shape
carat
color
clarity

my new superbcert upgrade...it gorgeous and mind/eyeclean!! YAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Well, I recieved my superbcert diamond ring from AGA today and it is absolutely gorgeous!!! I haven't had my ering on my finger for about three weeks, so of course the 2.03, G, SI1 looks HUGE on my finger. I think the light performance on this one is even better than my previous stone, the 1.52, H, VS1.

Thanks to all those who gave feedback on my other post...i was really concerned about the inclusion..as I've never had or seen a diamond this size with SI1 clarity ranking. I've decided that it was "mind clean" enough to go ahead with it, and I am soooo glad I did!! I first tried to locate the inclusion without the loupe and I could not see it even right up my eyes, face up and pavilion side. I got the loupe out and sure enough, it was there. I tried to locate it again without the loupe, and honestly, I still can't find it!! The crystal is dark, however it is very very small so I cannot locate it without the loupe. Under overhead white light, I think I caught a glimpse of what looked like a tiny, tiny fleck of dust but this was after staring it at about a minute, and when I looked away and looked at it again, couldn't find it.
This is so exciting for me..I now have a stone that I can identify with a loupe but cannot see the inclusion with a naked eye what so ever. I have excellent eyesight even though I am in my early thirties
21.gif
I am a clarity nut and thought I would prefer clarity over color. I am so glad I decided to go with th G and lower clarity against the "I" and VS1. This puppy is sooo white!! Yipeee!!!
Thanks to Jennifer, Vtigger, MMM, Reeena, Al, Mara, quaeritur,cflustist, val,Kam...all those who helped me through this process, and Kayla17 for her advice on setting, etc. I've decided to have Chris at AGA have their jeweler extend the prongs while I find the pave setting I want to ulitmately set this in.
Finally, a huge thank you to Chris Di Camillo at AGA...he is awesome!!
21.gif

And lastly, sevens one..here is the pendant pic I promised you...it's 0.62, I, SI1 in a three prong basket setting
21.gif

Here are some pics!!

2carat1.jpg

slammie

Shiny_Rock
yuck, my nails need a manicure

2carat2.jpg

slammie

Shiny_Rock
a few more

IMGP0749.jpg

slammie

Shiny_Rock
sorry, previous was a duplicate!

2carat6.jpg

slammie

Shiny_Rock
picture ala jennifer style!

2carat5.jpg

slammie

Shiny_Rock
last one...this is for you sevens one..

pendant.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How wonderful for you! Beautiful all 'round.

cheers

Sharon

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You're right--this stone is gorgeous! Congrats on a beautiful ring!!!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooooo...how yummy! Absolutely love it
appl.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Yowza, Yowza Yowza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG- That is amazing. SLAMMIE!!!!!!!!!!!
IT's beautiful. I love it. What size is your finger.....hmmmm. You forgot to mention that.

And when you said this one's for seven's one- did you mean I get to keep that pendant????
naughty.gif
naughty.gif

More Pics, More Pics, More Pics

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone
love.gif
, and beautiful ring.
Wear it in good health.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OH MY G*D!!!!!!!!!!! Slammie, that is truly one of the most beautiful stones I have ever seen here.
love.gif

It literally "lights up"!
10.gif
How did you get those pictures???? And I don't think it gets more eye clean-and mind clean- than this!!!! Congratulations--it is magnificent! Superb choice! Superb stone! No wonder Barry calls it a "SuperbCert."
2.gif
1.gif
(ok-corny but I'm excited!)

appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, slammie, that's a slam dunk! And you're right, it looks HUGE
love.gif
!

Congratulations and do wear it well. Woooo hooooo!!!!!
appl.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, it's beautiful! I love the arrows in it...you got some great shots of it!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Slammie, OH MY GOODNESS! What a BEAUTIFUL end result!

Congratulations! Relish in your new bauble every day!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
slammie, love that first shot of the arrows!! but of course, you can see them in every shot!!
love.gif
just gorgeous, and love the pendant too. congrats on the upgrade
1.gif

edit: your e-ring and e-band are my dream set!!! solitaire with eternity band, can't get any better than that
2.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
holy.
freaking.
carp.

