shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Victor Canera Trilogy with pears.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year is the year of the great re-set! I'm trying to get ALL my loose diamonds set, to upgrade a bunch of things, get rid of a lot of pieces, and generally get closer to where I hope to go.

I had a 1.67 H VS2, Victor Canera H&A stone, which, for my finger, wasn't quiiiite large enough. I upgraded it to a 2.2ct G VS2 and had it set with a pair of .31ct G IF pears - so the ring is 2.82ctw, platinum setting.

Victor is a joy to work with and worth every cent you pay him. The workmanship is flawless and his attitude is amazingly patient and warm. One of the best jewelers with whom I've ever worked.

And this ring is perfect. Absolutely, and utterly perfect! Thank you to the many, MANY ladies who made suggestions and/or talked me through this process and especially those who persevered to the end - @diamondseeker2006 @ac117 @valeria101 @MissGotRocks @Bonfire @yssie @JDDN @SimoneDi @Tekate @whitewave @Phoenix @Niel @ILikeShiny and most of all - @LLJsmom and @msop04 - all you ladies ROCK!

So - a few snaps.... :D

20171003_102740_resized.jpg 20171003_102645_resized.jpg 20171003_104100_resized.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few more. I posted these also in the thread in RT about resetting - my apologies for those people seeing them in 2 places.

And now onto the next project....!

20171003_102528_resized.jpg 20171003_103129_resized.jpg 20171003_104219_resized.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hot damn mrs-b! I want it!! Victor was fast and fabulous on your project.
Perfect ring, perfect size, perfect everything! More pics!!

plad25

Shiny_Rock
:love: More pictures- especially a profile picture. It looks gorgeous- so classic.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Completely gorgeous! Congratulations on a beautiful reset

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is simply gorgeous and it looks perfect on you!! Congratulations on an amazing reset!! :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It couldn't be more "pear-fect"!! Congrats on your gorgeous new ring!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on another successful project @mrs-b It looks wonderful. It’s an example of why a round with side pears is such a classic setting when done just right. It is so APPEALING. I WANT ONE. How do you feel about how it looks from various angles? How do you like the size of your pears with your center and the scale of the ring as a whole? What do you think about the wearability of the ring? Hope you don’t mind all these questions. I know you just received it. In style, how would you compare it to the other artists you’ve worked with? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! I love incorporating pears in a trilogy ring and the stones' proportions are perfect!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is perfection. I can't think of one thing that would make it even the slightest bit better.

Damn... now I REALLY want a VC ring!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite three stone combo! Gorgeous!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... those who persevered to the end ...

To 'the end' of Part I , you mean ? As far as I recall, there are at least two more TBAs,

Looking forward to the end of Part III !

___

The ring is everything you say, of course. I am intrigued by the clever setting of the sides - stuck (I would imagine that they are slightly in tension - because of the unusually perfectly fit seats under them) between the bridge under the main stone & the subtle tip-holding ends of the setting ... IHMO, technically daring & worth it !

sidenote: once upon a time, I thought that an approx. 1.5 cts round would be my ideal American Classic (While in Rome, do as the Romans do)... I still think that the size is exactly what my hand can carry honorably through the day, although a RBC is now very out of context for me. The choice of size remains true for anything day-wear. I am happy to see such a great version happening !

Last edited:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh YES. It's perfect, I want one too!!! Seriously mrs-b, this is such a timeless beautiful look and everything about it works. I love the center stone and those pears are spot on for proportions!

The 'look' is beautiful but the other thing that makes this special is the craftsmanship and how well it's made. Yippee for you!!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous! Makes me want a three stone pear ring now! I love it!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful classic!!! :love: That's one of my favorite designs, and Victor did a beautiful job as always!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told you already and I'll tell you again how much I LOVEEEEE your new ring!!! :love::love: Elegantly classic and done extraordinarily well!! You are one super lucky lady and I hope I one day have the pleasure of meeting you in person and playing with your amazing collection!!! :halo::clap::P2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You would be more than welcome, @ac117 - I feel like you've earned at least one free wear! :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Thank you @Bonfire @plad25 @HS4S_2 @MissGotRocks @carbonfan @yennyfire @kathley @ILikeShiny @imdoubler @AprilBaby @valeria101 @JDDN @kayla17 @diamondseeker2006 @Alex T @Donnass117 @msop04 @ac117 - for all your kind comments. The ring is gorgeous and everything I had hoped it might be!

@LLJsmom - to answer your questions - it looks perfect from EVERY angle - and I do mean that without hyperbole. As rings go, I just can't fault it. Would I polish it more? No. Change the proportions? No. Slim down anything? No. Do I want the claws smaller? Well, hell! - I can barely see them as is! It's just absolutely perfect. As for the pears, Victor made a HUGE exception and used pears I already owned. To come clean - I have to have an operation on my heart as a result of a bunch of genetic health issues, and I've been through the wringer lately. So - unless someone is looking at cardiac surgery - I just want to be very clear - don't even bother asking Victor if he'll use your stones; the answer is NO. I bought the pears some years ago from James Allen when I was perusing their website and saw these 2 - obviously cut as a perfect pair. Their proportions were identical to the one hundredth of a mm, and they were both G IF. I've 'sat on them' for years - waiting for the perfect center stone; if there's one thing I've learnt, it's that a wonderful jewelry collection is a marathon not a sprint. So all that to say - the proportions were mine. However, the width/depth of the band was Victor's choice, and it's 100% spot on. The ring is delicate, without feeling flimsy.

