shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Sholdt Semi Bezel with Side stones in Yellow Gold- Hooray! the Reset Saga ends! And Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the stack D&T!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
D&T is looks fab with the sapphire band. Oddly enough I tried it on with a similiar ring but it didn''t work with my version. I think because of the plain shank.

Yours does sit higher than mine. I know that Sholdt has two versions of the same semi bezel and depending on the size of the stone, they''ll use either or. I know the one Pearlmans site is not the version that they set my stone in.

Honestly, I prefer yours. I like how it sits higher allowing for more band options. It also looks like you can see all the way around the pavilion on yours (or am I wrong?) so it should be easier to clean. On mine, the metal covers the side views completely.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you DD! I'm not a stacker person, but hmmm I might just convert
27.gif

Elle- You are right the metal does not encase the stone too much a little more open but you can't see the culet from the profile, only when I angle it down a titch in one of the picture then you can see. In one day my diamond looks filthy, but after a good brush down it looks all sparkly, I don't own a US cleaner...yet
6.gif
but it seems to clean up well enough with just my baby toothbrush. I think you have a bit more protection then mine around the girdle though. I still think yours is super stunning sleek
4.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Can you use a US on yours? I''d find out before getting one. You don''t want any of those coming loose.

I do the brush down too lol..

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2010 10:18:11 PM
Author: elle_chris
Can you use a US on yours? I''d find out before getting one. You don''t want any of those coming loose.

I do the brush down too lol..
hmmm good ? I''ve never owned one and I only have my ring cleaned at the jewelers at the most once a year. You are right though I don''t want any of them melees coming loose
23.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Gah! How did I miss the new pics? I lurve, I lurve. It looks fantastic with the non-matchy band! Just assume lots of gushing over here, ok?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 2:23:31 PM
Author: Novel
Gah! How did I miss the new pics? I lurve, I lurve. It looks fantastic with the non-matchy band! Just assume lots of gushing over here, ok?
You are too cute
9.gif
!!! thank you sweetie

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just stunning! The profile is amazing. It looks great with both bands.

PortlandKelly

Rough_Rock
I''m a little late to the party, but CONGRATULATIONS D&T!!! It is absolutely lovely! The stacking bands complement the Sholdt so perfectly!!
36.gif

You and elle had a discussion about the two different semi-bezel settings- the snug one like elle''s and the taller one like yours. My Sholdt ring was initially set in the taller setting. While it was beautiful, I asked them to set it into the snug version. Kinda wish Sholdt would ask us customers which version we want to avoid confusion.
41.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 10:53:59 PM
Author: PortlandKelly
I''m a little late to the party, but CONGRATULATIONS D&T!!! It is absolutely lovely! The stacking bands complement the Sholdt so perfectly!!
36.gif

You and elle had a discussion about the two different semi-bezel settings- the snug one like elle''s and the taller one like yours. My Sholdt ring was initially set in the taller setting. While it was beautiful, I asked them to set it into the snug version. Kinda wish Sholdt would ask us customers which version we want to avoid confusion.
41.gif
This is very interesting to me! I thought I saw something different about the rings but couldn''t put a finger on it. What type of wedding band do you wear PortlandKelly?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kay!
and PortlandKelly- you don''t know how many times I''ve ooogle over your thread as well!
30.gif
you know, it is interesting, because for some reason yours looks inbetween mine and elle''s height
33.gif
I think ANY semi bezel by Sholdt looks amazing but you are sooo right, maybe for a next ring... a request of height and profile openess request might be worth asking
37.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
D&T I love your ring! It sets that stone off so well too!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I love it with the sapphire band! It''s a great contrast, while still being harmonius!
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I love how good it looks with the plain band. Just lovely!!! Its a beautiful ring. I''m glad you finally find THE ONE.
36.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
D&T, I love the stacked bands with this ring! This setting never ceases to amaze me. And how very very interesting that there is a difference in height in these settings. I had no idea.

Say, *cough* wouldn''t it be great if someone who knows how to do a photo collage could paste together images of Elle''s, PK''s and your rings'' profiles??
12.gif
Who could do such a thing?

aaron_at_sholdt

Rough_Rock
Hi D&T....so glad you''re loving your ring! It always makes my day to hear people happy with our designs.

Just a point of clarification regarding this conversation above:

elle chris - "Yours does sit higher than mine. I know that Sholdt has two versions of the same semi bezel and depending on the size of the stone, they''ll use either or. I know the one Pearlmans site is not the version that they set my stone in."

PortlandKelly - "You and elle had a discussion about the two different semi-bezel settings- the snug one like elle''s and the taller one like yours. My Sholdt ring was initially set in the taller setting. While it was beautiful, I asked them to set it into the snug version. Kinda wish Sholdt would ask us customers which version we want to avoid confusion."

The model number of D&T''s ring is R477-1GD, and we do indeed have two models of this ring. They are essentially identical - one fits a half-carat, and the other fits a 1 carat. We use the model closest in size to the stone being set in the ring. Both of the models position the stone at the same height relative to the rest of the ring.

