shape
carat
color
clarity

My new vertical ring from Daniel M with Vintage stones!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ok so I didn't know whether to post this in colored gems, SMTB, show me your Daniel Ms etc. but settled on Antique and Vintage because I love this forum and I used old zircons from some vintage pieces. I was inspired by this vertical ring with transitional diamonds that I loved, but of course this ring was $$$$. And I thought of trying to re-create it by perhaps matching tranny diamonds, or having two euros with a ruby center, etc etc but it seemed a monumental and also very expensive task.

IMG_9151.jpg

And then I realized if I were going to have another diamond ring I would go for more of a classic look anyway. So I thought - blue zircons! Many of those were transitional cut, and they have so much fire for a gemstone. I was inspired by @Polyhex 's past projects with zircons as well as @dk168 's. So I went looking on Etsy and found these (don't hate me that I took the settings apart!) vintage beauties:

zircon.jpg

I figured I could take the bigger one from the marcasite setting and flank it with two from the three stone, and I would have a similar looking ring. I reach out to Dan based on previous recommendations of his work as well as his affordable pricing. I have to say he really came through. I am thrilled with the result. I realize that the vertical look may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I find it eye-catching and fun! Here is a video from my IG that really captures the sparkle:

As well as some more pictures. Side views are so hard to capture because it pics up the color of my shirt and my phone case! Gah! But hopefully you get the idea.

IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0410.PNG IMG_0414.jpg IMG_0413.jpg

I love the blue color and the sparkle!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty, love the faceting on the zircons!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Love the blue/green color and the facet pattern of these stones❤️

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
@Spring Day tagging you since you were asking about what Dan was making for me ;-)

OHHHH YAYYYYY! Thank you for tagging me! I freaking love it! I love the color and the cut! You seem to have such an eye for making old things new again but with your own flair! Will this be an RHR?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah that is glorious! love the vertical setting and those blue zircons

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a stunner! The cut on the zircons is beautiful and the ring is so unique.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful zircons...one of my fav stones.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
OHHHH YAYYYYY! Thank you for tagging me! I freaking love it! I love the color and the cut! You seem to have such an eye for making old things new again but with your own flair! Will this be an RHR?

Yes for the right hand :)

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
Ok so I didn't know whether to post this in colored gems, SMTB, show me your Daniel Ms etc. but settled on Antique and Vintage because I love this forum and I used old zircons from some vintage pieces. I was inspired by this vertical ring with transitional diamonds that I loved, but of course this ring was $$$$. And I thought of trying to re-create it by perhaps matching tranny diamonds, or having two euros with a ruby center, etc etc but it seemed a monumental and also very expensive task.

IMG_9151.jpg

And then I realized if I were going to have another diamond ring I would go for more of a classic look anyway. So I thought - blue zircons! Many of those were transitional cut, and they have so much fire for a gemstone. I was inspired by @Polyhex 's past projects with zircons as well as @dk168 's. So I went looking on Etsy and found these (don't hate me that I took the settings apart!) vintage beauties:

zircon.jpg

I figured I could take the bigger one from the marcasite setting and flank it with two from the three stone, and I would have a similar looking ring. I reach out to Dan based on previous recommendations of his work as well as his affordable pricing. I have to say he really came through. I am thrilled with the result. I realize that the vertical look may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I find it eye-catching and fun! Here is a video from my IG that really captures the sparkle:

As well as some more pictures. Side views are so hard to capture because it pics up the color of my shirt and my phone case! Gah! But hopefully you get the idea.

IMG_0408.jpg

So beautiful and creative!!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Love this ring! Zircons are one of my faves gems. Daniel M did a great job.

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find and I love the re-purposed ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Two pretty! And that blue!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_9151.jpg

zircon.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Wow !
I didn't think this would be my cup of tea but it looks spectacular on your finger !!
You have awsome vision to execute such a project

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super cool ring! Would love more pics!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Super cool ring! Would love more pics!

Happy to oblige. I hate though how the best pics of the ring are the worst of my hands. Ugh my veins seem to show worse in pics. So most of these are sans hands.

F261471A-2C3E-4461-ABCF-EB8ED96DD163.jpeg

Attachments

• FC58F28A-A0EF-4596-B343-6C6783D6B67A.jpeg
    FC58F28A-A0EF-4596-B343-6C6783D6B67A.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 17
  • C5CC7F40-8096-4ACD-A0CF-1637930701CA.jpeg
    C5CC7F40-8096-4ACD-A0CF-1637930701CA.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 3FB09045-2804-4A32-8D72-E32590CD512F.jpeg
    3FB09045-2804-4A32-8D72-E32590CD512F.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 25
  • 29BBEA85-FE84-4D47-830D-1FE910AA683B.jpeg
    29BBEA85-FE84-4D47-830D-1FE910AA683B.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 22

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
oooo!!! that's some serious finger coverage! You could use that beauty as a weapon if someone tried to mess with you! :lol:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I love zircons and this is bright, bold and beautiful. I can imagine that waiting in line at the supermarket, with your hand causally resting on the handle of the trolley/cart might easily become an enjoyable part of food shopping.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Such a beautiful and unique ring. Love the color and cut of those zircons!!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
oooo!!! that's some serious finger coverage! You could use that beauty as a weapon if someone tried to mess with you! :lol:

Ha it's already gotten tangled in my hair once!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I’m back! And I sure am glad I did! New pics! God that blue is so cool like the Caribbean Sea! It makes me wanna drink a mai tai and lay on the sand and soak in some rays.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are gorgeous stones & I love what you've created with them! :kiss2:

Dan is a master & you should DEFINITELY post this in his thread in CS. It's so unusual from his regular work & it will be good for others to see that he can go off piste when required.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results