shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got my Richard Homer paprika spessartite set.

Stone specs
2.56 ct concave cut
Measurements 8.7x7.5x4.3mm
Origin: Namibia

The ring is half rose gold and half white gold with about 0.25tcw diamonds (if I remember correctly F colour and VS2 clarity).

I used a local Perth jeweller http://www.koro.com.au/ who did most of the design which mainly involved Michael drawing out half a dozen different designs and me saying “meh” or “ooh I like that part”. Michael is a coloured stone fanatic and said he really enjoyed working with something different and is desperate to get his hands on some of my other stones. (Perth consumers are very very conservative and generally only consider diamonds or sapphires with really “adventurous” people having ruby, emerald or aquamarine. I cant count the number of people in the last week or so who have said to me “wow, I love your ruby”
20.gif

One thing I do have to say is that after the ring was made, I found out that Koro actually went over the quoted price in terms of what it cost them to make my ring but they honoured the quoted price, so extra kudos for that, cos it was only a ballpark quote they gave.

So we finally settled on this design, which personally I love it as does hubby (but feel free to disagree though cos I know it won’t be to everyone’s taste).

Koro_paprika_day_02.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
The colour and cut of the stone are amazing and my photos really don’t do it justice

Koro_paprika_day_01.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
It really is little ball of fire, with lots of burning embers LOL

Koro_paprika_day_04.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
The profile is fabby

Koro_paprika_profile_02.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Koro_paprika_profile_03.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
At night it really comes into its own and in some situations it changes to an almost raspberry colour

Koro_paprika_night_05.JPG

GoldfishPie

Rough_Rock
I personally like symmetry in my rings, but the spessarite has a really beautiful color and makes for a stunning center stone. And there definitely won''t be another gal in the world with that design, so enjoy it!
28.gif

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you mean. I did have a few moments of buyers remorse in the first day or so and did wonder whether I should have gone symmetrical, but now I love the fact that from different angles it looks like 2 totally different rings.

Very very few of my rings are "traditional" so I think this definately suits my personality more. I do occasionally still wonder though if the unusual design takes some of the focus off the stone, but then I think its such an amazing stone that it would still stand out no matter what design I put it in
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is a wicked cool design!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Geckodani
1.gif

Hmm, 175 views and 2 responses. I''m guessing most people dont like it
8.gif
Oh well never mind - I do
36.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Cool ring! What a lovely fire like stone!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That is a stunner!

I think the fire in it is incredible. I love it!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love the fact that it looks like two different settings put together. Something a bit different and unique. But, that center stone is really spectacular. Just love Richard Homer''s work.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 11:35:59 AM
Author:MAC-W
(Perth consumers are very very conservative and generally only consider diamonds or sapphires with really “adventurous” people having ruby, emerald or aquamarine.
Your ring is beautiful. That stone is really amazing, and I like that the setting isn''t symmetrical.

I have a question about the comment I highlighted--I thought rubies *are* sapphires. Are they not?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it love it love it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s such a cool design!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Such an awesome ring!! The colour is amazing and the design is very cool!!!
36.gif
30.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t comment right away because I wanted to process the ring before I said anything. But I''ve been looking at the pics, and it really is growing on me. I like it a lot, actually. It''s something different and special. I''ve never seen anything like it and that can only be a good thing because it''s beautiful.

And the stone! That''s the best part. Full of fire and personality. I really do love your ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in love! What a gorgeous color!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
interesting! and that spess is gorgeous!!!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
1. The stone is gorgeous.
2. I like that it doesn''t have symmetry. Its so modern and showcases the gem.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, quirky and fun. The spess is STUNNING though. You could have wrapped it in a pipe cleaner and tied it on yoru finger and it would still be amazing.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I actually really love the non-symmetry of it.. it''s fabulous!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks unique but it is still an attractive ring! Very cool looking. Enjoy all the stares and compliments on that stone.
9.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a fabulous Spess! I love the richness of the color. The mounting is fresh and new and different. Very nice!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s a cool design!!!

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
Wow! Very nice! My eyes are drawn to the middle, then one side, then another, back to the middle again..and with every blink is another ahhhhh.. ( a good ahhh too) the more i look at it the more i love it.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results