It's a tad higher than I expected - but I like that aspect of it. It makes the center stone slightly more obvious and gives the stone variation - making it less band-like and more engagement ring-like.

As for comparing it to others - I think DKJ has come miles over the last few years. Their workmanship was always good, but they've put on 3 new benches - 2 of whom specialize in micro-pave, and I believe you can see the difference. The third is a master jeweler (their uber-bench) - and his prong work is sublime. So I have to say, depending on which bench you request, I believe DKJ can produce workmanship just as good as anyone else's out there, using a cast method. HOWEVER - on that topic - I've asked DKJ to make me a ring with a cast band, but a hand-forged head, so we'll see how that goes. I am a tough client - exacting - so if it comes out well, I'll let you know. And one last thing - are you on FB? I'd love to friend you! :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b, if you take any more pictures, could you take one of the side view? Would love to see that perspective if you're ever so inclined!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a find the pears were ! ::)

On a different note ...
of course, no excuses are needed for having diamonds set - let alone surgery ! :errrr:

Wear them all in good health ! :clap:

[not on FB]

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh mrs-b, I can’t let that go without comment. I’m really sorry you are facing cardiac surgery (been through it with my DH) But way to go successfully convincing Victor to use your pears! I mean why not work it a little, right? Wishing you only the best and can’t wait to see #2 & #3!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Mrs B! :love::love::love: Sooo glad this has worked out to your complete satisfaction.

Sorry to hear about your surgery.

Can't wait to see the rest of your projects, aka Parts II and III.

Whheeeee!!!:dance:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Thank you @Bonfire @plad25 @HS4S_2 @MissGotRocks @carbonfan @yennyfire @kathley @ILikeShiny @imdoubler @AprilBaby @valeria101 @JDDN @kayla17 @diamondseeker2006 @Alex T @Donnass117 @msop04 @ac117 - for all your kind comments. The ring is gorgeous and everything I had hoped it might be!

@LLJsmom - to answer your questions - it looks perfect from EVERY angle - and I do mean that without hyperbole. As rings go, I just can't fault it. Would I polish it more? No. Change the proportions? No. Slim down anything? No. Do I want the claws smaller? Well, hell! - I can barely see them as is! It's just absolutely perfect. As for the pears, Victor made a HUGE exception and used pears I already owned. To come clean - I have to have an operation on my heart as a result of a bunch of genetic health issues, and I've been through the wringer lately. So - unless someone is looking at cardiac surgery - I just want to be very clear - don't even bother asking Victor if he'll use your stones; the answer is NO. I bought the pears some years ago from James Allen when I was perusing their website and saw these 2 - obviously cut as a perfect pair. Their proportions were identical to the one hundredth of a mm, and they were both G IF. I've 'sat on them' for years - waiting for the perfect center stone; if there's one thing I've learnt, it's that a wonderful jewelry collection is a marathon not a sprint. So all that to say - the proportions were mine. However, the width/depth of the band was Victor's choice, and it's 100% spot on. The ring is delicate, without feeling flimsy.

It's a tad higher than I expected - but I like that aspect of it. It makes the center stone slightly more obvious and gives the stone variation - making it less band-like and more engagement ring-like.

As for comparing it to others - I think DKJ has come miles over the last few years. Their workmanship was always good, but they've put on 3 new benches - 2 of whom specialize in micro-pave, and I believe you can see the difference. The third is a master jeweler (their uber-bench) - and his prong work is sublime. So I have to say, depending on which bench you request, I believe DKJ can produce workmanship just as good as anyone else's out there, using a cast method. HOWEVER - on that topic - I've asked DKJ to make me a ring with a cast band, but a hand-forged head, so we'll see how that goes. I am a tough client - exacting - so if it comes out well, I'll let you know. And one last thing - are you on FB? I'd love to friend you! :wavey:
@mrs-b. I'm so sorry about the upcoming surgery. I hope that these beautiful bling projects have been a lovely distraction for you. I hope that the operation goes smoothly, that you have the best doctors, staff and facilities and that your recovery is easy and restful. Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts and observations. I hope you don't mind me asking such detailed questions. It's just that I think you notice the details that I would notice too, and your observations help me understand better, kwim? I have to say that I think it's wonderful that Victor made an exception about using your stones in your situation. I think that is very thoughtful and understanding of him. And it's great that you finally got to use your G IF pears. If there ever was a setting that was worthy of them, this is it. If I ever get a three stone, I would be happy to use stones he supplies. I wouldn't trust myself to come up with the right size anyway, and it would be a great excuse to get a couple of his Canera Ideal hearts you seem to favor.
I don't go on FB much anymore. Actually, I don't think I know the pw. You can look me up on LoupeTroop. Look up "paper airplane necklace" and I am the seller. It's a necklace that I don't know why I bought. It was cute. :roll2: And we can connect via email and who knows what else... :mrgreen2:
Enjoy that amazing, beautiful, stunning piece of art. But I am biased. I think anything Victor makes is a piece of art.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results