shape
carat
color
clarity

My own design. 2 weeks to wait until wax. [IMAGE]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hannah

Rough_Rock
Love you design!! It''s similar to a Verrigio design (see below), BUT I like your design better
1.gif
. Using a princess center stone compliments the sidestones. I also like that there''s more "coverage" of diamonds on the band and that you''ve squared off the bottom of the ring which will prevent spinning.

Well done! I''m very much looking forward to seeing a pic of the finished product.

ver_eng0069p_0033p.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Update on progress
I''m still waiting on getting the wax back. They stated it was to be done quite some time ago.. maybe 2 weeks. Well last week on Tuesday they stated it would be done Friday, then on Friday they stated it would be done this Wednesday, except I''m out of town Wednesday through next Sunday... Grrr! So, I told him that he needs to have it ready by Tuesday if he wants me to see it before I leave. We''ll see what happens. I''m doubting that I''ll have the finished product by the time I wanted it. I''ll have to think something up for proposal that''s not the original plan.
15.gif
I most likely won''t be recommending this jeweler to anyone that I know. They''ve slipped their original schedule 3 to 4 times already. Once for the estimate and 3 times for the wax. I can''t wait until they slip more for the finished product. Grrr...

kreffell wrote:
Wow, what a great design.

Sorry I am late in joining this discussion, but I have only just found this wonderful forum.

For anyone wanting to learn Rhino3d we have 24 free tutorials to download (jewelry specific), we also run our modules as 6 week home study courses.

We are a friendly team and offer our help where ever we can.
Thanks, and welcome! I haven''t been around for that long either but I''m sure many more will say welcome to the forums. So far my experience has been excellent.
2.gif

As for tutorials, I''m always looking for a good tutorial, except when I went to your site your tutorials weren''t quite "free."
2.gif
Well, they are with a membership, which is far from free. Unless I was mistaken. Hehe, regardless, nice site! And thanks for your comments.

Jennifer5973 wrote:
I also love your design. It was also very interesting to see your custom creation come to life via the software! I am no expert but I am sure your jeweler would address any "issues" with the prongs. I cannot wait to see the real thing....love the band & shank especially!
Thank you! Yeah, I was hoping if there were any issues the jeweler would let me know. Unless there were and that''s why it''s taking so long. Still haven''t gotten the wax back yet.

hannah wrote:
Love you design!! It''s similar to a Verrigio design (see below), BUT I like your design better. Using a princess center stone compliments the sidestones. I also like that there''s more "coverage" of diamonds on the band and that you''ve squared off the bottom of the ring which will prevent spinning.

Well done! I''m very much looking forward to seeing a pic of the finished product.
Thank you! Actually, my girlfriend saw that exact Verragio design and liked it but the shank seemed to wide and the way they connected the prongs to the rest of the ring was too weird for her. She also liked the idea of having a european shank so it doesn''t spin. I wanted the illusion that the diamonds travel around the whole piece even if it does spin on the finger a little. Except if I did do the full ring resizing would be murder. So, illusion was the key when designing. And, as mentioned above, I wanted the sides to be flat so a wedding band could meet up right next to it... which I''m going to try to convince her to have that custom built as well. Same ring but without the prongs and centerstone.
28.gif

She liked the ring below as well. That was the first one that she really liked but then saw that every place in the malls had it. So between the Verragio and the ring below.. that''s where I got the idea. Two great rings but not quite what I wanted.

Thanks a lot for everyone''s comments!
Ukieza

kayring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results