shape
carat
color
clarity

My Oval.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
We share the same brain when it comes to my ring :naughty: . I already thought the exact same idea's, thoughts as you shared.
As for the metal it would be white gold.
My brain is totally on ring overload right now!!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Just heard from Quest, it's not possible for them to add a Fi.Z halo to the Leigh Jay Nacht ring. So.....

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvsdmb|1367338783|3437416 said:
Just heard from Quest, it's not possible for them to add a Fi.Z halo to the Leigh Jay Nacht ring. So.....

Why couldn't they just make a similar setting themselves??

Either way. I think your new route is a good one. Clearly they are willing to do a graduated shank like you wanted.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't ask, they didn't offer. I'm sure they could but I agree I think my new route will be best, I can stay somewhat local and still get what I want.

The rings at Timeless Designs are not bead set halo, they are pave, so this halo part of the ring I want is what I am having the most trouble with. They can make them bead set if I want, I guess until I see them in person I will never know what I want.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well if you ask them to do the same type of halo as the o yes you posted back on the other page (the hexagon ones). I think those would look good with a normal oval bdzel

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
"The halo in the image you attached is made of prongs that we would consider a traditional pave with a thin wall & milgrain; some jewelers might call it a bead set, but I would define a bead set with larger prongs than that."

This was the response when I asked Quest to clarify the halo they made for Fi.Z was bead set, and sent them this picture (of their ring)lol

_5961.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well now we know :D

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
My obsession with the Quest Fi.Z halo may not be needed ??? The halo's Timeless Designs make are very pretty and may actually be quit similar or even the same ??? :confused:

Just mailed Quest back asking for their halo and the shank from the "fly" ring. This is getting crazy.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your are stressing a little to much sweetie! Show them you're halo INS operation and the band you want and sure they can get you something beautiful!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
You are right, it's break time. :lol: I do feel better knowing the details of "the halo", it will all work out I'm sure of it.

Thanks for your input!! :wavey:

(can't wait to see what Fi.Z has to say)

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
luvsdmb|1367334046|3437347 said:
This gives me an idea of the taper shank with the oval. However I am not sure of this halo??? The "fly" can be anything I want, I was thinking a pumpkin.
What does everyone think???

Are you thinking of adding the same style halo as mine to this shank? Because if you are... then I think it will look really really nice!! Are you still thinking plain shank with no etching, just polished and milgrain details?

Do you have any thoughts as to which the profile/basket would look like?

I think maybe since this setting is coming from Timeless, then I would stick with timeless and ask them to customize the head with a halo similar to the one that Quest made for me ;-) The halos that Timeless make seem really really nice too and they have some very attractive deisngs in their collection! :love:

One thing to consider is how it sits on your finger and how you would like your wedding band to sit against it...if you want it flush against the ering, then you might have to specify this when they make your ring so that can give enough flt space between the bottom of the basket and your finger...don't know if I am making any sense here...

I think your ring would look stunning with a bezel milgrained oval halo and a tapered polished milgrain shank.

Here's an idea of what you could consider for the underneath/basket... although this seems a bit busy... but ideas are endless!
http://www.faycullen.com/Engagement-Rings/9296/

http://www.faycullen.com/Engagement-Rings/9272/

http://www.faycullen.com/Engagement-Rings/9289/

Also gives you another look at the oval/tapered shank look... which I really love!!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you familiar with the Tiffany legacy? It can give you another more simple idea of what the underneath of your ring could possibly look like... but you have to imagine the ring with an oval bezel halo... with milgrain and no pave on the shank... oh, and add the tapering on the shank :)

legacy.jpg

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Fi.Z|1367351140|3437611 said:
Are you familiar with the Tiffany legacy? It can give you another more simple idea of what the underneath of your ring could possibly look like... but you have to imagine the ring with an oval bezel halo... with milgrain and no pave on the shank... oh, and add the tapering on the shank :)

Love this!!!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've contacted them before they are so super nice and helpful! And their prices are very reasonable!

Worth giving them a call.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw this on the JbEG site :love: :love: Makes me want to sell my Oval and just buy this :naughty:

img_0914-m.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you make that with some graduated ovals and the center you already have??

Eta oh I'm loving this idea. I'm doing a graduated 5 stone myself so of course I'm a sucker for it. Bezeled 5stone with graduated ovals and a slight split or tapered shank? Oh think of the possibilities!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Dang girl, you are good!!! I never even considered that :naughty:
The bezel 5 stone oval from JbEG made me realize how pretty their Bella with milgrain bezel would be :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not certain a bezel would work with that setting, though. :confused:

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
They told me the original Bella was an oval. Imagine this Bella and the diamond bezel set with the milgrain like the rest of the ring.
I think it would be really pretty.

bella_with_1.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember you saying it was made for an oval. I just am wondering how it would look with a bezel because it has those gaps in the halo

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I just love a delicate halo on an oval!

So pretty! :appl:

Can't wait to see what you decide! :naughty:

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1367521313|3438934 said:
I remember you saying it was made for an oval. I just am wondering how it would look with a bezel because it has those gaps in the halo

You are right about that, I already talked to JbEG and they thought it would be beautiful, but it is hard for me to imagine it so I think that's why I'm still so undecided about the Bella. Timeless designs are sending a few of their rings so I can see them in person. Also I am still waiting to here from Quest and ERD can basically do what I want once I decided what that is. I think I need a mental break,we are signing on our house tomorrow having a yardsale and all other little things happening right now so I need to stop thinking about my ring and hope it will just come to me when the time is right. I feel like I am trying to pressure myself into something, so I need a break ;-)

I just heard from a local store that I am able to have this ring made for my diamond, I like it, if I could add the Fi.Z halo to it that would be my dream ring. (I even think I would be okay without the tapered shank???)

_6014.jpg

71534-1007-p-z-fdb54002-c98f-4a9e-a374-718108dee068.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are right you need to maybe stop looking. Either for a while, or to just pull your trigger on something you love. You can find a million pretty rings, but by the end you have to just settle for what will best fit you.

That's lovely. Honestly i d send that picture to erd. Say I want this shank with this halo (fi za or the colored halo whichever you really want) and just let them create it for you

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If I had some funds right now, I think I'd go to JBEG for the Bella halo for my oval. (i did not do that originally because I had to use my original jeweler for the oval upgrade... then I added the halo :roll:

I agree though, it is hard to imagine it with an oval and not sure what it would look like (or if it is even possible) with bezel set. I wonder if they could possibly draw it up for you or show you pictures....?? then show us?!! LOL!!!! :love: For me, All of JBEg's stuff is just gorgeous, I would probably just send them my oval and say "make it a beautiful home!"...I would probably end up loving it no matter what! LOL!! :lol:

However, I really really think the Bella is just such a gorgeous design, with the thin shank and all the focus on the center stone and around the center stone. If only I would just happen to find 3K$ lying on the sidewalk! LOL !!!

The option are endless luvsdmb!!! We all admire all the wonderful pieces out there... but I think you might have to do some serious thinking alone, without us members, maybe consult your SO and make a decision that way. No matter what, your piece will be beautiful!! I think that is hwy there are some other members who have multiple 'erings'... because there really isn't just ONE design that we love... we love MANY!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results