shape
carat
color
clarity

My OEC Finally finds a home in Quest Manufacturing Custom Vintage Tiffany Inspired Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
last but not least...

questflower5.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
18.gif
WOW!! beautiful! what great pics!!
it looks HUGE! and beautiful
2.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks belle. I just told my hubby he would have to take some pics later, he is MUCH better than I am. Hopefully he can capture some color flashes off the stone,

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
i was hoping that was not the end of the pictures! ......looking forward to more
2.gif
36.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs Salvo, your ring is absolutely stunning. The guys at Quest have done an outstanding job, the detail looks superb. Congratulations, you really have a winner on your hand!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Quest does it again!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

DiamondLil

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
Too beautiful for words!!!
30.gif
The setting is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! For a while now I have been considering talking to Quest about doing a setting for me. I''ll have to PM you and diamondlil later this year if that is what I end up doing. Quest continues to impress me!

More pics please!!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buena Girl, I can''t say enough about how great it was to work with the brothers at Quest. I had to do everything long distance and they were great. They were promt to return my many phone calls thoughout the process. I plan on having them make me a matching wedding band sometime in the future
31.gif

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
That is such a gorgeous ring! I love the gallery and its height.
So how does it look with your eternity band?
Any chance of seeing a pic of them together? (I know you''re going for that milgrain custom band...
9.gif
)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2005 10:43:34 PM
Author: bluedawg

Any chance of seeing a pic of them together? (I know you're going for that milgrain custom band...
9.gif
)

well...the rings just don't look good together at all
7.gif
i was hoping it would work b/c i love the bling on the eternity band but it's almost like they are completing with each other. the eternity band distracts from the dainty/antique design of the e-ring. i'll try to get a pic and post if it i able to capture what i'm saying on film. the matching band would only be 1.7mm and is way more low key, just a hint of sparkle...
poor hubby, he thought this was all going to be over...
38.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo, those hand pics took my breath away...just beautiful.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
had to take another look at this one, so pretty ! I am sure you are just l oving it! :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, hubby has been too busy to help with some pics yet, so i tried a few of my own

questfireshot1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

questfireshot2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one..

questfireshot3.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2005 10:43:34 PM
Author: bluedawg

Any chance of seeing a pic of them together? (I know you''re going for that milgrain custom band...
9.gif
)

here ya go

questwband1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
side view with eternity band

questwband2.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow mrssalvo! you captured the fire of that stone beautifully!
36.gif
i am in love!
30.gif

hmmmmm.....i think the eternity band looks good with the ring.
3.gif
the proportions are nice
2.gif

*IF* you go custom with the band, would you do a design similar to the sides of the e-ring or would you just go straight pave?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would go with a straight pave band that would be about 1.7mm wide. it would have the same miligrain edge that is in the ering, so it would be like one strands of the ribbon straightened out, if that makes sense.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
found a picture...the band would look like this..

L1107plA.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i still think the proportions are just right with your present eternity band....it''s a nice balance. i also really really like the millegrain band you posted. if you want the matching look, that would be perfect.
18.gif
what do you think? what kind of look do you want?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mrs Salvo I love it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS...

I think that the eternity ring looks very nice with the ring but it''s hard to see, any way to get closer up on the images with both rings? The massive amounts of sparkle are blinding me.
9.gif

Personally I say if you feel like the current eternity does not match, get one custom made, why not? I am a big fan of ''matching'' and stuff bugs me if it doesn''t go perfectly, which is why when I had my e-ring made I told them that I was going to get a matching w-ring to sit flush so to ensure to design for that. I knew how much it would drive me nuts otherwise.

So I can totally understand how you may feel like the current eternity does not GO...in fact from the side view I can see that it does look fairly ''modern'' as opposed to the milgrained item which seems more vintage and romantic like your ring!

Either way I think it''s fab...but if you want the new milgrain matching ring, I say GET IT!
2.gif

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
OK, I agree w/ Mara that I need a closer pic of the two rings together. What I see, though, is nice. I know you aren''t crazy about the e-band''s look with your new setting but really, really, really it looks nice together.

By all means, go for the custom band when the time is right (that set will be
30.gif
AMAZING
30.gif
) but I think you should feel totally fine wearing the e-band with the new setting until then. The e-band doesn''t compete, nor detract from the e-ring. It doesn''t look "matchy-matchy" but still looks great, IMO.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What fire! That baby is gorgeous on your hand. Thanks for sharing more pics.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll try to get a closer pic. thanks for the feedback
1.gif
I''m definitely going to go for the matching wedding band sometime in the future
31.gif
I''m so glad I had Quest take all the measurments before they shipped my ring to me. All I have to do is call them when I''m ready to place the order.
36.gif

I feel like I''m newly engaged, I can''t keep looking at the ring. It really is exactly how I hoped it would be
36.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
wow mrssalvo, it's beautiful!
30.gif
love your hand shots, congrats
1.gif

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo-
Your ring is stunning ...and the OEC? Most beautiful!
Luv

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Love your ring!!!
emwink.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo,
Your ring is just on fire and looks great with the eternity band!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results