shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Victor Canera Trilogy with pears.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my Goodness! :love::love::love: @mrs-b your new VC trilogy right is absolutely stunning! I am so happy for you and I realize that you picked the proportions, but they are an absolute perfection!! I am sure that Victor would have picked very similar ones. The ring looks stunning on you!! I am so glad that after all the bling analysis you ended up with a ring that you will love and you have others in the pipeline! This is a forever kind of ring and I hope that you enjoy it for many years to come! It is gorgeous :)
I am also sorry to hear that you have an upcoming surgery, but trust that everything will be alright. You will be in my prayers and I hope it all goes well!

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
It's beyond beautiful! I'm having my diamond reset to a 3 stone with pear sides too! (not by VC though) Hoping mine will turn out as nice as yours!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom - Your questions made me chuckle - you are CLEARLY considering this style! So - to share with you my impressions....

I was concerned that it might like like a chunk of bling. I didn't want that. I wanted the round to look round and to stand alone. This is one of the reasons I chose victor. In doing pears with no center prongs, it allows you to see the rounded part of the pear cut back in where it meets the stone. When there're prongs, it sort of fills in that gap, and the overall shape looks very marquis-ish. But with no center prongs, you see the pear curve at the head, and it allows their individuality to stand out. So, no; not one big chunk of bling - a round with 2 pears. Definitely.

As for the pears - I'm reaping the rewards of buying 2 beautifully cut pears. They have no inclusions (at all) so there's nothing to cut the sparkle. Their polish is excellent, and their overall cut is very precise - probably in large part because they were cut as a pair. Being white, clean, and well cut, I find I get a lot of sparkle from them, and they don't differentiate from the center stone at all. I've had pears with dead-looking tips. these aren't they. I find the look between the 3 stones cohesive and uniform.

How are you going on your 3 stone project? I'm looking forward to updates!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 -

Thank you for your very kind comments. I want to be absolutely clear tho - I am NOT having 'open heart surgery'. There's a huge difference between open heart surgery and micro intravenous heart surgery, and I am having the latter. I'm assuming there's no chance my DH will hold his breath till he knows I'm 'alive' - I'm in otherwise reasonably good health and death on the table seems unlikely, I'm happy to say. And should my heart 'stop' for ANY amount of time during the procedure, there will be lawsuits to be had.

Having said all that - I definitely think you should have a VC creation! I think you'd get a lot out of it and appreciate the artistry of his craftsmanship. The man is a master.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Catmom - I love it, and the combos with the bands seem to be working well also.

And I hope all is well with you and yours - almost time to start decorating for Christmas! :wavey:

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @SimoneDi :wavey:

I agree - I think Victor would have chosen the same proportions. I have to say, tho, I think I was able to contribute better pears than he would have been able to find at short notice. In all my years collecting (a number of years which will remain unmentioned!) I have never - EVER - seen perfectly matched pears like this of this quality. I feel as tho I was able to make a significant contribution to the beauty of the project, so I'm very pleased. :)

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beyond beautiful! I'm having my diamond reset to a 3 stone with pear sides too! (not by VC though) Hoping mine will turn out as nice as yours!

Awesome, @Shopaholic !!

What are the sizes of your stones, and who is doing it for you?

I hope you love yours as much as I love mine! :)

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Awesome, @Shopaholic !!

What are the sizes of your stones, and who is doing it for you?

I hope you love yours as much as I love mine! :)

my middle stone is 2.52ct and I asked for smaller pears on the side to give it a more "flower and petals" kind of effect, I think for the look .25 -.30ct on each side. It's being made by my local jeweler here -Long's, that we have a long standing relationship with, no pun intended!lol!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
God I love that Tiffany band I wish it were mine! I've always loved it.

I love this band also. I wanted it for ages before I got it, and am so glad it wasn't taken out of their catalogue before I was able to get one. As bands go, it was expensive, but worth every penny for its originality, I feel.

I always thought Tiffany missed an opportunity in not making it in yellow gold as well. @Niel - can you IMAGINE how awesome your new solitaire would look, paired with this in yellow gold?? Oh man....!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my middle stone is 2.52ct and I asked for smaller pears on the side to give it a more "flower and petals" kind of effect, I think for the look .25 -.30ct on each side. It's being made by my local jeweler here -Long's, that we have a long standing relationship with, no pun intended!lol!
Another Bostonian?:) your proportions also sound lovely!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @SimoneDi :wavey:

I agree - I think Victor would have chosen the same proportions. I have to say, tho, I think I was able to contribute better pears than he would have been able to find at short notice. In all my years collecting (a number of years which will remain unmentioned!) I have never - EVER - seen perfectly matched pears like this of this quality. I feel as tho I was able to make a significant contribution to the beauty of the project, so I'm very pleased. :)

