carat
color
clarity

My OEC is set!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW. :kiss2: Is there a thread on the stone?

cheers--Sharon

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all! PS is filled with the nicest people. I'll be back tomorrow with answers to any questions and some profile shots-- I'm up far too late as it is!

L

lydial

@jaaron Wear in good health. THAT is a killer jewel!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! Perfection!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing!!! It looks like a setting that it might have been in all its life...I really like that!

Thank you.

I love the super thin bezel! Gorgeous!

Thanks, Bonfire. I had assumed the bezel would be more noticeable, but am surprised by how much I like it this way.

This is just stunning! Congratulations!

Thank you!

Your ring looks amazing!!! Congratulations! Turned out perfectly!

Thank you. I'd been subbing other rings in the meantime, but was really missing looking down and seeing those OEC flashes.

What a gorgeous ring! It looks stunning on your finger. Congratulations!!!

Lol. I did notice that the camera angle in the real life perspective shots seem to have been fairly flattering to my stubby fingers and old lady hands. Need to try to remember how that happened for future shots...

Oh it’s a match made in heaven! The halo really suits your stunning oec—very romantic! Would love to see profile shots!

I was really torn on halo or no halo, but am glad I went with it in the end. Profile shots belowl

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on a MAGNIFICENT ring!!

Thank you.

What a beauty!!

Thank you.

It’s old school craftsmanship and a gorgeous home for your spectacular diamond. Perfection. Do you have a separate link on the diamond? Who was the setting designer? Congratulations on the superb outcome representing a lot of thought and effort.

Thank you. The setting designer is William Welstead. Below is a link to my Rocky Talk thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-have-an-opinion-on-this-oec.258593/

Came out beautifully!

Thank you.

Now this is just stunning! That diamond looks like it has been in this setting all its life. The halo is perfect & has that delicate petal edge that I adore on older stones, giving it a really romantic look. And the diamind is HUGE! Did you buy that over here too?

Who made the setting? It's so fabulous to come across a UK jeweller worth their metal :kiss2:

Thanks, Alex. The diamond didn't come in a ring holder, so I hadn't had it on my hand before it was set, which might have been a good thing, because I'm not sure I would have haloed it if I'd realised how big it was. I was actually shocked when I put in on for the first time. I bought it from the states. I did spend a bit of time looking here, but the inventory is so scarce the prices tend to be high enough that even with import duties and vat it works out better to buy from the states.

The jeweller is William Welstead. I spend quite a while trying to find someone I felt confident with, but his work is really stunning. He has some incredible stones, too.

it is so beautiful! you wear it so well! it's perfect on your hand. the ring looks very well and finely constructed. would love to see profile shots, if you don't mind??

may it bring you endless joy and delight!

Thank you. Profile shots below.

The design is perfect but the execution! Wow. That is incredible craftsmanship that so many of strive to find.

It is perfection and ill join the profile pics chorus

Thank you. The workmanship is very different than my Victor Canera-- definitely a bit less refined, but that was what I was looking for this time.

Beautiful. I’d love to see the gallery

Thank you.

Such a gorgeous ring. Just love that setting. Wear it in good health.

Thank you-- the good health wishes being particularly apt at this moment! For all of us.

this is gorgeous

Thank you. And I know this is off-topic, but peonies are my absolute favourite flowers. I try to have them everywhere when they're in season.

Your diamond and setting are perfect together! Gorgeous!

Thank you so much-- it means a lot coming from you as you have great taste.

Gorgeous!

ETA: Deets on the stone, please?

The stone is a perfect illustration for me of needing to see OECs in person because on paper it shouldn't get a second look. It's a GIA 3.08 M SI1 with only fair polish, good symmetry and strong blue fluorescence. The table is 54 percent.

Talk about finger coverage. The OEC was big without the halo.

I know! I said in the Rocky Talk thread that 3 carats was my outside limit. My old one was 2.25 and this seems considerably bigger. We'll have to see if DSS sets in...

WOW! I don't like halos as a rule but looking at this, you've got the perfect balance of delicate framing and size and I love this halo. Your stone looks incredible in this setting.
Who is the jeweller? That bezel and the proportions are perfect.

