shape
carat
color
clarity

My orange obsession...will it ever stop?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I have the sickness too.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
They are all so yummy! My favorite is the cushion 2.79, I think that is fanta!

Can''t wait to see finished rings.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Not to worry, I'm an orange fanatic myself, definately one of my very favorite colors. Love your gems, especially the 2.something spess! I also like observing how these colors change depending on the lighting, they can show several beautiful shades.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the colors! Orange is such a HAPPY color -- it would make me smile to wear something with those stones.
1.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 12:50:00 AM
Author: movie zombie
love the picture in the dish!

little three mines are, well, think cream cycle...the ice cream bar that''s orange on the outside and vanilla inside? its more like the outside....a creamy orange. best way i can describe it.

i''m working up a red spess appetitie!

mz
Thanks MZ! Mmmmm...now you got me thinking about orange creamsicles. Is it similar to a Fanta color or is it brighter?

Red spesses are definitely something else! They have so much presence, the color really jumps at you.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 1:03:24 AM
Author: sleepyspinel
It reminds me of one of those orange gel slice candies, really intense orange! :)

Date: 4/6/2010 12:38:13 AM
Author: platinumrock
I love how intense he looks here, almost glowy. Taken outside, shaded.

You can see a window in this pic, but it''s not that noticeable in real life.
YUM!
18.gif
Now you got me thinking about orange gel candies. That''s quite a compliment coming from someone who has an amazing spess collection.
1.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 8:49:08 AM
Author: Chrono
Wow, your reddish orange spess is really knocking my socks off. Not only the size but the intensity of colour! And your fanta soda is making sooooooooooooooo thirsty!
9.gif
Woohoo!!! I have Chrono''s spess approval! And that''s not easy to do either, coming from the Fanta spess queen.
9.gif

I still dream of owning a perfect Fanta colored spess like yours.
30.gif
But Sunkist and Saffron will have to do for now.

Red and orange are my favorite colors, so it''s like getting the best of both worlds.
3.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Kismet, thank you! You are absolutely right, now I''m already thinking about green and pink. Gah, the madness!

Y2kitty, how do you cope with this sickness? And judging from the beautiful orange stone in your avatar (is that a spess?), you''re already a goner. So tell me, what kinds of orange goodies have you acquired so far?
31.gif
Do tell.

Yingh, thank you! I''m glad you like them because your Richard Homer spess is one of my favorites. It''s so beautiful! Your stone has that Fanta orange color that I just swoon over, but I''m honored that you think mine looks like one too. It''s more like a Fanta knock-off. Hehee! By the way, I am in love with my LOGR Lotus ring. Thanks for posting pics of yours, because that was my inspiration.

Mr. Ma Re, thank you for the kind words! From one orange lover to another. Gosh, it feels nice to know that I''m not alone. I probably shouldn''t say this because I love colored diamonds, but my spesses make my deep yellow-orange diamond look pale in comparison. The colors are just out of this world! And this is my first time owning spesses. Now I know what all the fuss is about.

ZoeBartlett, thank you! You are right, orange is a very happy color. That may be why I''m so drawn to it. It just radiates warm and positive energy. Are those orange tulips in your avatar? They''re beautiful! What a nice contrast with the green!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I love all of your beautiful oranges! so delicious looking
3.gif

if I thought orange would look good against my skin, it would so be on my wish list.... drool
2.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the little three mines can be quite crystaline and yet somehow dreamy at the same time if that makes any sense. i can see the difference between the two i have from the same mine and my big girl 8.18 nigerian spess. not fanta, not red......i can''t even think of a liquor that it would compare to color-wise. tried to take some pictures again this afternoon of two aquas, one marquis little 3 mines spess, my lovely from gene mali but it was once again a no go. the 2nd little three mines is oval but smaller than the marquis and the better of the two. i did not try and take a photo of it due to my lack of success with the larger ones. sigh.

i really am loving that red spess and have looked online at one or two...ok, i admit its more like at least 4. i''m also contemplating a 3rd little three mines spess.......

out orange spot, out i say.....my kingdom for another spess....

mz

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad to see someone else who loves the oranges rather than the pinks! They just look better on me. Your collection is gorgeous!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so pretty platinumrock!!
36.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Kas Baby, thank you! Seriously, I have to remind myself not to lick them because the spesses remind me of orange and cherry jolly ranchers. Do you have a warm or cool skin tone? I have olive skin, so warm colors like yellow, red and orange go well with me somehow. But who cares about skin tone! Go get yourself some yummy orange goodies and enjoy!
3.gif

MZ, oh how I wish I could see those pics! Now I''m very curious about these yummy orange creamsicle spesses. And I''d love to see these stones in your collection! You know, you can always send them to me and I''ll take pics for ya.
31.gif
You should definitely get a red spess! Just be sure that the stone does not have any brown undertones, and it''s well-cut because they will look even darker in person with more distinction. Can I ask what made you choose a spess for our e-ring? A few years ago, I would have never considered it but now that I have more experience with colored stones, it makes sense. If you love color and you want more bang for your budget, a colored stone e-ring will definitely give you more options. By the way, where can I go about finding a Little Mine spess online?

