shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I would never have thought of a design like this myself, but I really like it! With that center stone, it''s a stunner! Congratulations!
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your spess is just beautiful!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a unique ring, MAC!! Very nice of them to honor the original quote too.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely color in that stone!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hiya MAC!

I really like both the stone and the setting - it is unique and very flattering for the stone and on the hand.

Interesting side-bit: my lil sis had her ering (coloured stone centre) made at Koro. Now, not that I would *ever* say anything, but I''ve always felt the craftsmanship was below par on her ring, especially for what they paid..

The reason I say so, is from your photos your ring looks very nicely made and executed - it makes me wonder perhaps you had a different designer/jeweller there...?

Either way, the ring is gorgeous and I hope you enjoy iy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
That is just too cool. I never would have thought to do something like that, but I really like it. Enjoy!!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Innerkitten, Susimoo, Flygirl, MTG, Yvsie, Princessplease, Chiquitapet, Oddoneout, Aprilbaby, Bellamezzo, y2kitty, Maevie, Stonehunter, Gemgirl, Luckyshe, Aussienic, Motownmama, SparklyOEC, Catmom, Tuckins1, marcyc and beaglemom – apologies for the late reply. I was away for the weekend on a cooking course.

Thank you so much for all your comments. It is a stunning stone and Richard does great work cutting stones as did Michael setting the stone. I’m now saving up for my next stone from from Richard and it will definately be going to Michael to get set.
18.gif

In the meantime I'm planning a couple of other projects with stones I already have.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 6:56:36 PM
Author: Haven

Date: 3/5/2010 11:35:59 AM
Author:MAC-W
(Perth consumers are very very conservative and generally only consider diamonds or sapphires with really “adventurous” people having ruby, emerald or aquamarine.
Your ring is beautiful. That stone is really amazing, and I like that the setting isn't symmetrical.

I have a question about the comment I highlighted--I thought rubies *are* sapphires. Are they not?
Hi Haven, thanks for the compliments.

Yes rubies are sapphires, or at least they are both corundum, but some of the peple in Perth would be 'shocked' to learn that. If you were to say your sapphire was a blue ruby, or vice versa your ruby was a red sapphire they wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about.

LOL there is a saying in Australia that we are 5 years behind the rest of the world and WA is 10 years behind Australia. WRT gemstones I think thats correct
emembarrassed.gif

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 9:48:55 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I love it, quirky and fun. The spess is STUNNING though. You could have wrapped it in a pipe cleaner and tied it on yoru finger and it would still be amazing.

LOL to the pipecleaner comment. Thats so true.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 8:10:11 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
I didn't comment right away because I wanted to process the ring before I said anything. But I've been looking at the pics, and it really is growing on me. I like it a lot, actually. It's something different and special. I've never seen anything like it and that can only be a good thing because it's beautiful.

And the stone! That's the best part. Full of fire and personality. I really do love your ring.
LOL I know what you mean. Its exactly what I asked the jeweller to make but it does take some getting used to, but for me it certainly grew on me and after a couple of days I loved it.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 9:57:46 AM
Author: Laila619
What a unique ring, MAC!! Very nice of them to honor the original quote too.

Thanks Laila. Yeah I was pretty impressed that they honoured the original price. (and it wasnt a small difference either. It was A$600, which is I think just over $500 US) I dont think the guy I used for my last ring would have done that so I'm definately going to use Koro again. Its hard to find a good jeweller here and one that behaves like that is even rarer.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this! I love seeing rings that are new and different - as beautiful as all of them are, seeing the same thing over and again can get a wee bit boring so I''m always on the look out for the rings that stand out and make my mind sizzle and this one does that!!! Thank you for sharing it!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I love this! Very unique! Congrats!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 10:37:13 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hiya MAC!

I really like both the stone and the setting - it is unique and very flattering for the stone and on the hand.

Interesting side-bit: my lil sis had her ering (coloured stone centre) made at Koro. Now, not that I would *ever* say anything, but I''ve always felt the craftsmanship was below par on her ring, especially for what they paid..

The reason I say so, is from your photos your ring looks very nicely made and executed - it makes me wonder perhaps you had a different designer/jeweller there...?

Either way, the ring is gorgeous and I hope you enjoy iy!

Hey AJ,

Thanks for the compliments. I''m sorry to hear your sis''s ring was a bit below par. I dealt directly with Michael (one of the owners) and I believe he was intimately involved in the making of my ring (it was also mainly his design) but there was another guy also who did some of the metal work. As I understand it Michael set all the stones himself. I guess it does depend on who exactly does the bench work, but certainly I''m very happy with Michael. Even under the loupe I cant find anything that I''m not happy with.

If you or your sis ever use Koro again IMO it would be worth insisting that Michael is involved in the benchwork.

Plus he is a colour stone fan and all three of the meetings I had with him were 15 mins about my ring and the next hour or so about coloured stones - any and all. He has quite a few in his vault and its worth going in there just to play with them
18.gif
. He even has a paraiba which I was very surprised about. Also Boadicea the SA there, wears a lovely Morganite ring which again (because its Perth) I was very surprised by.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2010 9:15:54 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
I love this! I love seeing rings that are new and different - as beautiful as all of them are, seeing the same thing over and again can get a wee bit boring so I''m always on the look out for the rings that stand out and make my mind sizzle and this one does that!!! Thank you for sharing it!

Aaww Cehrabehra - Thanks. Thats such a nice thing to say and totally reflects my design philosophy. I''m glad that you ''get'' me

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2010 9:19:47 AM
Author: waterlilly
I love this! Very unique! Congrats!
thanks waterlily.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw your thread! Love the design! You know, when you said "paprika spessartite", I at first thought, well, a regular red spessartite. I did not imagine it was such a beauty!

Butterflyblu

Rough_Rock
I LOVE the color it is so rich and the ring design is gorgeous!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Crasru & Butterflyblu.

This is my first Richard Homer stone but it wont be the last LOL. The cutting is amazing, it just lifts the stone to a whole new level. The next stone I get from Richard is going straight to Michael for setting as well.
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous design, classic and yet fun and different.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
The stone is gorgeous plus a cool setting. Really pretty!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results