shape
carat
color
clarity

My new pear is picked now it needs a setting please help!!!

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Re: My new pear is picked now it needs a setting please hel

Wow, that's gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Echidna|1314430937|3001299 said:
I really like annee's suggestion and DiaDiva's proportions.

If it were mine, I'd nix the side stones and put it in something akin to the Tiffany Bezet pear. Something about that just makes my mouth water...

Ohhhh that really is mouthwatering.... especially with the brushed-ish finish - so modern and elegant :love: :love: :love: :love:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

rubybeth|1314481049|3002041 said:
The ID one is really pretty.... :appl:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie|1314495355|3002951 said:
Echidna|1314430937|3001299 said:
I really like annee's suggestion and DiaDiva's proportions.

If it were mine, I'd nix the side stones and put it in something akin to the Tiffany Bezet pear. Something about that just makes my mouth water...

Ohhhh that really is mouthwatering.... especially with the brushed-ish finish - so modern and elegant :love: :love: :love: :love:
DiaDivas ring is very pretty I really like the bezel side stones... :love:
I do love bezels but I think the Bezet style is too plain for me. Although I guess I could bling it up with stackers :Up_to_something:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy|1314480421|3002019 said:
Elisateach|1314449066|3001411 said:
Gypsy|1314407637|3001031 said:
I would like this setting personally. WIth the diamond as the star (proportions adjusted so the sidestones are much smaller in proportion to the center stone): http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5404 I love the setting, but personally dislike the proportions.

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/HT1.jpg I think this Leon would look amazing with a pear as the center.

Or http://www.jamesallen.com/_images/jewelry/Danhov-18k-White-Gold-ME9-by-Danhov-Designer-Engagement-Ring-gallery1135.jpg No halo split shank setting.
Gypsy that BGD is to die for wish I had a spare 6K I would do that in a heartbeat. The other two are very pretty too, I worry about a split shank as I tend to puff and might end up with MUFFIN SHANK!!

I say give BGD a call. FInd out if they can simplify it somehow for your budget and still have it be similar enough that you love it. They can omit the last marquise on the shank and replace it with a small bezelled round. And if the proportions are adjusted and the sidestones are made smaller so the center is the star... it doesn't hurt to ask, right? 6K is a lot... but anything with substantial sidestones is gonna set you back.

Can you wait to set it a while and save up? I'm a big fan of getting the setting you want.

I know what you mean about muffin shanks. If the shanks are close enough together though, it might work. Or how about a split crown instead? 59AA18.jpg

Gypsy you find the best stuff...The Josette is really really beautiful and I am thinking of giving them a call and discusiing it. Briana nd Lesley are so goos to work with. I keep looking the ring and I really like it. The suggestions about tweaking it are great.
Actually if I wait :errrr: Like a good girl I do have money from my moms estate heading my way....I'm just so impatient :Up_to_something:
But good things come to those who wait right??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you Elisa! I love settings so it's just fun!

I would TOTALLY wait. Seriously. Get what you want and if you have to wait for it... you will be happier. A deal isn't a deal unless you get exactly what you want!

Bibbi

Rough_Rock

Congrats on such an amazing stone - its' BEAUTIFUL :love: and will look perfect in any setting :wink2: . Please post again once you have decided - my favorite shape is pears so I get super happy when we have new posts to look at :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVE the term muffin shank! We must use that again on the forum!!!!!

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful stone! I love a pear in a halo setting - can't wait to see what you decide!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Can't wait to see the final product :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D|1314473525|3001871 said:
I love pears with pear side stones! :love:

Ditto.

danyhutch

Rough_Rock

Have you seen Jessica Simpson's e-ring? The one Nick Lacey (or whatever his last name was) gave her??? That was very beautifull. Let me find a picture.

danyhutch

Rough_Rock

Here it is! :lickout:

100_3578.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I vote for a simple bezel myself. :naughty:

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock

I had these settings saved on my computer. Love the Landi one but the Neil Lane is a little decadent! :devil:

Landi_PearHalo_lol3_1671.jpg

NeilLaneCustom.jpg

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Wow way to keeps thread alive! Update I got a cz pear w side pears to wear around to see if I like that. I am also trying to find o e with traps on the sides. Any idea of a good size for proportion?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

These are different than what you want but I think they're unique so had to post them. The bottom one has the potential for side stones, just a very different version that the norm.

pears.jpg

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Shameless bump to say its on it's way!!! We ran into issues with deciding on setting! I love the Timeless Designs setting with a bezel and went down to see it in person. But I still go back to classic HW inspired tapered baguettes!! My original ering was that style so I will live with the diamond for a month or so and see what it wants to live in! Kinda like letting the baby name itself! http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7979
I will be posting when I do decide, and any suggestions are welcome !!! Merry Christmas !!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results