shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Solid Carved Ruby Bangle Bracelet

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I probably overpaid for this bangle, and it looked more red in the vendor's photos, but I LOVE IT! I had researched jade bangles, and I have to admit that I really can't see a difference between inexpensive and very expensive ones, and it's all so confusing to me, but I saw this ruby one and couldn't stop thinking about it. My husband gave me the go-ahead, and I was very excited! So...it's more of a pinkish/purplish ruby than I was expecting, though it does have intense saturation in the sun, with red tones and translucency, as well as some chatoyance (in any lighting). It fluoresces intensely even though the material is from Tanzania, and I really like the matrix. It shows other tiny crystals. The bangle is 58mm (inner diameter) and fits perfectly. I've chosen to wear it on my right wrist. I love the feel and weight of it. It wasn't inexpensive, but I looked around and couldn't find another one like it. So here it is, and I'm enjoying it!

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

Here it is when I hold a pen light to it. So red!

IMG_2494.JPG

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! :love:

It's stunning and fascinating. Enjoy wearing it and getting to know it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! Love the dalmatian portion ;-) But do be super careful!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love it and have never seen another like it. Gorgeous!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY :love: I didn't know you could get bangles made of solid ruby. I think my heart just missed a beat. it's lovely

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! I love it and have never seen another like it. Gorgeous!

I haven't seen another one like it, either!

OH MY :love: I didn't know you could get bangles made of solid ruby. I think my heart just missed a beat. it's lovely

I didn't know, either, until I saw it. I have seen a bunch of ruby in zoisite, and rubyin fuschite bangles, but there is far less ruby in those, and I'm not crazy about the look of those. I love this one in the sun!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly. What an amazing color and piece.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never saw anything like it. So co-o-ol!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, everyone! I am really enjoying it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THAT must have been some ruby BOULDER !

RUBY BANGLE - a ruby bangle is supposed to be impossible, like a diamond bangle ...

[one white night too many here]

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so beautiful!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, this might seem ridiculous, but I feel as if the ruby bracelet is getting brighter and more transparent as it gets to know me. Maybe I'm just learning about better viewing lighting, haha. This is on my couch (inside my house), with sunlight coming in through the window around 6PM in the evening. I love it so much.

RUBY-BRACELET-SUNSET.JPG

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this? What an amazing piece.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it - can you imagine the size of the boulder from which it was cut?!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my God! My foray into stone bangles has ended in disaster. After the ruby one, I bought more. An Amazonite one and a lapis one snapped in half when I clapped my hands (two separate times). A rose quartz one cracked just from being next to the ruby one. Just now, I was taking the ruby one off, gently and with lubrication, and it broke in half in my hands. I am devastated! Time for a totally different interest!

IMG_4748.JPG

IMG_4750.JPG

Last edited:

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OH no!! I was just about to comment how beautiful it is and saw THIS! I am heartbroken for you! So sorry.sad :((

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, I think untreated jadeite bangles are the only durable ones that doesn't need babysitting.

I also have broken citrine, rhodochrosite, and some other bangles. You can get them hinged so you can wear them again.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a drag. You've had no luck!o_O

cheers--Sharon

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm feeling the highs and lows with this one thread. I was going to say how beautiful it is and then...BAM! It's broken. Now I feel broken too. ;(

Can you fix it with gold connectors or something? That would just add an even more beautiful element.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OH no!! I was just about to comment how beautiful it is and saw THIS! I am heartbroken for you! So sorry.sad :((
Thanks. :(
I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, I think untreated jadeite bangles are the only durable ones that doesn't need babysitting.

I also have broken citrine, rhodochrosite, and some other bangles. You can get them hinged so you can wear them again.

I'll look into that.

HI:

What a drag. You've had no luck!o_O

cheers--Sharon

:(

I'm feeling the highs and lows with this one thread. I was going to say how beautiful it is and then...BAM! It's broken. Now I feel broken too. ;(

Can you fix it with gold connectors or something? That would just add an even more beautiful element.

Thanks. I will try to do that.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sick for you.
They were so lovely. Hopefully they can, again, be so if you persue hinging them.
What a drag though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results