Aww, thank you. William Welstead-- I can't say enough good things about him.

Stunning! The faceting on your stone is one of my favorites on PS. Do you have the proportions from the cert?

Thank you. It's 9.28 - 9.47 x 5.69 mm. The table is 54%, so on the larger side for an OEC I think?

It is BEAUTIFUL! so perfect for the stone!!! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Thank you. I've been ogling yours lately.

Oh my! How gorgeous!! Please give us more details on the stunning stone. Also as a fellow Brit pricescoper, we need to know who made that delectable setting!

Thank you! All answered above.

@jaaron Wear in good health. THAT is a killer jewel!

So gorgeous! Perfection!

Thank you!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty! I love everything about it!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I had wanted the stone set as low as possible and a very plain gallery, which is what I got. My gorgeous Emily had pave in the band and on the pavilion. I loved it on the band, but somehow felt it limited the bands I could wear with it. For some reason, no matter how many others I tried, I only liked it paired with a plain band. And I know others differ on this, but I honestly felt that the pave on the pavilion didn't add anything for me. I almost never saw it and didn't think it had nearly as much sparkle as the rest, possibly because it accrued dirt and oil from lotions, etc. faster?

Anyway, my low, plain pavilion-- now looking forward to pairing it with different bands.

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 11.52.28.png Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 11.53.05.png Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 11.53.22.png

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
you made the right decision! there is a high chance victor would not accept the stone anyway. so you saved time! congrats!!!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
you made the right decision! there is a high chance victor would not accept the stone anyway. so you saved time! congrats!!!

Hi Stonehunter,

I'm not sure if you had an unfortunate experience with Victor. I hope not, but I just wanted to say for clarity (in case anyone else is considering going to him) that he did set my first OEC. The ring was lovely and the experience of working with them was perfectly nice. I just didn't want the hassle of international shipping, dealing with insurance, etc., particularly with the uncertainties around Covid and how it could affect shipping.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!!!!! Awesome!!! Well done congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having way too much fun taking pictures of it

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.06.38.png Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.07.55.png Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.08.54.png

Your bling photo taking skills are amazing @jaaron and we can really appreciate the beauty of your OEC. The faceting is TDF gorgeous. LOVE LOVE LOVE. And the setting you created is perfect. :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is just gorgeous - congrats!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I triple LOVE this superlicious OEC. Wow!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed this thread first time around!!

I love a bezel halo :love: And your bezel is so delicate, and your halo - the tilt, the prong style, the stone size - so perfectly complementary. It's like your OEC is dressed for the ballet, delicate skirt flaring just so... :love:

Your jeweller did such marvellous work!! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I missed this thread too! Your ring is perfection! The stone is just stunning and the setting is timeless! Congrats!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like how the halo of diamonds appear to be at a slight slant! Just perfection!

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One word. STUNNING!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi @jaaron ! I love the proportions of your setting. Do you happen to recall how big the halo stones are? And did you use full cuts or single cuts? Thanks-I'm trying to get a handle on what would be best for my OEC setting.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks HUGE and beautiful. What a stunning stone. Congratulations.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all who replied after I was last on this thread. I'm still really loving it, although, believe it or not, finding it a little big. The difference between this one and my 2.25 feels huge. I'm hoping that once life goes back to normal and I'm out and about and dressed like a normal person again, I'll get more used to it.

@lulu_ma - I do know they're single cuts, but don't know the size. Both times I've had OECs set, I've left basically everything up to the jewellers. Both Victor and the jeweller who made this one--who has a more modern aesthetic than Victor--recommend single cuts in jewellery with old cuts.

I will also say that I'm not hugely colour sensitive, and, in fact old diamonds with a bit of colour, but I've never been bothered by any slight colour difference between the centre stone and the melee. I do think I'd notice with a modern diamond, but old cuts show so differently, I don't really see it.

I can't wait to see your finished ring- I'm sure it will be gorgeous no matter what you decide. Pasted below, two art deco settings I saved when deciding on a setting.

Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 13.18.28.png Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 13.18.09.png

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@jaaron thanks for getting back to me! I love how your ring turned out. The designer nailed the proportions of the melee perfectly imo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results