shape
carat
color
clarity

My New OEC from OWD!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i sent it off a few days ago to be set, but here are some pictures of it loose. it is a 1.36ct (7.0x7.1) G color, VS1 clarity (EGL L.A.).

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a little blurry, but captures some of the beauty

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sidish shot

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
side shot with a little flash of fire

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the crown

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
catching another flash

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
some color

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
almost done

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Holy CANNOLI, that is GORGEOUS! Nicely done, RD.
31.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
W
30.gif
W! I love the pattern. The "sidish shot" is my favorite. It is quite stunning!! Good for you!

How are you having it set?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful-can''t wait to see it when it''s done!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL - another amazing old stone, just lovely
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, it''s gorgeous!! how are you going to set it?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Please tell us how you plan to set it!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Wow!
3.gif
3.gif
It''s really sutnning!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Congrats!!

How you gonna set this beauty?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzer!!! That''s a gorgeous stone!
30.gif
31.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! thank you Allison, LV, packrat, AmberG, mrsS, Burk, and grapegravity!

i have sent it off to james meyer, to be set in a design like Coati''s, all platinum (
36.gif
HUGE, HUGE props to coati for having such amazing taste, for sharing it with all of us and for being such a gracious poster!!
36.gif
). i am pairing it with the band WED-G from JM as well (pic below, but mine will be all platinum).

i was originally going to go with mark morrell''s new design, the nested crown, but when i put this OEC in 6-prong soitaires on my hand, it didn''t wow me. i felt it needed something more, something to compliment the antique nature of it. plus this OEC has a very thin-thin girdle and i want the extra protection of a bezel. soooo.... i just kept going back to Coati''s thread and back to JM''s site until finally i emailed him for a quote. when his price came back the same as the MWM nested crown, i levitated and my arms when numb. i took that as a sign.
2.gif
1.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Holy sparkles!

I love it
30.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i should also mention that i had a great experience with Adam at Old World Diamonds. he sent me four diamonds (free overnight shipping!) before I decided upon this one. he believes in needing to see them in person, and he was great about letting me take the time i needed (10 day return policy, but was willing to give me more time if i needed it). he has a great eye as i told him the most important thing to me was light performance - i wanted amazing fire and some great brilliance and pattern. all four that he sent were beauties. i definitely recommend them. also i was looking to trade in my princess and was thrilled to no end when i found out he is willing to take trades, even on modern stones. i initially assumed that because he specializes in antique diamonds, he would have no interest.

i also took this OEC to jeff averbook (metro jewelry appraisers) and he was instrumental in helping me make my decision about this diamond. he also graded it as a G and upheld the VS1 clarity, and he said this was a rarer find for an antique given the color and condition. he also was impressed with its brilliance, especially for an old cut, which was also very important to me as i did not have the time or access to see a ton of these before purchasing. i was so glad to have a professional, who was unbiased, and who has seen many, many diamonds, confirm what my eyes were telling me.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone! Those chunky facets are amazing!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!
30.gif
It IS gorgeous!!! And I''m glad you had such a great experience with Adam. It''s good to get personal testimonials from customers. The setting you have planned will be stunning set with this stone!

Oh, and my favorite picture is the one on your fingers showing the lightening flash of color! Sublime............

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, I think a setting like Coati''s will be perfect for that stone. Honestly, if I still had my OEC I''d probably reset it the same way. congrats on your soon to be new ring..

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh!! This is so exciting! I can''t wait to see the finished ring. I keep going back to look at Coati''s ring too. I have been mentioning it to my husband a lot!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous OEC. I adore Coati''s ring!!! I can''t wait till it''s done!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

YAY Rainy!! I adore your gorgeous new stone!
30.gif
So glad you're having Jim make your setting. You will love it! Congrats hon!

xo

eta: we really need a show-me-your-JM-thread now! haha!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love that diamond
30.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That is a heck of a find. G colored OECs aren''t that common at all. And the cut looks just amazing!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:59:18 PM
Author: coatimundi
36.gif

YAY Rainy!! I adore your gorgeous new stone!
30.gif
So glad you''re having Jim make your setting. You will love it! Congrats hon!

xo

eta: we really need a show-me-your-JM-thread now! haha!

Coati- I just wanted to say that you are such an incredibly kind person to be so gracious about the multitudes of rings that are being made after seeing yours. I don''t think any ring has gotten this much attention in a few years around here. The last one that this type of following reminds me of was the Ritani endless love, no halo when it seemed there were a whole bunch of ladies in a row to get that ring. anyway, kudos to you and your divine inspiration!

i think a show me your JM would be fabulous
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results