shape
carat
color
clarity

My OEC in MrsSalvo''s (modified) Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought you all might like to see more pics. I received it on Saturday morning while eating my breakfast, still in my pajamas! Because I live in such a backwater place, I only received my Next Day delivery 2 days later. What a pain it was as I stayed home all day Friday waiting for the package.

MrsSalvo's ring is so amazing. The workmanship is very fine and more delicate in person. Even the inner surfaces of the setting is highly polished. Everything looks very magnified in these pictures, but in person, it is a dainty thing (but sturdy).

Quest did a great job with the bezel and milgrain. I think the bezel actually highlights the OEC. It looks even more mosiac than when unset. The diamond lights up like stained glass (funky large flashes). I love it. Plus now I have the added bonus of not having to worry about chipping the girdle.

Adrian View 2.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another view.

Adrian View 3.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A more realistic picture because it is so hard to see the details unless the ring is really close to the eye.

Adrian Image 3.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet another picture from Quest.

Adrian Image 4.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top down view.

Copy of Adrian View 1A.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am amazed they were able to modify the prong setting to a bezel. Just goes to show what can be done. I was confused at first and thought you had a repro of MrsSalvo''s ring made, until I realized it was indeed her old OEC setting.

I love the milgrain on the bezel and had voted in favor of you getting it, and I am glad to see that it really looks so lovely and accents the stone and the setting like I just knew it could!!! Really finishes the look.

I''m curious - do you have a 3.5 finger size as well, or how far up were they able to size it?

Again, truly stunning - the stone, the ring modification, everything, superb!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, congrats!! It looks fabulous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, that ring is beautiful! I truely love it! So is it a RHR? And what do you mean it''s MrsSalvo''s? Did the setting used to be her''s?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The details are exquisite and the milgraining very, very fine. (just the way I like!) I can''t wait to see hand shots.
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the ring was MrsSalvo's. It was originally a 4 prong setting (NSEW type) for her OEC in size 3.5 or 3.25. Yup, she has really tiny fingers. Something happened to her OEC (I think it chipped) and she managed to get it settled with her insurance company. The setting then was at Bill Pearlman's on consignment for a few months.

I had ogled the setting for quite a while and thought the price was superb. After getting a tidy sum from my company in the form of a bonus, I decided to get an OEC as a present to myself. I have been secretly coveting an Old European or Old Mine cut diamond for a while but had no idea how to pick one, nor had the funds for it. Well, this was my opportunity!

Whiteflash (Bob Hoskins) has been a pleasure to work with. I also worked with Josh at DCD/James Allen, Leigh at Antique Engagement Rings and Ari at Singlestone. All these vendors were polite and fun to talk to. It just happens that WF had exactly what I wanted and was able to provide all the details that I needed.

I was prepared to just put it in a plain bezel setting or cheapo reproduction then remembered MrsSalvo's ring for sale at Pearlman's. However, when I called, I was disappointed to be told that it cannot be resized to 4.5 because of the micropave stuff. So I kept on looking and called different designers (Peter Indorf who was so wonderful and sweet and Etienne Perret was also a darling to work with), ERD, AER and my local jeweler to talk about various settings. Many of these were just out of my budget but if I had the cash, I'd surely get a designer ring!

Lo and behold, later I found out that ECF8503 had called the MrsSalvo's setting in as she was thinking of resetting her diamond into it. She had talked to Quest previously and they said it wasn't a problem to size it as they had the right tools (laser) to do the job. After ECF decided that the ring just wasn't her (lucky me because I don't know how she resisted the beauty of the ring), I bought it from Pearlman's after reaffirming with Quest that it's okay to resize the ring.

Quest were very accomodating and initially told me that the diamond was probably too large to bezel set, so we talked about trying to set it lower. A week later, they told me that it is done and it is bezel set! Whoa! Then we talked about milgraining the bezel. Hap didn't think it would look good but will think about it. The next day, he called to say he changed his mind and thought it would complement the milgrained micropave on the shank. Quest got it done in a day.

And that is the story of my RHR.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well your new right hand ring turned out beautifully! I loved Mrssalvo''s setting and I think it looks even better with the changes you''ve made!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is amazing! Congrats on your new beauty
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will we get to see some handpics? Love to see how that baby looks on the hand...
30.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow, great story Chrono! Now I do remember when ECF had the ring for inspection. How cool that you got it in the end!! Your stone looks perfect in it and the milgraining is the perfect touch. Beautiful
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I''m truly amazed that Quest could completely change the size and the design of the ring making it a bezel! I wish I could see this baby in person. It is absolutey beautiful. I loved it when MrsSalvo had it, and I love it with the bezel too!!! You did get an incredible deal. Please post hand shots!!!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2006 3:37:39 PM
Author: Sundial
Well your new right hand ring turned out beautifully! I loved Mrssalvo''s setting and I think it looks even better with the changes you''ve made!!!

I agree completely. The stone and bezel really looks beautiful. Doesn''t Quest do amazing work? The detail of the ring is so amazing and the pictures really do not do it justice. I''m so glad it went to a good home where I know it will be loved and appreciated
12.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love it, it is very beautiful! The detail work is
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, it looks fantastic! and love the guys at Quest- they are the best
36.gif

(and um, where are the hand shots??)

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s absolutely stunning! I love mrssalvo''s ring so any other versions of it are just yummy too! Great job from Quest. Hand shots please!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!!! I loved this ring before and I love it now w/ the bezel (and the milgrain turned out AWESOME!!)....How wonderful to have this special setting in a new pair of loving hands!!! Woohoo!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a P-scope Frankenring First!! (Frankenstein = master creation of spare parts, get it?)

I love it''s vintage/modern feel and detail. NEED. HAND PIX. NOW!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Chrono - it is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I really like the way it turned out - ya know it never occurred to me to bezel set it? I''m very impressed - Quest did a great job with it, eh? I can''t wait to see some hand shots!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is so beautiful! I don''t think I''ve ever seen a milgrain bezel before. Just absolutely a work of art.
21.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it''s been two times a beauty!

Beautiful ring - so glad that someone could use it. Nice story, too!

Congrats!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s simply stunning Chrono!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Beautiful ring!! Congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW, it turned out so lovely! I''m glad they ended up adding the milgrain on the bezel....looks perfect!!!!!

wow, what an awesome RHR ring,....hhmmmm, I want one too!
41.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Congrutulations!!!
36.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your ring is really beautiful!! I love the setting! Congratulations!
30.gif

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!!
30.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
30.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/30.gif" border="0">

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results