flourescense in the sunlight.

reset1.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Here is a hand shot. Sorry for the pudgy fingers. My jeweler insisted on making it a 1/2 size smaller than I usually wear so it wouldn''t turn, and it looks tight. I have actually gotten used to the feel of it and don''t notice any tightness -- it''s very comfortable. I''m used to it now and my size 8 rings feel way too loose, although they don''t make my fingers look pinched. Anyway....

reset2.JPG

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it''s huge!! How do you wear it point up or point down? I read in a book somewhere a guy gave a pear shape and said ''Everytime you look at it remember all the tears I''d shed if you didn''t marry me'' AAAWWWW.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Side profile. I love this shot. I think the jeweler did a beautiful job.

reset3.JPG

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, you posted the answer while I posted the question
20.gif
Love the look btw.
36.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Last one. The ring was originally a Stuller x-prong for a round or square stone, but my jeweler built a bridge because I really like the way the cathedral is not too curled and not pointy. I love the curves of Researcher''s ring, and my jeweler was able to imitate them by altering this ring.

reset4.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Moonriver! I really do like it very much, and it''s no muss no fuss. I wear it to bed, I wear it when I cook (except if I''m doing meat or something yucky), I just live in it. That''s what I really love about it.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thanks! It''s scary how leathery they look in the pictures. They don''t look THAT leathery in real life, but the last few years my hands have aged noticably. I guess you can''t have baby smooth hands forever, sigh
38.gif

I love the flourescence, too! It''s really fun to go into a store or cosmic mini golf because it glows so brightly you can see it from across the room.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lumpikin, it looks great! Love the fluoro too - I like pears....yum .
9.gif
3.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re right, your jeweler did a fantastic job! It''s beautiful!!!!!!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful, and I too love the flourescence. What are the specs on the center stone?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!

It''s 2.0 carats -- 9.92x6.69, M color, IF clarity, very strong blue flourescence.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lumpkin,

It''s beautiful and huge! I really like the florescence in the sunlight.Your jeweler did a fantastic job.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really great! Very pretty!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow Lumpkin, it is gorgeous! Great job with the setting!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wow, I love it! I like the flouro too! very pretty!!!! and a great size :)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That''s a gorgeous pear shaped diamond and I love the elegant classy setting you''ve put it in!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Diamond shrinkage is an evil thing.
29.gif
When I first got this diamond, I was actually afraid to wear it to work because I was afraid it would draw too much attention (and not the right kind). I was afraid my co-workers would be snooty about it (a few were -- but I still wore it, LOL!). And I didn''t want to explain how I saved money buying on line doing tons of research and how long I obsessed before I actually got it. Only you ladies and my dear, long suffering husband need to know about that, LOL! Now it just seems normal, not particularly big, but just right on my hand. Weird how that happens.

I don''t dare ask for an upgrade in the future. My husband would have me shot at dawn. This is also the third and final setting it''s going in. Stick a fork in me, ''cause I''m DONE! Which is another reason I so appreciate all your nice comments. Thank you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the setting! It looks great. I cannot believe it is a M! It also looks huge on your hand.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Tacori, it looks even brighter in the yellow gold setting. I think it''s really helpful that the color is not concentrated in the tip as it usually is in pears. In certain light it is quite yellow, but not an offensive color at all. Most of the time I don''t notice it at all.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty lumpkin!!!!! The pear is so nicely showcased on that sleek band - it''s definitely the center of attention! Just lovely and scrumptious!
18.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh very pretty, classic!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, thank you! I know it isn''t an elaborate setting, but it really suits me. I think it looks good in that setting, too.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
very Pretty Lumpkin!
30.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
now that is one really nice pear!

movie zombie

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks incredible and HUGE. I love it..

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, I''m very pleased with it as well. This diamond is actually a little deep so it faces up like about a 1.75 carat. I wonder what a 2 carat at 60% depth would look like. 1mm doesn''t sound like much, but it''s a pretty large percentage when you''re talking about these little rocks. I really think I''m satisfied this time and that it''s big enough (I''ve had the diamond over 2 years now) and that the setting is the right one for this diamond. It''s been a long and crazy road to getting it this way. I say I''m done, and I am, with THIS ring, hehe. Maybe in a few years I can do something on the other hand -- maybe -- I have a hard time wearing a ring on my right hand. It''s hard for me to get used to, for some reason. Or maybe a bracelet....
31.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Lumpkin!

Your ring makes me fall in love with pears all over again. Classic & stunning. The clean lines of your setting make it timeless.

Congrats!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Lumpkin!!!!! Pears are all so different -- each one so unique in its shape. I love that fluorescence!!!

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I love the fluor in the stone!! It''s sooo pretty! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results