shape
carat
color
clarity

my oec ering has arrived! pics and questions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
I like the setting as is but I prefer a lower profile on almost all rings. it''s beautiful!!! congratulations!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is absolutely STUNNING the way it is!

missismene

Shiny_Rock
i am going to our local jeweler in the morning to have prongs checked. the reply about the prongs worries me! I wondered something myself.
thanks!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is stunning as it is!!! Just gorgeous!!!! And you have beautiful hands!!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great the way it is. I love vintage looks. So pretty! Enjoy it and can''t wait to see the band you find

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so pretty!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Woah! LOVE it!!! That setting is stunning - I wouldn''t change it a bit! It''s absolutely beautiful!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif

missismene

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for all your responses. I LOVE it so much. It came in on Thursday and I am just still admiring it!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love it just as it is, just gorgeous. I am a huge fan of OEC''s
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missismene - I looked up the shop name because I wanted to see if they have a website, and they do it, except they don't have inventory posted, just a few pieces, and it looks like yours is one of them!!! Did they show you the matching band?

Oh, and I realized why I like your ring so much!! It reminds me a great deal of mine. My ring also has the cut-outs under the side diamonds.

Were they able to tell you anything about the history of your ring?

planet_jp

Rough_Rock
Hi, Missismene. I''m a major lurker and have never posted on this forum - mainly because I don''t have anything worth posting! But I just had to come and say how much I love your ring! I love the low profile and think it would be a mistake to change it. The profile is VERY elegant and has a beautiful "flowiness" to it.

Enjoy your gorgeous ring!
Janet

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!
30.gif

Mrs.2Artists

missismene

Shiny_Rock
Loving, I didn''t even know he had a site! That is my ring. I was thinking to have custom bands but now I am liking the one he had with it originally, maybe? Did you like the look?

I would love to see your ring. I am not good at searching on this site.

He didn''t really have any history at all, which made me a little sad. But I have great imaginary ones!

missismene

Shiny_Rock
planet, thank you so much! i told my friends it floats on my finger, it is so dainty and like you said flowy.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 1:36:00 PM
Author: missismene
Loving, I didn't even know he had a site! That is my ring. I was thinking to have custom bands but now I am liking the one he had with it originally, maybe? Did you like the look?

I would love to see your ring. I am not good at searching on this site.

He didn't really have any history at all, which made me a little sad. But I have great imaginary ones!
Yes! I adore the way they look together. They were made to be together, after all! If I were you, I would call them, make sure they still have it and see if they can hold it for you until you can come in to see it.

As far as a custom band goes, I think it would be hard to replicate the delicate quality of your engagement ring. Your ring was made by hand, and those two rings were made to go together!! You can always purchase another band to wear with it sometimes, if you'd like. People do that here all the time.

I'm a little worried that the shop may have sold the band already. I can't believe that they wouldn't have shown you the band too. Wait, did you visit the shop yourself? Maybe your FI already has the band?!?!?

In any case, as a precaution, I'd go back to your post where you identified the shop name and ask the moderators to remove that post (hit the report button). I'm sure that may sound a little crazy, but often people will post eBay finds on here, only to find them snatched up a short time later. Maybe crazy, but better to be safe than sorry . . .

I will find my ring link and will post here for you.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
missismene -

what a beautiful ring and stone! i chuckled when you referred to your ''little stone''. i think most of us here woul dlove a ''little stone'' like yours!

for my 2 cents worth - i wouldn''t change a thing either. i love vintage and antique jewelry and it''s part of the period style for it to be low set - and yours is very special. i''m right with the post that suggests you get the prongs checked tho!

a beautiful ring - congratulations! :)

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Love it love it LOVE it! The stone, the setting, the low profile (but yeah that prong looks a bit precarious) other than that - it''s perfect! Congrats!

- Jodie -

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my, that is breathtaking! beautiful miss - i woudn''t change a thing (except making sure the prongs are secure and if not, having them reworked). enjoy!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love your ring. It is beautiful. I love OEC''s

missismene

Shiny_Rock
Loves, your ring is gorgeous. And they are very similar. I am talking to jeweler about band! I will keep you updated.
And the mods edited the page thank you for the heads up.

missismene

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone, and when I said my little diamond I just mean it affectionately. It is so gorgeous, I know how lucky I am.

We have been in the process of purchasing, gia certifying, negotiating, etc for the past two months, so when speaking with fi I call it "the little oec that could."

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 8:15:04 PM
Author: missismene
Loves, your ring is gorgeous. And they are very similar. I am talking to jeweler about band! I will keep you updated.
And the mods edited the page thank you for the heads up.
I''m so happy to hear that! I hope it works out for you! Definitely, let us know how it goes and post pics for us!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! And I wouldn''t change that setting one bit!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just beautiful! Congrats!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement. The setting is fantastic! I love how low it is to the hand. Your OEC stands out with out lifting off!
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks lovely just the way it is. Either way, I wouldn''t decide until you have your wedding ring picked out.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, gorgeous, perfection
30.gif

missismene

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for all the compliments.
I took the ring to my local jeweler and she said it looked worn and she could reinforce it for me.
So I will do that.
Thanks for all the much needed advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results