shape
carat
color
clarity

My Oval Pink Sapphire - Ring Plans - comments welcome

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone -

I had a nice conversation with Bob at WF yesterday and told him that I would eventually be sending my sapphire there to be set. Now mind you, the sapphire is on its way to me so I'm not even sure I am going to keep it. The sapphire is 2.62 cts and I want it set like the Princess Diana/Kate ring. He originally proposed 12 x .05 stones but I had him redo it with 12 x .10 stones. The size of the sapphire is 8.9 x 7.2 and my finger size is 7.5.. I know its going to be way smaller than the original. Do you think the size stones I have chosen will give good finger coverage? I would like it to look substantial on my finger. Its so hard to imagine what it will look like. If anyone has a stone set in a similar fashion and would not mind providing me with their specs it would be greatly appreciated!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I have a ring in that fashion with two layers of diamonds. Maybe that would give you sufficient coverage? I'm sorry I don't know exact specs but I think it's a emerald somewhere between 2-4 cts (sold as 2ct from estate but I bet larger) and 3CTW diamonds on size 4.25. I would go with as large a melee as you can afford to get diana's look. I think 10 pointers would get you there.
graff2878009_0.jpg
Code:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I think the sapphire looks beautiful in your other thread!!
I was looking at a ring on the Diamonds by Lauren site that shows a 2.25 pear shaped center in a setting like you are talking about. The diamond halo uses 13 stones and totals 1.43 carats which comes out to .11 per stone (if I did my math right). I hope its OK to post the pic-if it's not look under the settings page for the picture. I think it looks like the perfect size!

r2436rc.jpg

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Kelpie - thanks for your reply BTW - your ring is gorgeous!

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Pink Jewel - You are right - that size stone looks to be a good size to surround the stone. Thanks for your opinion.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This isn't an oval, but it's a halo with larger diamonds. It's my one of my favorite sapphire settings here on PS. I like it because the prongs are in between the diamonds, instead of on the outside edge, which emphasizes the roundness of the diamonds and visually makes the prongs less prominent. It also makes the cluster/halo look more modern. This was a WF setting that was a copy of a Leon setting:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-lost-sapphire-has-been-found.93860/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-lost-sapphire-has-been-found.93860/[/URL]

Attachments

• lost.bmp
    519.1 KB · Views: 566
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results