One thing we do differently than other designers is tailor rings to fit specific stones. When you mount your stone in a Sholdt ring, you don''t just get a ring....you get your ring. Thus, the height can change ever so slightly depending on the height of the specific stone. In the R477 (and most of our designs) we set the stone as low as possible.

Another thing to keep in mind about Sholdt rings is that they are made one at a time, by actual human jewelers. I''m watching ''em hard at work as I type this. There are always going to be very slight variations to hand made art items.

In the case of D&T''s ring, I think any variances in height that elle chris is seeing are not that the stone sits higher than normal, but the ring size being smaller than normal. It was a very small ring size, which is sometimes kind of hard to glean from photos.

Hope that helps,
Aaron

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you DF, Gecko, Princess, Joelly!

Aaron! How nice of you to drop in
36.gif
35.gif
Thank you for your explanation! I had a feeling there were two different models, I really like the plain shank as well like Elle's and Portlandkelly's ring, But I also like this ring with the more open profile and height... I'm sure you could make this style in a plain shank as well? Either way I think both version is absolutely STUNNING!!!
Lurchie--- for you my dear
2.gif

sholdtprofile comp.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
WOW, thanks for explaining.

I know when I sent you the stone, I was told to write "semi-bezel #408". The model number is different than the one on Pearlman''s page.
I also didn''t realize that the finger size can make a difference in what a I''m seeing with the height. Interesting.

Either way- Mine, PortalnadKelly''s and D&T''s are all gorgeous versions.
9.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Aaron, thank you so much for that incredibly helpful explanation! Great to see you here!

D&T - you are the bee''s knees. Thanks doll!
35.gif

bookmarks thread

PortlandKelly

Rough_Rock
How cool for Aaron to stop by!!!
36.gif

D&T this has become such an awesome informational thread! I hope you don''t mind me posting the first version of my setting. It''s truly a horrible picture, but it shows a variation of the setting that some folks may prefer.

And now I need to go do a search for where you got your Honey band because it is so beautiful and I''m on the hunt for a wedding band!

pkp1.JPG

aaron_at_sholdt

Rough_Rock
One other thing I just noticed in the photo montage above:

D&T''s, with the diamonds down the side, is an R477, for sure.

The other two, if I am correct, are the R379.

That would explain some of the other differences you may be seeing...though they have many similarities, they are actually two completely different models.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 3:25:04 PM
Author: PortlandKelly
How cool for Aaron to stop by!!!
36.gif

D&T this has become such an awesome informational thread! I hope you don't mind me posting the first version of my setting. It's truly a horrible picture, but it shows a variation of the setting that some folks may prefer.

And now I need to go do a search for where you got your Honey band because it is so beautiful and I'm on the hunt for a wedding band!
PK! hey I can see the culet on yours... is that correct? I love it! for some reason that photo montage doesn't show it too well
40.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
PK-Do you have anymore pictures of that first setting?! If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing you can see the entire pavilion and cutlet! This would solve my crisis of the open Fremont vs the semi bezel! More pics if you have them. sorry to thread jack D&T.

ETA- D&T that pic she posted is of the ring she sent back to have it lowered. But i think i want that one!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 3:41:22 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
PK-Do you have anymore pictures of that first setting?! If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing you can see the entire pavilion and cutlet! This would solve my crisis of the open Fremont vs the semi bezel! More pics if you have them. sorry to thread jack D&T.

ETA- D&T that pic she posted is of the ring she sent back to have it lowered. But i think i want that one!
ahaaa....lol i just reread PK's post,,, you are righty! that is the first version... which I love too!!! I just love SEMI Bezels...period anyway you make em'...lol...

SCG- threadjack away.. I want to help you with your delimma
41.gif
and this would be perfect... maybe you can let Sholdt know that you want yours to be raised slightly so you can have a more open pavilion with the culet showing for sure!... yay!

PortlandKelly

Rough_Rock
PK-Do you have anymore pictures of that first setting?! If I''m seeing what I think I''m seeing you can see the entire pavilion and cutlet! This would solve my crisis of the open Fremont vs the semi bezel! More pics if you have them. sorry to thread jack D&T.

Sorry for the confusion and the hijack D&T! The picture I posted above is the first version of my ring that sat higher. I sent it back and asked for the lower, snug version which is the ring in the montage. Sorry stepcutgirl, I don''t have anymore pics.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 3:57:01 PM
Author: D&T

PK-Do you have anymore pictures of that first setting?! If I''m seeing what I think I''m seeing you can see the entire pavilion and cutlet! This would solve my crisis of the open Fremont vs the semi bezel! More pics if you have them. sorry to thread jack D&T.

ahaaa....lol i just reread PK''s post,,, you are righty! that is the first version... which I love too!!! I just love SEMI Bezels...period anyway you make em''...lol...

SCG- threadjack away.. I want to help you with your delimma
41.gif
and this would be perfect... maybe you can let Sholdt know that you want yours to be raised slightly so you can have a more open pavilion with the culet showing for sure!... yay!

Woot! Woot! We may have a winner D&T!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so BEAUTIFUL, congrats!!!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY! stepCut! I''m sure it will be a dazzler
30.gif

aww thank you Skippy! how ya been?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results