Aprilbaby, thank you! I agree, orange also looks better on me than pink. Unless it''s an orangy pink or pinkish orange. But it''s nice to know another orange fan!

Brandy, thank you! I''m glad you like them!
1.gif

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
platinumrock, well the stone in my avatar is a spess. Love it! I also have an orange opal (see it in this thread) that is unset. But the orange bug has bit me and I''d practically sell myself on a corner for a fanta orange spess with excellent clarity.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
platinumrock, well the stone in my avatar is a spess. Love it! I also have an orange opal (see it in this thread) that is unset. But the orange bug has bit me and I''d practically sell myself on a corner for a fanta orange spess with excellent clarity.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
we actually started looking at diamonds....that''s how i found PS. the more i saw of white diamonds, the more i found them boring and the more i realized i liked color....and i wasn''t having any luck finding champagnes or even anything above an "h" at the time. then i tripped onto the color stones forum after i had devoured the diamond thread several times doing my diamond research.... it was in that forum i found rwise.com and tripped when i saw richard wise''s color stones....and then i really zoned out when i saw the picture of the spess, so i called him. i looked at some other spess that was to be seen locally at upper end type jewelers and was not impressed. so i talked to richard again, he sent it to me, and the rest is history. it really was love at first sight. it wasn''t cheap....but the difference was eye-popping to what i''d seen others offering for 1/2 the price.......i like the unique and an orange e-ring is certainly that!

do an online search for Little Three Mine, Ramona, California and something should pop up. my first little three mine is a marquis that richard had had for a long time in the safe. my 2nd came from a seller i found at another gem forum that i''m not allowed to mention here.

mz

ps do a search in PS for a poster named "Mine". she and i were both originally going to set our spess in a makume gane setting and both changed our minds. she went with a richard homer concave cut set with a halo...i don''t think her stone needed that halo but it was certainly gorgeous. see if you can find it; its worth it.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 11:45:32 PM
Author: movie zombie
we actually started looking at diamonds....that''s how i found PS. the more i saw of white diamonds, the more i found them boring and the more i realized i liked color....and i wasn''t having any luck finding champagnes or even anything above an ''h'' at the time. then i tripped onto the color stones forum after i had devoured the diamond thread several times doing my diamond research.... it was in that forum i found rwise.com and tripped when i saw richard wise''s color stones....and then i really zoned out when i saw the picture of the spess, so i called him. i looked at some other spess that was to be seen locally at upper end type jewelers and was not impressed. so i talked to richard again, he sent it to me, and the rest is history. it really was love at first sight. it wasn''t cheap....but the difference was eye-popping to what i''d seen others offering for 1/2 the price.......i like the unique and an orange e-ring is certainly that!

do an online search for Little Three Mine, Ramona, California and something should pop up. my first little three mine is a marquis that richard had had for a long time in the safe. my 2nd came from a seller i found at another gem forum that i''m not allowed to mention here.

mz

ps do a search in PS for a poster named ''Mine''. she and i were both originally going to set our spess in a makume gane setting and both changed our minds. she went with a richard homer concave cut set with a halo...i don''t think her stone needed that halo but it was certainly gorgeous. see if you can find it; its worth it.
Wow, what a wonderful journey you took to find your 8.18 spess beauty! Do people stop you all the time to ask about your ring? Thanks for sharing your story, I know I can completely relate with you. I originally had an H e-ring and I loved it for a few years. Then something in me changed. I grew bored with the white color. I needed more Ooomph. More pizzaz. Something that matched my personality better. I also wanted something unique, something different. So that''s when my searched for a colored diamonds began. I have been hooked ever since!

Thanks for the info on Little Three Mines.

By the way, I''ve always been drawn to Mine''s avatar. The color of her stone just jumps at you, it''s so striking. I love it in the halo as well!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 9:36:51 PM
Author: y2kitty
LMAO!!! You crack me up, Y2kitty! I would love a Fanta spess the size of Movie Zombies, so I''d be standing on that corner with you.
11.gif

Your orange opal is stunning! Are you going to set it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results