shape
carat
color
clarity

My OEC is (almost) here!!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
This is my original thread about the ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mvs1-oec-from-mark-broumand.255916/

My engagement ring has been a little bit delayed because of SIP in California but we just got an email from Mark saying that it's ready to be shipped! I wanted to share the video so people are able to see the setting!

I know I'm being extremely picky but do the prongs seem a bit heavy from the top view? I can't tell how I feel about how "round" they are instead of wrapping around the stone a bit more. Also the curve area by the donut seems a bit thick too...but I wonder if it won't be obvious at all once I try it on on my finger? Any and all thoughts on this would be super helpful!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.59.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.59.40 PM.png

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my original thread about the ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mvs1-oec-from-mark-broumand.255916/

My engagement ring has been a little bit delayed because of SIP in California but we just got an email from Mark saying that it's ready to be shipped! I wanted to share the video so people are able to see the setting!

I know I'm being extremely picky but do the prongs seem a bit heavy from the top view? I can't tell how I feel about how "round" they are instead of wrapping around the stone a bit more. Also the curve area by the donut seems a bit thick too...but I wonder if it won't be obvious at all once I try it on on my finger? Any and all thoughts on this would be super helpful!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.59.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.59.40 PM.png

So exciting!! Can’t wait to see hand shots!!!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, it's so beautiful! I agree with Matthews1127 - can't wait for your hand shots!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock

FullSizeRender.jpeg

It's really beautiful

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I think it’s beautiful!
Don’t be too quick to decide about the prongs, it could be a trick of the photo perspective.

that's true...I have seen reflections from prongs that make them look very different depending on the light. Thanks for the perspective, balances out my crazy :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love it in the photos and don't think they will look big IRL.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh my it’s so beautiful!!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I really like the setting. The prongs won’t look big in person. Please post pictures, handshots as soon as you receive it. Can’t wait!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Wait til you receive it and get to know it before you make any changes. So exciting. ❤️

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely! And definitely wait until you see it in person before you decide there are elements that bother you.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it is gorgeous!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I really love it in the photos and don't think they will look big IRL.

Thank you!! Yea I'm reminding myself that the video (which I couldn't post) is very zoomed in hahaha.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I really like the setting. The prongs won’t look big in person. Please post pictures, handshots as soon as you receive it. Can’t wait!!!

Thanks Joelly! I plan to post tons of handshots hehe. I only wish I could post the video, the quality is much more clear!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! Wait til you receive it and get to know it before you make any changes. So exciting. ❤

Thank you Missy!! I'll definitely have to wear it for a bit and decide. I would also assume some of the thicker parts are better for sturdiness.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
It's lovely! And definitely wait until you see it in person before you decide there are elements that bother you.

Agreed! I'm sure Mark will think I'm crazy if I try to describe what I want changed without seeing it in person :lol:

crombopulent

Rough_Rock
hi moonie, I love the way your ring turned out!! it's stunning and I think it suits your stone even better than the inspiration setting from ring concierge would have.

I was curious about the difference you mentioned though and couldn't really articulate it until I viewed them side by side. Different shapes aside, I think what you're seeing is that the prongs in your ring change the outline of the center stone (in a striking way imo!), while the prongs on the inspiration ring kind of blend into the outline of its center stone.

1590172689074.png

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
hi moonie, I love the way your ring turned out!! it's stunning and I think it suits your stone even better than the inspiration setting from ring concierge would have.

I was curious about the difference you mentioned though and couldn't really articulate it until I viewed them side by side. Different shapes aside, I think what you're seeing is that the prongs in your ring change the outline of the center stone (in a striking way imo!), while the prongs on the inspiration ring kind of blend into the outline of its center stone.

1590172689074.png

Thank you so much! Being the picky and detail-obsessed person that I am, I've been staring at the differences in the prongs for Ring Concierge's own engagement ring and some of the other ones she's recreated. Her personal ring is an OMC so I think the way her prongs wrap around her diamond really suits the cushiony-round shape. And I agree that it blends into her ring, it's a super interesting effect!

I looked at a few of the more "wrapped" prongs for OECs and I realized that it doesn't suit the round shape as much, it gives it a sort of pointy square looking effect (https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17863089532705273/). I do agree that the prongs on my own ER keeps the roundness of the OEC which I like!

Haha thanks for analyzing it with me, I've probably stared at the video of the ring at least a dozen times :D

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
@crombopulent I remember you were also looking for OECs in a similar price range last time I posted, are you still looking? Curious to know about your diamond search too!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Joelly! I plan to post tons of handshots hehe. I only wish I could post the video, the quality is much more clear!

To post a video, you can upload your video onto YouTube. Afterward you can post the link to your YouTube video in your post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results