Hi @mrs-b! I agree, those pears of yours are so beautiful and what a perfect match! I am so happy that you have one of the projects on your list complete already and at enjoying your beautiful three stone! It is absolutely stunning!:appl:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, fellow Bostonian! though the Red Sox just lost out of going to World Series, bummer! now it's all about "go Pats!"
Next year better! And yes - "go Pats" will be indeed :D I am looking forward to seeing your complete three stone as well! For me it will be interesting to see the product of a local jeweler.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Next year better! And yes - "go Pats" will be indeed :D I am looking forward to seeing your complete three stone as well! For me it will be interesting to see the product of a local jeweler.

I will be sure to post it when it's finished. I posted a CAD in my other thread - the Memoire eternity band one. I don't want to hikack Mrs.b's lovely thread by posting it here. Lol!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
It looks amazing! Congrats!

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Mrs.b, I just read about you needing cardiac surgery, I just wanted to give you well wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. I am a scientist in cardiovascular medicine, cardiac issues are daunting to face but can be overcome! There are many promising therapies out there. Again, best wishes to you.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, and so perfectly gorgeous on your hand :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LawmaLlama and @azstonie - thank you! It's an absolutely lush ring, and I'm really happy with this size on my finger. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Shopaholic @SimoneDi @Lookinagain

SimoneDi and I have talked about having a get-together at the end of the year - sort of a pre-Christmas celebration. Perhaps you both would like to join us? The Atlantic Seafood Company perhaps? Or L'Espalier, if we want to go really upmarket! Or Snappy Sushi if we want to keep it cazzzz, or Georgetown Cupcakes if we want a sugar fix? Or my house, if we want to do reeeeeeally Christmas-y! I bake, and decorate - hard! - and Lookinagain and I live in the same town. So whatever suits all of us, if you'd like to do this. (Where's that Santa emoji??)

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
.......:eek-2:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SimoneDi and I have talked about having a get-together at the end of the year - sort of a pre-Christmas celebration. Perhaps you both would like to join us? The Atlantic Seafood Company perhaps? Or L'Espalier, if we want to go really upmarket! Or Snappy Sushi if we want to keep it cazzzz, or Georgetown Cupcakes if we want a sugar fix? Or my house, if we want to do reeeeeeally Christmas-y! I bake, and decorate - hard! - and Lookinagain and I live in the same town. So whatever suits all of us, if you'd like to do this. (Where's that Santa emoji??)

Yay! The more, the merrier! :appl: @mrs-b you are so very kind to invite us into your home! Thank you! All options sound lovely =)2

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock

You're such an awesome person Mrs.b! This sounds so fun but with 3 little ones (5 yo, 2.5yo, and a 1.5yo) going away for my birthday and the middle one's birthday and Christmas guests , I don't want to leave you ladies hanging at the last minute. I will follow along and when you decide where and when, perhaps I can make it to your schedule.

mrs. b, feel free to pm me if you want to ask anything cardiac related. my colleagues are cardiologists and cardiovascular scientists. I can also give you my facebook, so we can begin to be friends there if you're on it!:razz:

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I just realized there's no PM here LOL! after all these years I'm still such a newbie. I guess I will follow any of your GTG details and let you know if I can come! Thanks so much for the invite! I don't know many people that are diamond obsessed like I am, so it would be nice to hang out with you fun gals!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I just realized there's no PM here LOL! after all these years I'm still such a newbie. I guess I will follow any of your GTG details and let you know if I can come! Thanks so much for the invite! I don't know many people that are diamond obsessed like I am, so it would be nice to hang out with you fun gals!

@Shopaholic -

Are you familiar with loupetroop? Go to their website and I will put up a message titled 'attn Shopaholic'. Just scroll down the listings on the front page until you find it. :)It will have my email address in it. Drop me a line so we have each other's contact details and I'll include you in any group emails. And if December doesn't work for you, we can always make it January - no worries!

ETA Listing on Loupetroop up! Let me know when you get it! :wavey:

Last edited:

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
got it!

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks mrs.b, I just signed up there but do not see your listing yet. I will keep an eye out and drop you line!

Sorry, @Shopaholic - I thought I'd pressed 'save' - but it was still in drafts! D'oh! It's there now.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Catmom - I love it, and the combos with the bands seem to be working well also.

And I hope all is well with you and yours - almost time to start decorating for Christmas! :wavey:

It is thank you and why yes, yes it is almost time!! :mrgreen:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm in!

And I have to say your ring is gorgeous. Love the view from the top down and also the profile. I've been away and just returned last night so I'm just seeing all of your photos now. Can't wait to see the ring in person!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results