MY WORD, slammie, that stone is fantastic. i have officially been converted into an RB lover. mother of g*d! i bet you get people crossing rooms to see that baby.

congratulations on a simply fabulous ring.
1.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
thanks for all your sweet comments
21.gif
I am on cloud nine right now
21.gif
. I know this sounds sooooo stupid but after I wrote this post, my hubbie told me he was going out to get some milk and I ran out of here to get some...an excuse to check this baby out under the grocery lights..
so an hour later here I'm back! I just love grocery store lightening..it's incredible...heehee
Anyway, finger size is 4.75, I have small fingers and a short pinkie finger which is why no full hand shots!! If you look at your hand palm side up, your pinkie finger should reach the last joint line of your ring finger but mine is about halfway between the middle and last joint of the ring finger. My husband is always teasing me about it!
As for the pics...I read on here that having the light behind the ring, i.e. on windowsill, works great. Even though it's cloudy today, I got some great arrow shots on macro setting.
Okay gals..now back to my manicure...
21.gif
Thanks again for your kind comments!
Edited: The ring looks so bling with the wedding band..I'm kinda afraid to wearing to work on monday. I don't really want my collegues at work to notice..you know what I mean??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
slammie that is beautiful!! really really beautiful! SC stones always look sooo fabulous...honestly. and those arrows. to die for!! we will have to have a bayarea event again soon, this time you will come and i will drool in person over your fabu stone! it looks like a monster on your hand. Congrats.
2.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
i keep coming back to look at those awesome pics!!!!

i'd love to hear more about your wedding band, too, now that you mention it--it's beautiful and right along the lines of what i want!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Yeah what size stones are in the diamond band.
I'm drooling over everything, the ering, the band and the pendant.

Oh Slammie!!!
love.gif
love.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
AWESOME HUGE DIAMOND!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What can I say? Beautiful!!!!

I absolutely love the low light pictures that you took. They really show the arrows so well! How did you like the prong job on the Royal Crown?

Absolutely stunning!!!! And, it looks monstrous on your hand too!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

Hey, I know I am from NY, but can I come to the Bayarea diamond event too?

Puhlease?
cry.gif
sad.gif
9.gif

hello kitty5

Rough_Rock
Congratulations slammie! the stone is SO beautiful and looks great on your hand. Enjoy!
love.gif
anna

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
just came back to covet, bad me
5.gif
i can't get over the arrows, and such great photog skills
9.gif

i really love how small the prongs are on the royal crown, do you plan on keeping that setting?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING. STUNNING. I mean what else can I say really. It is amazing. Amazing. Congrats to you...it is beautiful. You made the right decision and it is amazing!!!!
love.gif
love.gif

p.s. How the HELL did you take those pix. I must be a little slow or something... i can't come close

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I don't think there are words to describe the beauty of your diamonds.

slammie

Shiny_Rock
thanks guys!! I just can't get the stupid grin off my face. Hi Kayla, I like the prong job very much, they did a terrific job. As you know, I had asked them to make the tips into little claws and bless them they tried but NO ONE does the claws like Leon. But they are very small, dainty and claw like so I'm happy
9.gif

Sevens one, Reena, I had the diamond band custom made to fit under the RC...as you know it's low set so I had the hardest time finding one that cleared the prongs. Of course Kayla's beautiful Tiffany band fit like a dream but I couldn't afford it so we decided to go custom. Plus, the one other band I found to fit did not have rounded shank edges which I wanted. So....I had the band made by a local jewelers (Topper Jewelers in Burlingame, CA) and they did an awesome job!! Shank was rounded to match the RC with a low profile... I had him put 8 stones rather than the usual 7 which fit the span of my finger best, and used .07 ideal cut Lazare Kaplan melees some of which have nice arrows. I decided not to make it with a open gallery. ll take some photos of it tomorrow morning and post.
Kberly, I'm going to either custom make or get a pave mounting for it, so I'll either sell it or have a interlap cz put into it. Reena, I did try the pave settings with my wedding band and it looked kindof odd together so DH has agreed to me wearing it on my right hand and getting a matching pave band.
Anyway, thanks for all the kind words...and more pics on the band tomorrow!!
wavey.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Slammie, it's gorgeous, looks to be at least 3 carats, and is in a lovely, classic setting. What's not to love!!!! Not to mention, I have a real soft spot for SCs. Those arrows are to die for. Congratulations on getting your dream rock.

Shay

P.S. I know it's not 3 carats, but what I meant above is that it looks HUGE on your lovely, slender hands.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Just taking another peek...simply stunning.
2.gif
3.gif
9.gif
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results