shape
carat
color
clarity

My new VRAM Iris solitaire

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Hello All~

For the past few months, I've been going back and forth about what to do with my ring. I love the setting, and I love the stone. I just don't love them together. I have long felt the setting detracted from my center stone.

First, I was going to upgrade my stone to a larger emerald cut; however, my jeweler changed his upgrade policy. He will still honor the 100% purchase price towards an upgraded stone, but if I want to continue the upgrade policy in the future, I can only get a round stone. He no longer offers a trade in for fancy cut stones. So, in order to keep an emerald cut, I'd have to upgrade significantly in size. Alas, that wasn't in the budget.

After deciding to keep my stone, I've been on the hunt for the perfect setting. I have saved so many images of ring settings -- modern, antique, simple, and complex, but nothing really resonated with me until Niel posted a bezel set asscher solitaire on someone else's thread. I knew when I saw that ring that I had found my setting.

Within a couple of days, I inquired with Vram about the Iris solitaire, received a quote, and mailed my ring to him.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about pathetic customer service with VRAM. Angela responded quickly and patiently to all of my questions and worries. Seriously, they have some of the best customer service out there. Amazing.

Here are a couple of pictures of my "before" setting and the "inspiration" setting--

_34606.jpg

_34607.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
And...here are my new rings -- 18kt rose gold with a platinum, milgrained bezel.

The milgrain is so tiny! I absolutely adore the setting. It's simply exquisite.

1.63 ct, J VS1, size 8.5

Lots of pictures coming your way!

_34608.jpg

_34609.jpg

_34610.jpg

_34611.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhhhh,LOVE this ring, so elegant, so classic and well made :love: :appl: :love:

Congratulations on a wonderful ring!!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh I love love love this! I've been so in love with this setting for so long

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
azstonie|1443230760|3931924 said:
Ohhhhhhh,LOVE this ring, so elegant, so classic and well made :love: :appl: :love:

Congratulations on a wonderful ring!!!!

Thank you!!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1443230784|3931925 said:
Gosh I love love love this! I've been so in love with this setting for so long

I can't thank you enough for posting my inspiration ring! If it wasn't for you, I'd still be looking!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Since I still love my old setting, I had VRAM find a colored stone that would fit into it. He found this 2.39 ct emerald cut periwinkle blue sapphire. It's a perfect fit and my favorite sapphire color. I'm a happy camper!

_34620.jpg

_34621.jpg

_34622.jpg

_34623.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The band that goes with it is so yummy.

Also great you get to still use the pave setting. Gives you an everyday look and a blingy look

deltalady

Rough_Rock
Both rings are gorgeous!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Your stone looks fantastic in the new setting! It's beautiful! :appl: Love that you were able to repurpose your old setting too! The sapphire looks like a perfect fit! :clap: Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous new setting and band! :love: The three wire shank just looks outstanding on both the e-ring and the band. Lovely milgrain...so well made! I have never heard of this jeweler. You should give their link.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Librarychickie -

Your ring is gorgeous! Could you tell us pls who Vram is, or who did the original inspiration ring? I think your new ring is so classically elegant! Beautiful!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Rockinruby|1443234251|3931961 said:
Your stone looks fantastic in the new setting! It's beautiful! :appl: Love that you were able to repurpose your old setting too! The sapphire looks like a perfect fit! :clap: Congrats!

Thanks!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
mrs-blop|1443236414|3931971 said:
Librarychickie -

Your ring is gorgeous! Could you tell us pls who Vram is, or who did the original inspiration ring? I think your new ring is so classically elegant! Beautiful!

I had never heard of him until Niel posted that asscher picture. The inspiration picture is a VRAM original, too. Apparently, his work has been in several magazines, and he's even provided jewels for stars to wear on the red carpet. Ha! Who knew? I'm so glad I found him, though.

The details are so delicate that I really couldn't get a good look at them until I took macro pictures of my ring. Either that's the reason, or my eyes are failing me!

Here's his website -- http://vramjewelry.com

There are also lots of pictures on his Facebook page and his Instagram account.

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
There are so many things I love about your new set- the gorgeous emerald cut stone, bezel with milgrain, rose gold, those gorgeous shanks!! And how wonderful that you can still wear your original ring with a beautiful sapphire. Congrats!! :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness the reset is so sleek and just plain gorgeous!! It looks so well made too.

I love your new periwinkle sapphire for your old setting too!! You have two gorgeous rings!! :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new rings! So glad you were able to find your perfect sapphire for your pave setting already. I am going to have to check out this jeweler. Thanks!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful. There is something about a vintage tri-wire band that makes my heart sing :love:

Your old setting is one of my favourites on PS, so I am happy you managed to find a stone to put in it. Which, incidentally, is my favourite colour in the world, so first dibs if you ever decide to sell it!! You have made my dream ring for me!! :love: :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set, well done!
:love:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous rings - so loving that sapphire :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings, and wonderful that you got a stone to go into the original setting. Both rings are gorgeous, but those tiny details of your new setting are just perfect. Congrats on both pieces and I hope you love them!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely emerald! Wear it in good health!! :appl:

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
I love the reset! I keep coming back to look again. :naughty:

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments! I truly appreciate them.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. The EC really pops with the new setting. I took a second for my eyes to get used to it, but I like it. I think it makes much more a statement. Congratulations on finding a setting you love! And the periwinkle sapphire makes that old setting look so fresh. well done!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Your original setting was beautiful, but your new setting is just perfection! It is the rare perfect combination of vintage and modern design sensibilities IMO. The rose gold is just divine! Your gorgeous center stone is the star and it looks fantastic on you! :love: :love: :love:

Enjoy!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BOTH your rings are AMAZING!!!! How wonderful. Wear them in good health!!!!

You must have been using autocorrect, however, as you refer to VRAM customer service as "pathetic."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results