shape
carat
color
clarity

My pear reset

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
An M stone?!?!?!?!?!
23.gif
I am one of those that can be very sensitive to color and would have never EVER thought your stone was an M That blue flour makes it just gorgeous and absolutely stunning!
30.gif
I am amazed and at a loss for words, it looks spectacular!

ETA: BTW I have an 8.5-9 size finger and it is refreshing to see some one that wears a ring bigger than a 5!
28.gif
I have been partly dreading the day when I can post a ring because of how fat my hands must be destined to look compared to others. But I think your hands are absolutely beautiful!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the kind comments. It''s the last bridal jewelry I''m ever going to get so it makes me feel that much more sure of my decision to read them.

As far as it being an M, I think that the cut of this stone makes all the difference. Whoever cut it seems to have taken great care with it. Although the specs of the cut seem on paper not very good, the finished product is so nice. It is also a really nice yellow, not a yucky yellow. There''s no brown, really, although in some light it did seem the color of clear, sparkling ginger ale, which I suspect it would be without the flourescence, and it actually is a very cool color that I would not mind at all. In some flourescent lighting you can really see the yellow, but it''s kind of a golden yellow, and the yellow gold really helps the color a lot. In the light at McDonald''s play place (I have young children) this thing is UNbelievable! It absolutely dazzles me and really distracts me from watching my kids, LOL. In some light, not so much, like at Sam''s Club. It often depends on the lighting how much color really shows.

I was just incredibly lucky. I had a budget, a size, and a clarity in mind (not so much color, although I had hoped to stay around an H, VS-SI-1). The stone just mocked me from the internet. "I''m 2 carats, I''m internally flawless, I''m in your budget! You have to see me or you''ll regret it forever....."

My husband had actually bought me an oval, which was really lovely, but I didn''t like it in the ring we had purchased and there''s a story with the jeweler that he bought it from that left a sour taste in my mouth and I didn''t like the association. When I had Abazias send me this diamond, I took the oval to a pawn shop and said, "I need this much money out of this oval diamond. Can you give it to me???" I was short about $750 and sold a few other things so I wouldn''t have to put it on credit (the oval was on credit and I knew my husband would have a COW if I used any more credit). I had 10 days to get the old diamond out of the setting and sold, then have the pear set in that setting and wire the cash, all of this without my poor, dear, long suffering husband''s knowledge. I wasn''t actually sure he wouldn''t be furious, but I loved the diamond so much I just had to chance it. It turned out he was fine with it, other than the fact that I had wanted to buy on line in the first place and we could have saved a ton of money (and not used credit) if we had gone that route in the first place. He would never have bought a diamond on line -- not EVER. This was a little over two years ago and two settings ago. I really am done this time. I was required by said husband to swear on my left ring finger that yes, this is finally it (not really, just being dramatic, LOL!).

Anyway, when my new jeweler, who obviously did not sell me this diamond, gave me his written appraisal (only for insurance purposes) I about died when I saw his value of it. He seems really a conservative, honest person, not one to inflate the value, so I was really pleased. Although I''m aware that insurance companies don''t pay retail to replace jewelry, it was still fun to see a retail price.

Thanks again for all your kind words. I''m pleased as pink lemonaide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results